It's the little things

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 07:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i didnt read the whole thread, so i hope it wasnt already mentioned

but, i like the inner trunk handle to close the trunk......helps keep prints off a freshly washed car, or hands clean from a dirty car
Old 08-02-2006, 09:23 PM
Needs more Lemon Pledge

Received 2,000 Likes on 1,173 Posts
I love that even when my car (eventually) has 100,000 miles on it, when I put the key in the ignition and turn, it will start just like it does with 100 miles on it... Go HondAcura!!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The slow/smooth retraction of the "Oh Shit!" handles. Makes the car seem more refined and well thought out.

I guess this can also apply to the movement of the sunglass holder and dash compartments.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:47 PM
Cruisin'

how bout the fact that there is only one(1) key hole, just on the drivers side. There is no key hole on the passenger side or in the rear for the trunk. [but who uses the key hole anyways.. i mean since most of the people on this forum use the remotes anyways]
Old 08-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Instructor

i love the quarter-sized hole in the center console for threading the audio-in through while keeping your mp3 player outside to chance tracks..
Old 08-03-2006, 01:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Ishakir
Press and hold unlock button on the remote is AWESOME on ultra hot days (like right now) - opens allll the windows before you get in. There is, however, now way to close the windows with the remote - although you could do it by turning the key twice to the left from the driver's side lock.

My ONLY gripe has already been stated, wish there was a way to turn the radio on and off from the steering wheel controls.
if you have an 06...you can press Mode until it goes on Aux....that turns the sound off if your mp3 player isn't on....
Old 08-03-2006, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by emptysky
I have yet to discover that.. now i want to go try it
oh you are missing out!
Old 08-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
I like the subtle things that are different from my other crap...I mean car ('00 Grand Am AT)

I love that it's a MT
The interior blue LED lighting (and xenon headlights)
The aluminum door sills
That the radio comes on low and gradually gets to the volume it was before the car was turned off
Oh so many more things

I LOVE the wheels on my '06
Old 08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I appreciate that whenever I go to websites that make me select my car, Acura is almost always the first make listed!
Old 08-03-2006, 03:54 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by tsxGoldenBear
I thought the wipers had a cool feature such that if you're on intermittent and turn it all the way up, the wipers go the same speed as the low setting when driving, but when you stop they slow down to intermittent since you aren't moving.
When you're stopped, the go to "really long delay mode", and when you release the brake pedal, they swipe once immediately.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by cmschmie
I like the subtle things that are different from my other crap...I mean car ('00 Grand Am AT)

I love that it's a MT
The interior blue LED lighting (and xenon headlights)
The aluminum door sills
That the radio comes on low and gradually gets to the volume it was before the car was turned off
Oh so many more things

I LOVE the wheels on my '06
LOL I also upgraded from a Grand Am, although it was a '99. I agree with you completely...
Old 08-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Ishakir
Press and hold unlock button on the remote is AWESOME on ultra hot days (like right now) - opens allll the windows before you get in. There is, however, now way to close the windows with the remote - although you could do it by turning the key twice to the left from the driver's side lock.

My ONLY gripe has already been stated, wish there was a way to turn the radio on and off from the steering wheel controls.
What if you press the handfree button on your steering wheel? It mutes the radio.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:57 PM
6th Gear

I like those pillows that automatically deploy when you fall asleep on the wheel and park the car hard against an immovable object.

...I'm sure the designers had that in mind when they gave the passengers an "Oh Shit" handle

Seriously, I love the lighting on the console...easy on the eyes at night when you change views to and from the road. Not having those flimsy drink container that pop out but break from the weight of a venti mocha.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
not sure if its been mentioned but since we're talking about the "little" things...like many of you have said...there's so many...one of my fav's... the sliding arm rest on the center console...
it wasn't a huge deal to me until today...i had my car serviced and they ran out of loaner cars...long story short...they got me a corolla from hertz...anywho...while i was driving..i kept wanting to slide that part out...it felt uncomfortable without that...so yeah...it's a perfect example of how nice & how much you can miss those little things when you get into a different car...i had a huge smile on my face when i sat in it after picking it up... "ahhhhh those little things" i love my car!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Racer

Does the memory seat adjusts the rear view minior?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
Racer

Does the memory seat adjusts the rear view mirror as well other than side mirror and seat?
Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cheepung
Does the memory seat adjusts the rear view mirror as well other than side mirror and seat?
It doesn't even do the side mirrors.....

