It's the little things

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those that have the navigation never have to reset their clocks for daylight savings....cool!!
Old 04-03-2005, 11:16 PM
Mmmm... tasty.

Originally Posted by Elephantman_nosefacehead
Those that have the navigation never have to reset their clocks for daylight savings....cool!!
Just noticed that today, too... Sweet! For some reason, though, I completely missed that last fall. Hehe.
Old 04-03-2005, 11:58 PM
Top notch 6MT

auto-dehumidify

Have another nice little feature to report on

The climate control system is smart enough to dehumidify the cabin to avoid windshield and windows fogging up. I guess it automatically turns on the AC for several seconds to achieve that.

This is really evident and very useful when the car has been under soaking rain, fogging up would always happen in other cars unless I manually turn on the AC. I had auto-climate control in my old BMW as well, but it never did this auto-dehumidify thing (I've also used it in auto mode as much as I am now in the TSX).

to Acura on this one
Old 04-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Racer

If you leave the parking brake not only do you get a flashing icon on the dash you also get a beep beep sound to alert you.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:15 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Oh OH oh!! I got a good one... don't know if this has been addressed before but my passengers tell me its true.

If the passenger leaves the heated seat on and gets up it turns itself off (the light stays on but the seat doesn't heat anymore) I thought that was a pretty cool feature to think of so you don't burn out the seat heater.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Elephantman_nosefacehead
just wish it had a mute on the steering wheels too...ok I will save my gripes for its the little peeves thread

Also agree on starting a new thread for little pet peeves...

While at it, one of my peeves is the fact that the voice direction volume (for the navigation) is not in sync with the regular radio/CD volume. They are independent.

So when I first got the TSX, I played around with the navigation setting, while playing some loud music, then I thought, hmmm I can barely hear the voice direction so I adjusted the volume accordingly. At first I didn't know the voice direction and the CD/radio volumes were independent.
One time, while driving during lunch time, I got a page from work to join in a conference call at work, so I turned down the CD volume then I called in the conference on my cell (using BT headset of course).

Midway during the conference meeting, there was a really loud woman voice coming from inside the car:
"TAKE THE NEXT RIGHT IN HALF OF MILE!!!!".
I panicked, I scrambled for a mute button there's no such thing for voice direction.... Imagine how embarassed I was during that meeting. Anyways...
Old 04-25-2005, 03:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Though its not new on cars, I love the sunglass holder. I didn't have that on my 1998 Integra so its very convenient for me.

I can see why you like the sunglass holder judging by your avatar..
Old 04-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Intermediate

I tried to hang my drycleaning their but figured it wasnt to smart you know obstruction & all............HA !
Old 04-25-2005, 04:10 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by thS777
Midway during the conference meeting, there was a really loud woman voice coming from inside the car:
"TAKE THE NEXT RIGHT IN HALF OF MILE!!!!".
I panicked, I scrambled for a mute button there's no such thing for voice direction.... Imagine how embarassed I was during that meeting. Anyways...

Imagine if that was your wife or g/f on the other end.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:16 PM
Arctic Blue Pearl

Im a big fan of the Side View mirror blinkers... Not new to cars, but new to acura stock cars, mostly previously on german cars. This is a nice touch i think.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Since my windows aren't tinted yet I can appreciate the dimming rear view mirror for now.

I love all the perks! Especially the sunglass holder, armrest, hole & plug in armrest, "Not an Ashtray," steering wheel controls, voice activation, Navi, Little blue light at night(what's that for anyway?), moon roof, pwr seats........etc. I love it all!
Old 04-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Respect My Authoritah

Originally Posted by CJams
Since my windows aren't tinted yet I can appreciate the dimming rear view mirror for now.

I love all the perks! Especially the sunglass holder, armrest, hole & plug in armrest, "Not an Ashtray," steering wheel controls, voice activation, Navi, Little blue light at night(what's that for anyway?), moon roof, pwr seats........etc. I love it all!
Next time you're in your car at night cover and uncover that little blue light with your finger while looking at your center console/gear shift area. You'll quickly see what it's for. (Caution--don't try this at speeds over 70mph).
Old 04-27-2005, 01:02 PM
10th Gear

Little Things

Grab handle for driver - remember the TSX is made in both LH and RH configurations. It's probably cheaper/easier during manufacturing to install both.

