Its getting closer...can you feel it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its getting closer...can you feel it?

So this week has been somewhat rough for me. Work has been boring slow, I got a $160 speeding ticket a few days ago and now I realized that I have no clue where my license is (last I remember that po po took it from me...bastard, LOL.) Well, I thought this week was not going to get better. The OEM Kit that I purchased was supposed to get in yesterday but never showed up, so you can only imagine what was going on in my head since my luck this week has been horrible. It all changed late this afternoon. I decide to call my dealer to see if I could get an update on my car. He checks with his manager and finds out that it could be in ANY DAY NOW! I seriously was thinking that it was going to get in at the end of March, even April! So I was pretty damn psyched! Things got even better when I got home. I came home to find 3 HUGE boxes! Yep, my OEM Kit was delivered and is ready to be installed whenever I get my car. Man has my week turn a big 180. Hopefully I'll get my car and I'll be able to finally post in the "Owners thread" and then post some pics.

I hope this wasn't too long for you folks to read, sorry to bore you with my excitement!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:01 PM
TSXREEFER

Saw the title and i knew

I saw the title of this tread on the TSX home page and I knew it was you!
So if your luck is so hot, did you find your license?
BTW, my ride showed up two weeks early.
Have Fun.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by TSXReefer
I saw the title of this tread on the TSX home page and I knew it was you!
So if your luck is so hot, did you find your license?
BTW, my ride showed up two weeks early.
Have Fun.
Yeah, I am one post whore, but work has been SOOOOOOO SLOW and I'm just really eager to get the TSX.

My luck is definitely not so hot, but fuck my license. I'll just get another one.
Old 02-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
So this week has been somewhat rough for me. Work has been boring slow, I got a $160 speeding ticket a few days ago and now I realized that I have no clue where my license is (last I remember that po po took it from me...bastard, LOL.) Well, I thought this week was not going to get better. The OEM Kit that I purchased was supposed to get in yesterday but never showed up, so you can only imagine what was going on in my head since my luck this week has been horrible. It all changed late this afternoon. I decide to call my dealer to see if I could get an update on my car. He checks with his manager and finds out that it could be in ANY DAY NOW! I seriously was thinking that it was going to get in at the end of March, even April! So I was pretty damn psyched! Things got even better when I got home. I came home to find 3 HUGE boxes! Yep, my OEM Kit was delivered and is ready to be installed whenever I get my car. Man has my week turn a big 180. Hopefully I'll get my car and I'll be able to finally post in the "Owners thread" and then post some pics.

I hope this wasn't too long for you folks to read, sorry to bore you with my excitement!
patience always pays off my friend...congrats..cant wait to finally see your car..its been a long wait...but im sure it was worth it....
Old 02-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Instructor

$160 ticket? Give us the details.
This week my wife received a $142 ticket for 56 in a 35 zone. Plus, we have to pay triple ($426) plus $10 court cost to 'amend' the ticket to a non-moving violation.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Racer

Glad your week turned around. What color TSX are you getting? How much was the OEM Kit?
Old 02-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Drifting

goddamn massholes....

glad to hear the upside. you're going to over the kit even though you don't have the car yet. i remember counting the days before i could put the kit on.
Old 02-24-2005, 10:59 PM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

Hey sorry about the ticket, but glad to hear some good news...I haven't been around since my company blocked this forum...sucks don't know what to do anymore...lol
Old 02-25-2005, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by PaulKCK
$160 ticket? Give us the details.
This week my wife received a $142 ticket for 56 in a 35 zone. Plus, we have to pay triple ($426) plus $10 court cost to 'amend' the ticket to a non-moving violation.
Freakin' Ticket...the cop says that I was going 46 in a 30 zone (NO WAY). He put down radar and estimated as the ways he clocked me. I am pretty aware of my speed and though I wasn't going the speed limit, I sure was not going close to 50. I remember looking down at my odometer when he passed me and it was at 40. I was also just starting to go down a steep downhill, which is why it sped up to 40 and RIGHT when he passed me so he nailed me right when I was about to slow down. I was really pissed about it, so I'm going to appeal and see if I can at least get it lowered.