But I love how the navi screen changes color when you are in "night" mode. If only they have DRL then that would be awesome.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:16 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by drigo
not sure if its been mentioned but since we're talking about the "little" things...like many of you have said...there's so many...one of my fav's... the sliding arm rest on the center console...
it wasn't a huge deal to me until today...i had my car serviced and they ran out of loaner cars...long story short...they got me a corolla from hertz...anywho...while i was driving..i kept wanting to slide that part out...it felt uncomfortable without that...so yeah...it's a perfect example of how nice & how much you can miss those little things when you get into a different car...i had a huge smile on my face when i sat in it after picking it up... "ahhhhh those little things" i love my car!!!
OMG, I've had the 06 for almost a month now and i JUST realized after reading your post and then promptly going outside to check that the center armrest slides out!!!! what's funny was i was just thinking earlier today if would be great if the armrest was a little bit more forward so i could rest my arm there hahahahaha....THANKS!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by tlbkcal
OMG, I've had the 06 for almost a month now and i JUST realized after reading your post and then promptly going outside to check that the center armrest slides out!!!! what's funny was i was just thinking earlier today if would be great if the armrest was a little bit more forward so i could rest my arm there hahahahaha....THANKS!!!
awesome...
Old 08-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
It doesn't even do the side mirrors.....

But I love how the navi screen changes color when you are in "night" mode. If only they have DRL then that would be awesome.
Oh, it only does the seat. That's suck. Saw the new maxima will do side mirror, seat and wheel, just not sure the rear view mirror. Actually, can any car does the rear view mirror as well?
Old 08-05-2006, 09:10 AM
6th Gear

my favorite is the lovely blue lighting at night on the gauges and interior.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Kdog

Location: Columbus, one more year here, about to graduate from Ohio State
those handles are in almost every GM, ford, merc cars that I've ever seen
Old 08-06-2006, 01:41 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I love the sound of my CAI/header/cat under part throttle. It has a low grumble without being loud and, with the windows down on a 60-deg evening, it makes me happy. It's not an original feature, I know, but I like it nonetheless.

I, too, have a habit of pulling on the center armrest in other cars. I do it in my wife's Volvo all the time.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Automated rear view mirror

Originally Posted by cheepung
Oh, it only does the seat. That's suck. Saw the new maxima will do side mirror, seat and wheel, just not sure the rear view mirror. Actually, can any car does the rear view mirror as well?
No cars that I know of can do the rear view mirrrors. However, I did a senior project (I majored in mechanical engineering) for BMW a couple years ago back when I was still at Cal Berkeley, where my group came up with a servo-driven design that not only controls the mirrors with a joystick (like the side-mirrors) but can also memorize and recall mirror positions. Along with our design, there were also 2 other designs made by another group. Our BMW mentor person, who works for their design dept. out near Palo Alto, CA took these designs back to HQ in Munich last that I know. So I expect BMW to be coming up w/ a fully automated package including rear-view mirrors pretty soon....

The reason it's been taking car companies so long to come up with rear view mirror designs are safety and feasibility concerns because an automated mirror adds a lot of weight...
Old 08-31-2006, 05:30 PM
Tormented by mod choices

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the integrated pen holder and card/work badge holder in the underside of the center console lid.

Open up the top section of your center console and look under the lid. There's a two-pronged plastic protrusion for holding a pen (or other similarly skinny and long object), and two integrated plastic slots for holding a few credit-card sized cards. Perfect place to put all those extra membership cards that you don't need often, but always forget them at home when you need them and don't want to store them in your wallet. It also holds my office security badge perfectly! I thought it was a really thoughtful touch for eliminating clutter.

I have an '06 TSX but it's also on the '06 Accord...I assume it was there in earlier models as well?
Old 08-31-2006, 08:47 PM
Instructor

I put my insurance card in that slot, it fits perfectly and beats putting it in the big glove compartment.

I'd like to contribute by saying how you can view your instant mpg or average mpg in cruise control by pressing the info button. it just drops down to the second slot on the dash.