Outside Trunk Release - all Euro cars seem to have this and since the TSX is really the Euro Accord, it's standard there. Again, cheaper to leave it than to modify for the US market.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Guinea Pig

Originally Posted by catbarf
Next time you're in your car at night cover and uncover that little blue light with your finger while looking at your center console/gear shift area. You'll quickly see what it's for. (Caution--don't try this at speeds over 70mph).
I tried it and nothing happened...so what is suppose to happen?
Old 05-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by CJams
I tried it and nothing happened...so what is suppose to happen?
It's supposed to activate the hidden turbo charger on the engine. Yours must be defective
Old 05-05-2005, 05:55 PM
Guinea Pig

I hope its covered under warranty......
Old 05-06-2005, 03:58 PM
Instructor

Happy to hear some good things and small touches about the car that make it a great drive. With all of the bashing that goes on all the time this kinda talk makes me want one even more. Getting ready to say good bye to my RSX-S.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:00 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Most car forums spend a majority of the time discussing the negatives, and not enough time pointing out the positives.

With the TSX the negatives are so minor that they are rarely discussed, so more time is spent discussing the good qualitites here at Acurazine
Old 05-06-2005, 05:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Oh OH oh!! I got a good one... don't know if this has been addressed before but my passengers tell me its true.

If the passenger leaves the heated seat on and gets up it turns itself off (the light stays on but the seat doesn't heat anymore) I thought that was a pretty cool feature to think of so you don't burn out the seat heater.
this is VERY nice. prolongs the life of the seat heaters.
Old 05-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by robr2
Grab handle for driver - remember the TSX is made in both LH and RH configurations. It's probably cheaper/easier during manufacturing to install both.

Outside Trunk Release - all Euro cars seem to have this and since the TSX is really the Euro Accord, it's standard there. Again, cheaper to leave it than to modify for the US market.
Lol, That's not an "oh shit handle".
That's a handle to help you get in and out of the car if you need it. That's why there's one on both sides.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:26 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jwb998
Thought of yet another thing, I love the fact that you can set the trip computer to reset with fill up! I use to set the trip meter every time I got gas, no more! I also like the navi will go from day to night when the gauges are turned up with the headlights on (and navi on auto).
I like the fact that the trip meter doesn't reset until you pull away from the gas pump. It gives me time to calculate my fuel economy. (I've only filled up once so far, so I hope this is actually how it works and wasn't some sort of fluke ). I was expecting it to reset as soon as a started the car again, so I was pleasently surprissed.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:33 PM
Instructor

From https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32648

The location of the moonroof controls- finally a car company understands the needs of people with a superfluous hand extending from their left knee!
I actually have a friend with a disability where he has limited range of motion in his arms and legs (it's a muscular disease he was born with, I forget the name). He can't easily open the sunroof in his car because the switch is on the ceiling and he can't reach that high while driving. I let him drive my TSX and he could reach the sunroof button just fine. I'm sure Acura didn't put the sunroof button in an odd place for the handicapped, but it is a nice touch none-the-less, at least for my friend.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by derbaff
I like the fact that the trip meter doesn't reset until you pull away from the gas pump. It gives me time to calculate my fuel economy. (I've only filled up once so far, so I hope this is actually how it works and wasn't some sort of fluke ). I was expecting it to reset as soon as a started the car again, so I was pleasently surprissed.

i love that, if i forget to check my mileage before i get out i can always do it when i get back in...
Old 08-01-2006, 12:07 AM
AlwysCleanURArely c ASpec

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
I love the two lighter adapters one for a cellphone and the ither for my laptop.
Although does anyone have a problem to place their cell phone , my phone is speaker, yet I need it to be relatively close.
A good solution for this depending on the size of your cell phone is to put it/wedge it in the sun visor which has a band around it. I have the motorola Q, a slim phone, and its blue tooth but i still put it there. Defintley get a bluetooth phone and that speaker will pretty much become obsolete.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:13 AM
Intermediate

Manipulation of the turn signal... so smooth
Old 08-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Race Director

whatever happened to elephantman nosefacehead?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:52 AM
mrgold35

Received 1,521 Likes on 1,186 Posts
The Navi system is my favorite. Placing gas station and/or ATM icons on Navi Screen is helpful, especially traveling out of town.

