It's not racism, just a observation

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not racism, just a observation

I don't even think this statement is racist, it's just an observation I've made since I purcahsed by TSX. But are there any blacks that drive Acuras? I pulled over to a Taco Bell today and the window guy was black and this is how our conversation went.

Him: "Nice ride, what is it?"
Me: "TSX"
Him: "Who makes it?"
Me: "Acura"
Him: "Who??"
Me: "Acura"
.... pause, then he hands back my change, and that's it.

So is it just a thing where blacks don't like the newer Acura's? Is there usually a racial preference to certian cars? I know for instance asians never drive Jags. Are there any blacks on this forum?

Just my personal deal, no harm meant by this post.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:07 AM
Evil Empire Peon

Actually, one of my school friends drives a Jag - she's Chinese.

As for African-Americans not driving Acuras - not here. I've seen quite a few in RSXes, Integras and TLs. Though I haven't seen any driving a TSX, but then again, haven't seen that many TSXes outside of work.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Well my African American friends in the Washington DC area LOVED my TL.

Regional preferences?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:21 AM
Racer

Most people like my car, but especially black guys. I don't think I've had any compliments on my car from random strangers that were not black people. There's a black guy in my girlfriend's neighborhood that gives me a thumbs up every time I drive by, and one of the mechanics (black guy) at the Acura dealership said that I drive a black man's car. So, I don't know many people with TSX's the only two I know personally are white, but I definitely have met many random black people that like the TSX.
Old 10-05-2004, 02:16 AM
Cruisin'

First of all I'm insulted that you would put "it's not racism...." in your title and have such an ignorant series of questions. Maybe you're that Julie chick from The Real World who doesn't know shit about shit and sure as hell doesn't know how to ask shit about shit. Why does it even matter who drives what and who's a member of what? What is the point of this thread? One more thing. Ending the post with "no harm meant by this post." wouldn't be necessary if you knew your intentions were clear and you weren't posting something remotely harmful to someone else's feelings. You should never speak in general. It only shows how much you really don't know.

Moderators, I request that this thread be removed. If it's not obvious why please pm or email me and I'll be happy to explain why without an audience. Whether or not you decide to remove this thread I want you to at least know where I stand.

No harm......
Old 10-05-2004, 04:03 AM
Instructor

You talk to one person, a drive-thru employee at that, and you automatically come to a conclusion. I would say more but blend put it so well.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:13 AM
Instructor

Just because one black person didn't know what kind of car you drive doesn't mean that the race in general has a particular preference towards one type of car or another. And yes there are black people in this forum.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:51 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by blendable79
First of all I'm insulted that you would put "it's not racism...." in your title and have such an ignorant series of questions. Maybe you're that Julie chick from The Real World who doesn't know shit about shit and sure as hell doesn't know how to ask shit about shit. Why does it even matter who drives what and who's a member of what? What is the point of this thread? One more thing. Ending the post with "no harm meant by this post." wouldn't be necessary if you knew your intentions were clear and you weren't posting something remotely harmful to someone else's feelings. You should never speak in general. It only shows how much you really don't know.

Moderators, I request that this thread be removed. If it's not obvious why please pm or email me and I'll be happy to explain why without an audience. Whether or not you decide to remove this thread I want you to at least know where I stand.

No harm......
I generally agree with this. It is a very unnecessary thread, and though it is not absolutely racist, it certainly sets grounds for a good landslide.

epkim, don't start another thread like this where you know you can start a fire you wouldn't be able to put out.

And to answer your question, just have a look in member's pics and see what an international car the TSX is. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9662