It also works for handsfree calling too, but it automatically revert back to the hands-free image after 5 seconds or so.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by steeveage
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the integrated pen holder and card/work badge holder in the underside of the center console lid.
Actually, there are two of those pen holders, one under each tray. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a pen that fits well into those things. They should have made them more accomodating, maybe with more flexible arms or something. I'm afraid to push pens into them for fear of breaking them, they're so hard to spread. The pens I've tried that were actually small enough to fit were so loose that they clattered, and eventually slid out and fell to the bottom of the bin.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
Actually, there are two of those pen holders, one under each tray. Unfortunately, I have yet to find a pen that fits well into those things. They should have made them more accomodating, maybe with more flexible arms or something. I'm afraid to push pens into them for fear of breaking them, they're so hard to spread. The pens I've tried that were actually small enough to fit were so loose that they clattered, and eventually slid out and fell to the bottom of the bin.
The bottom one, while can be used as a penholder (or any other thin, cylindrical object holder) is most likey more often used as a wire guide for a cell phone charger cord connected to the power source in the lower compartment.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Elephantman_nosefacehead
I just noticed that there is a driver exiting handle that none of my other cars ever had, most only have it on the passenger side. I just thought that was a nice little touch. What thing, ,maybe most people wouldn't notice, that makes you appreciate the car even more...
Same here. None of my previous cars had the driver-side hanging-strap. I don't know why or how a driver would use it.

Perhaps they decided for efficiency's sake to provide both left- and right-side hanging-straps to eliminate one manufacturing change needed for left-hook and right-hook automobile production?

(Left-hook is left hand drive. Right-hook is right hand drive.)

Just a guess.
Old 09-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Time to Climb

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
i always liked the simple blue led coming from the dome light/home link system ... nice touch.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:44 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
The bottom one, while can be used as a penholder (or any other thin, cylindrical object holder) is most likey more often used as a wire guide for a cell phone charger cord connected to the power source in the lower compartment.
I use the bottom one for a wire guide. I thought that was a nice touch after I found it. Before, evertime I'd open the bottom, my cell charger cord would fall through. Now it works pretty well.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:45 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Which handle are you referring to?
i believe it's the "oh shit" handle
Old 09-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
my : the grip handle on the inside of the trunk for closing it is nice, had similar thing on the BMW, really useful for avoiding fingerprints over the trunk lid.
grip handle? i havent noticed this. will have to look tonight.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Dela-where-ean

Something I've noticed with the TSX is that the automatic's shifting is smart! When I drive sedately and normal, the car shifts smoothly and right on time. When I do decide to "get on it" and drive more aggressively, the car holds the lower gear longer, giving me easy access to the more power that the higher RPMs offer.

I would use the SportShift more often but I scared myself shitless the other morning. Took off from a light and a car pulled out in front of me. I went to upshift and pulled back on the stick instead of pushing up. Went around the car and the rev limiter hit and bounced probably 6 or 7 times before my brain registered the need to push up, not pull back. 4 years of driving my Integra GS-R ingrained into me the movement of pulling back to shift into second. Now I understand why other cars have upshift as pulling back >_<.
Old 09-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Intermediate

I agree with you on the SportShift positions. I've done that too; shifted down when I meant to shift up. My one little thing that I didn't see mentioned is the gas cap holder. I also like the blue light shining down on the shifter, the MID, and the fact the car welcomes me back when I get into it. Now if I can only get it to not read "Welcome Driver 1" but instead read "Welcome Big Daddy!"
Old 09-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Advanced

This is really a little thing but I like the way the windshield washer squirters are "hidden". Every other car that I've owned has had two little black "pods" on the hood that you have to wash and wax around and they sometimes leave little puddles of washer fluid on the hood. Plus, it just looks better without 'em.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:17 PM
TSX Addict

Originally Posted by Montag
This is really a little thing but I like the way the windshield washer squirters are "hidden". Every other car that I've owned has had two little black "pods" on the hood that you have to wash and wax around and they sometimes leave little puddles of washer fluid on the hood. Plus, it just looks better without 'em.
Old 09-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Nikonian

The value you get for the price

On a more serious note, I love the feel of the OEM MT shift knob.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:09 AM
Instructor

There's a coat hanger on the left side backseat that folds up. Don't ask me WHY or HOW I found that...
Old 09-25-2006, 01:56 AM
Burning Brakes

I love the emergency trunk release INSIDE THE TRUNK. If you get locked in, you can get yourself out

Quick Reply: It's the little things