Memory seats linked to key fob, must have because I’m 6’3” and my wife is 4’11”. It would be nice to link the memory button to the side mirrors also.

Aerodynamic low profile windshield wipers are great; they almost disappear when not in use.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I love everything about this car but one of my very favorite features of it are the Tell Tale blinker signals on the side mirrors.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:28 AM
10th Gear

The initial smell of the leather when i get in the car
The mp3 jack
the keyless remote entry (first time i've that!)
fog lights
the plugs to charge your phone (the one in my civic never worked)
heated seats
6 disc in dash changer
audio controls on the steering wheel

I'm sure there are more, but i'll stop here. This is my first "real car" before i had an 83 bmw 320i and a 97 civic.. so this is a major major upgrade for me!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:39 AM
6MT or Death

I love the fact that after almost a year of owning my car I still get a chub when I look at her in the rain or at night.

When I bought the car and drove it home I called a friend who had a TSX and said "how long am I going to be this excited and happy to own this car?" He said it started to wear off for him after about a year and a half, but still at least once a month he gets in the car and can't help but smile.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:44 AM
Drifting

^^ ya, i love how you can see the side view mirror blinkers signalling from behind the car... !!
Old 08-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by emptysky
the keyless remote entry (first time i've that!)
It's the first time I've had that also. I can add power windows to that list too. It's very sad that in 2006 I still had to use my arms to roll down the windows, how 1990 .

But really, I discovered today that the radio keeps the volume for hte Aux plug seperate from the rest of the sources. Now I dodn't get blown away if I forget the turn the radio down when switching from my MP3 player to a CD. Nice touch. Though I wish it kept seperate Bass/Treble settings for each source also. I love XM, but the sound quality is horrible and way to bassy when compared to CDs. I'm always adjusting the bass and treble.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by jlukja
I like the way the center armrest slides forward. It makes it convenient to rest more of your arm instead of just your elbow on long drives.
DEF with you on that! i love the sliding center armrest, so much more comfortable resting your arm on it while still having your hand right on the shifter
Old 08-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Benchwarmer

A few things about the navi: It's nice to move the joystick over a green area to see what golf course it is or a park, hospital, etc. I like how the state borders are included on the screen, and you can actually see the clock adjust for time zones as you cross state lines. The blue dashed line is nice for "unverified areas" too, like a homing beam of sorts.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by sonnyg80
DEF with you on that! i love the sliding center armrest, so much more comfortable resting your arm on it while still having your hand right on the shifter

I have yet to discover that.. now i want to go try it
Old 08-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Racer

Press and hold unlock button on the remote is AWESOME on ultra hot days (like right now) - opens allll the windows before you get in. There is, however, now way to close the windows with the remote - although you could do it by turning the key twice to the left from the driver's side lock.

My ONLY gripe has already been stated, wish there was a way to turn the radio on and off from the steering wheel controls.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:49 PM
Advanced

I love the sport seats

shaped just right for comfort and to hold you in...I jacked my dad's A6 today and took it to work, and while I loved having the torque of a turbo engine again, i was missing my sport seats ;-)
Old 08-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by sauceman
It's the "oh shit" handle!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by IlliNorge
A few things about the navi: It's nice to move the joystick over a green area to see what golf course it is or a park, hospital, etc. I like how the state borders are included on the screen, and you can actually see the clock adjust for time zones as you cross state lines.
No kidding. This is cool. I got to try that when my car comes in.
Old 08-02-2006, 05:44 PM
tsx n00b

I thought the wipers had a cool feature such that if you're on intermittent and turn it all the way up, the wipers go the same speed as the low setting when driving, but when you stop they slow down to intermittent since you aren't moving.

Quick Reply: It's the little things