BonzoAPD - I'm getting the NBP w/ Ebony Interior. I got the OEM Kit for $825 shipped

sleeper - Masshole that I am Well, I opened up the boxes just to make sure that it was the right color, but I haven't been able to inspect the entire thing yet. I'll most likely install it at the end of March/early April even if I do get my TSX sooner than that. Snow in the northeast is a drag.

vietazntsx - They blocked it! I wouldn't be surprised if my company blocked it as well. Did they specifically block it because of you? LOL. I know if they blocked it here, it would be because of me

btw. so I just copied my citation and left the copier since it needed to warm up. I figured I'd go back there later to pick up the copy, but my boss walks over and says, "I think you left this on the printer". Perfect, so that looks great to my supervisor, LOL
Old 02-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

bong, sorry about your ticket.

there's no reason the dealer can't give you dates. They should know exactly where it is based on vin.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:25 AM
GSI
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I finally broke down and bought a Valentine 1 last week which was well worth the money. I got a ticket 3 years ($400.00)ago that would have paid for this detector down to the dollar. I was going 82 in a 55. My insurance went up an extra $70 a month which totally sucked since this was the only ticket that I have ever had and my wife is ticket and accident free.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bigwilliestyle
bong, sorry about your ticket.

there's no reason the dealer can't give you dates. They should know exactly where it is based on vin.
Thanks man, I really hope the judge isn't an ass. I really do consciously control my speed and this incident was just bad luck and timing.

Well, he said the estimated date was February 26th, but it could be any day around then. I'm not in a rush to get it, so if its a little late, I'm cool with. Like I said, I was expecting to get the car in mid to end of March.

You coming to the meet in May? I hope to have some mods done by then.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by gsi00154
I finally broke down and bought a Valentine 1 last week which was well worth the money. I got a ticket 3 years ($400.00)ago that would have paid for this detector down to the dollar. I was going 82 in a 55. My insurance went up an extra $70 a month which totally sucked since this was the only ticket that I have ever had and my wife is ticket and accident free.
I have a radar/laser detector and he turned on his radar right when he passed me, which coincidentally right when I was starting the downhill into a slight turn. My detector caught him right when he turned it on, so nothing could of saved me from it. Ah well, I know I was at fault for going over 30, but sometimes they should be lenient about things like that. I just started to go over the limit because of going downhill and never gave me a chance to slow down. He even said that he catches everyone at that point. They should give some time for people to slow down since the downhill catches you off guard sometimes.

Well, back on topic, I can't wait for my car! ANY DAY NOW! LOL
Old 02-25-2005, 08:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear about the ticket but glad to hear the week turned out better for you virtualbong. you're going to enjoy your new tsx as well installing the oem kit. i know i did
Old 02-25-2005, 09:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I'm planning on it. I'm not going crazy with mods, but hope to have tints, rear sway, and front tie by then. Maybe a-spec over the summer.

What I mean with the dealer is, they should know the car's general location. If it's suppose to be delivered tomorrow, then it should be on the truck today for arrival. I think most of them get dropped off in Westboro first, then trucked to all the different dealerships in the area (as least for eastern Mass).

But depends on how much you want to bug them. It's tough to give exact dates, but if they know the general location (such as if it's on the train from the west coast), then you get a decent idea. It'll arrive soon enough.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by bigwilliestyle
Yeah, I'm planning on it. I'm not going crazy with mods, but hope to have tints, rear sway, and front tie by then. Maybe a-spec over the summer.

What I mean with the dealer is, they should know the car's general location. If it's suppose to be delivered tomorrow, then it should be on the truck today for arrival. I think most of them get dropped off in Westboro first, then trucked to all the different dealerships in the area (as least for eastern Mass).

But depends on how much you want to bug them. It's tough to give exact dates, but if they know the general location (such as if it's on the train from the west coast), then you get a decent idea. It'll arrive soon enough.
I'll probably give him a call next week if I don't hear from him to get the approximate location. I'm definitely not in a rush to get it, but I am starting to get somewhat anxious to bring it home since I have the OEM Kit now. Then comes suspension
Old 02-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, I am one post whore, but work has been SOOOOOOO SLOW and I'm just really eager to get the TSX.

My luck is definitely not so hot, but fuck my license. I'll just get another one.
Sorry about the ticket man. I would get a radar detector. It's especially good if you do a lot of freeway driving. It will pay for itself over time

If you get another license, just make sure to try and wear the same glasses you have in your avatar

Hope you get your car early. It's always great when things come before they are suppose to, that barely ever happens. You'll have your ride soon and you already got the body kit! Mine is still in the garage. Damn the boxes are huge for that thing!
Old 02-25-2005, 12:23 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just read the post up there...what kinda radar detector do you have?

Sounds like he hit you with instant on, you're right can't really do shiet about that.

What band was he on K, Ka, or X?
Old 02-25-2005, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tsx536
Just read the post up there...what kinda radar detector do you have?

Sounds like he hit you with instant on, you're right can't really do shiet about that.

What band was he on K, Ka, or X?
I have this low budget Uniden one. It was my parent's but they never used it so they gave it to me. Its been pretty good, but like I said earlier, he nailed me with that instant on crap. But the ticket does say that he took it with radar and estimated. Don't know what that means since how can you have the speed be caught with a radar, but also check off that you estimated??? That's my main argument and that I never had a chance to slow down since I was just starting a downhill that caught me off guard. I also honestly have been working on controlling my speed, so hopefully they'll see that I'm not a reckless driver and at least lower the ticket.

I'm not sure what band. I think K or Ka. It happened so quickly.

One more thing, those boxes were seriously HUGE! LOL
Old 02-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Advanced

Hey Bong, do you know the build date of your car? Mine's on the build sheet for March 7 (a Monday ) and I want to see how many days it takes between your build and delivery date.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:17 PM
Instructor

I just purchased the OEM kit also from a Dearlership in New York for the same price. $3.95 Shipping. My final 2 pieces arrived today.

Can't wait to put them on !!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2005, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by indydriver
Hey Bong, do you know the build date of your car? Mine's on the build sheet for March 7 (a Monday ) and I want to see how many days it takes between your build and delivery date.
My build date supposedly was January 18th (it was preordered to be dealer stock), but just take note that I haven't received it yet.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BallsOfSteel
I just purchased the OEM kit also from a Dearlership in New York for the same price. $3.95 Shipping. My final 2 pieces arrived today.

Can't wait to put them on !!!!!!!
wow that's cheap shipping
Old 02-25-2005, 06:27 PM
Advanced

My build date supposedly was January 18th (it was preordered to be dealer stock), but just take note that I haven't received it yet.
My dealer is saying, "about 30 days to deliver after its built". Yours is already 37 days.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by indydriver
My dealer is saying, "about 30 days to deliver after its built". Yours is already 37 days.
Exactly. So I just told myself mid to late March. If it comes in before that, awesome. This way I won't get my hopes up if it doesn't come in right away.
Old 02-25-2005, 07:42 PM
Banned

hope that boat doesn't hit a typhoon or sandbar or something
Old 02-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Race Director

awesome!
Old 02-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Drives With Hands

WOOT! Looking forward to seeing pics of your new whip.

Hey, I just put my Icebox CAI and Fujitsubo catback in this evening. I need to get a thread posted about them, but I'll let you know when I'm in the area so you can check them out.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:10 AM
TSXREEFER

My ride was ordered ~9/30 built on 10/22 (waiting for '05 production), arrived at the dealer on 11/24 and was delivered in Michigan on Saturday 11/27/04. So about 35 days after build date.
Old 02-26-2005, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by rmpage
WOOT! Looking forward to seeing pics of your new whip.

Hey, I just put my Icebox CAI and Fujitsubo catback in this evening. I need to get a thread posted about them, but I'll let you know when I'm in the area so you can check them out.
Awesome! How do you like the new mods? I don't even mind driving out there some weekend afternoon to check it out. Just let me know!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Drives With Hands

Awesome! How do you like the new mods? I don't even mind driving out there some weekend afternoon to check it out. Just let me know!
I'm liking them a lot. The exhaust isn't loud at all, which is what I wanted. It's nice and subtle. On the highway you can't hear it unless you're accelerating, and it's silent on the inside at the normal cruising RPM of 1.5-3k. On the outside, the tone is nice and low but it doesn't sound like muffled pop corn like the Comptech does (best way I can describe my impression of it). It has a more hollow throaty sound to it, like my old Edelbrock true-dual catback I had on the V8 in my truck did, though of course not nearly as heavy. The craftsmanship is superb too. A couple friends helped me put it in (the guy with the garage and lift) and they were impressed. Heavy gauge stainless all around, and the welds are surprisingly thickened. I was starting to wonder if spending $900 on a catback was a good idea or not, but my decision has been subsequently vindicated.

The Icebox isn't loud either, like a lot of intakes can be, but it too is audible. It's a lower more muffled sound, which I personally like on the TSX as it better suits the luxury leaning. Despite being lower and a bit less raspy, the engine still gives a satisfying raw breathing sound when you stomp it.

As for the performance gain, it is definitely noticeable. When I'm turning onto the highway and give it WOT the revs spin a lot faster to redline after about 3500, and of course it feels satisfying. Biggest torque improvement seems to be from about 3000-5500. I really can't tell after that. The intake dominates the sound below 4500 or so, while the exhaust takes over up higher. Neither are so loud that you can't hear the VTEC switchover though.

Next up for me is a Comptech header that I'll probably have ceramic-coated, Hondata heatshield gasket, and a Magnaflow cat. If you want to come by and check these out, by all means let me know whenever.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:18 AM

Great news! My car is in! The only problem is that I won't be able to take a look at it and finalize everything until later this week. I don't have time tonight and we're getting a snow storm tonight thru tomorrow so that kinda nils out tomorrow. I'm hoping that Wednesday will be nice enough to go there and check out the car. I want them to wash and clean everything before I inspect the car and take delivery. Then I'll be installing the OEM Kit this weekend most likely
Old 02-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Racer

Great news! My car is in! The only problem is that I won't be able to take a look at it and finalize everything until later this week. I don't have time tonight and we're getting a snow storm tonight thru tomorrow so that kinda nils out tomorrow. I'm hoping that Wednesday will be nice enough to go there and check out the car. I want them to wash and clean everything before I inspect the car and take delivery. Then I'll be installing the OEM Kit this weekend most likely

wow that was quick.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Advanced

good luck w/ your new car! better to wait until after the snow storm. you should have at least few nice days to drive the new baby before it is covered with salt
Old 02-28-2005, 05:11 PM

Well, I just got back from finalizing everything. I told them that I was ready to take delivery but they said that they couldn't give it to me yet because it wasn't ready to go out. I was like, crap, how am I supposed to go home? I then told them that I wasn't going to finalize everything if I wasn't going to bring home the car tonight, so they freaked out and asked me what it would take to finalize everything today instead of tomorrow (keep in mind its month end), I told them that I would need a loaner car since I was putting a $9000 down payment. They were hesitant at first, but ended up giving me a loaner. Can you guess what I got? LOL, I got a 2005 TL w/ navigation! The car is a boat! I loved the interior and exterior, but its wayyyyyy too big. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have the car, but it would take some time to get used to it.

Well, I just wanted to let you know its very, very close now. I'll be picking it up tomorrow after work. I know I'll have to drive it thru snow, but I'll hand wash it when I bring it home.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Pro

Wow.. Congrats VB... hopefully you will be driving away in your new TSX soon.. That is awesome that you got a 05 TL Navi loaner.. try not to get too used to the power. I had a 04 TL non navi loaner over the weekend. It has a lot of power but the handling was not as good. Let us know what your thoughts are of your new TSX and how it compares to your loaner.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by NJTSXMan
Wow.. Congrats VB... hopefully you will be driving away in your new TSX soon.. That is awesome that you got a 05 TL Navi loaner.. try not to get too used to the power. I had a 04 TL non navi loaner over the weekend. It has a lot of power but the handling was not as good. Let us know what your thoughts are of your new TSX and how it compares to your loaner.
I won't be able to do any spirited driving since I only have it until tomorrow night and there's a snow storm coming tonight, but from what I got today driving it home. Its HUGE! I really didn't feel comfortable taking turns too aggressively, but the power was noticeable compared to my 2 test drives of the TSX. The TL is definitely a car when I have a family, not when I'm single. I'll post a new thread this weekend before and after I install my OEM Kit! Time to order the Eibach Pro-System Kit!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Instructor

Hey virtualbong, i'm kind of a n00b on the boards, but i've been reading up on the progress of your TSX purchase and it seems like its been a long time coming for you. Just wanted to extend my congrats and I hope you enjoy the car as much as I did when I took delivery of my 05 a month ago. I still get a when I drive it around, just wanted to let you know that it could happen to you too. hahah Can't wait to see those pics!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Intermediate

Congrats on the new car. I'm picking mine up Wednesday/Thursday, in NY so I'm getting the same suckass snow as you. I have a question for the board though, how do you find out the build date? I know what the VIN is and i think the date is coded in there somehow. As soon as I pick mine up, i'll be sure to post some pics in a thread too, go ABP.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Intermediate

Yes, congratulations! I've been following your threat while I've been waiting for my car, and, like you, just got the call this afternoon and just returned from finalizing the deal. (End of the month sales stats -- makes sense, right?) PWP 6 spd MT w/ navi. Sleet and ice on the road make it too dangerous for me to drive anything home tonight (took the D.C. Metro), but the loaner request was smart thinking. Here's my dilemma. Because of all the salt on the road for the snowy/icy weather conditions, I'd rather drag out picking it up fresh and clean, with less risk of ice and snow as we head into March, but I wonder how long I can bide my time with the dealership. I also wonder if there are other downsides to that strategy besides not having my car. (I'm not too concerned about having it before the weekend because I won't be able to drive it anyway.)

Quick Reply: Its getting closer...can you feel it?