Importing a Accord Type R

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 02:36 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Importing a Accord Type R

i plan on importing in a RHD Accord Type R but the only problem i seem to have is finding a TSX shell, a cheap one that is...

any1 know how much one would run for or where i can even find one?
Old 07-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
junkyards?
Old 07-20-2008, 02:54 PM
Racer

Honda hasn't made a Accord Type R since 2003. You probably mean the Accord Euro R. ATR was a CH1(EDM) chassis and CL1(JDM) chassis. Closest thing to the ATR is probably is the CD or the CG chassis Accords in the US. And the ATR is not compatible with the TSX shell so, you won't be able to transfer anything over to the TSX shell. Waste of money IMO
Old 07-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Racer

And the CL1(JDM) was also an Euro R model. Only the EDM CH1 Accord were available as an Accord Type R from 1998-2003
Old 07-20-2008, 03:01 PM
East Coast Crew

Instead of wasting money, why don't you just buy a TSX?
Old 07-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Professional Newbie

Originally Posted by visuelz
Word.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

ooops i meant euro R, my mistake

Originally Posted by visuelz
i like to be differnet? plus we have a lil RHD crew

any idea how much a shell is gonna run me?
Old 07-20-2008, 05:56 PM
Racer

You're looking at probably between 5-10K for a shell in decent condition. How much is it gonna run you to import the Euro R? Its not worth it. Just by a TSX and do a Euro R conversion.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:02 PM
Racer

And most TSX chassis you find will have some sort of accident damage. It really is not gonna be worth it. You're really looking at between 40-50K to import a Euro R, transfering the guts to the TSX, fixing the damaged TSX, etc.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Intermediate

if anyone was wondering...

i also prefer recaros over the fake leather

also the euro R has a k20 rather then the tsx which has a k24 and i think the k20 has 20 more hp, upgrade suspension, and recaros...

so correct me if im wrong jdmers
Old 07-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ThirdLane
You're looking at probably between 5-10K for a shell in decent condition. How much is it gonna run you to import the Euro R? Its not worth it. Just by a TSX and do a Euro R conversion.

And most TSX chassis you find will have some sort of accident damage. It really is not gonna be worth it. You're really looking at between 40-50K to import a Euro R, transfering the guts to the TSX, fixing the damaged TSX, etc.
check ur PMs
Old 07-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Racer

its nice but just not going to work out financially for you at age 19
Old 07-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Intermediate

its nice but just not going to work out financially for you at age 19
well im sellin/partin out my GS
Old 07-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Burning Brakes

That shit is for civics and integras

If you absolutely have to be a JDM fan boy, then do a firewall swap DONT mess with the uni-body!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by HI OFECR
That shit is for civics and integras

If you absolutely have to be a JDM fan boy, then do a firewall swap DONT mess with the uni-body!
lol i like it, im coming from the VIP scene with my GS, i wanna do the jdm thing now and instead of the typical civic/integ, ive decided to go with this body... and what do u mean?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:44 PM
is glad to be back!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
if you're importing that Euro, why do you need a tsx shell? you wanna go JDM right? why would you need the shell for when you're getting the whole damn car? can't be more JDM than that right?
Old 07-20-2008, 07:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LiLS
lol i like it, im coming from the VIP scene with my GS, i wanna do the jdm thing now and instead of the typical civic/integ, ive decided to go with this body... and what do u mean?

Buy TSX have a professional remove the firewall and re-weld in the JDM firewall buy Euro dash + motor & trans +body panals + pedals + wheels + seats, install done.

Still just not worth it unless you can buy a tsx with a blown motor and a reasonably priced JDM front clip.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tsxdriver
if you're importing that Euro, why do you need a tsx shell? you wanna go JDM right? why would you need the shell for when you're getting the whole damn car? can't be more JDM than that right?
cause you cant just import a car and start driving it over here, you gotta register it

Originally Posted by HI OFECR
Buy TSX have a professional remove the firewall and re-weld in the JDM firewall buy Euro dash + motor & trans +body panals + pedals + wheels + seats, install done.

Still just not worth it unless you can buy a tsx with a blown motor and a reasonably priced JDM front clip.
how much would somethin like this run...

does any1 in the US have a rhd tsx?
Old 07-20-2008, 08:00 PM
TellinItLikeItIsSince1/06

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts
why is anybody responding to some dumbass 19 year old and his little dreams? wake up. oh and send me pics when the car arrives...my ass, never gonna happen.

go to school.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by '01White3.2CL
why is anybody responding to some dumbass 19 year old and his little dreams? wake up. oh and send me pics when the car arrives...my ass, never gonna happen.

go to school.
wow, never thought this forum was like honda tech...

i havent gone through it, thats why im asking questions cause i want to otherwise EK9

and i do go to school, thanks for caring

arent you 19 too...
Old 07-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Racer

go to school.
LOL
Old 07-20-2008, 08:22 PM
resident asshole

go to school.
I like how this guy thinks^
Old 07-20-2008, 08:23 PM
Intermediate

can you guys even read...i only said "plan" meaning i need input...the only helpful person has been thirdlane....
Old 07-20-2008, 08:24 PM
Racer

can you guys even read...i only said "plan" meaning i need input...the only helpful person has been thirdlane....
I guess I was the only one that stated that its gonna be very expensive to what you are planning to do. In a nice way.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Intermediate

I guess I was the only one that stated that its gonna be very expensive to what you are planning to do. In a nice way.
yeah i understand that, i just want somethin unique...
after parting out and selling my car i should have round 25k to play with, i tohught bout RSX but didnt wanna downgrade to a 2 door so i decided to go with the TSX since its a gas saver compared to the GS, and didnt want hte TL-S since my mom has one.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:36 PM
resident asshole

yeah i understand that, i just want somethin unique...
after parting out and selling my car i should have round 25k to play with, i tohught bout RSX but didnt wanna downgrade to a 2 door so i decided to go with the TSX since its a gas saver compared to the GS, and didnt want hte TL-S since my mom has one.
When I was younger, I wanted to import a Toyota Chaser... instead drove a Toyota Corolla around for the past few years.

Bottom line, when you find out how much a pain in the ass being "unique" is, you'll just be like the rest of us... which ain't a bad thing, no matter how unhelpful you think we are.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by odannyboi
When I was younger, I wanted to import a Toyota Chaser... instead drove a Toyota Corolla around for the past few years.

Bottom line, when you find out how much a pain in the ass being "unique" is, you'll just be like the rest of us... which ain't a bad thing, no matter how unhelpful you think we are.
i didnt say it was a bad thing, i was jsut toying around with the idea cause recently my best friends rhd ek4 was totaled in a head on collision with a drunk driver and hes gettin a rhd ek9 imported over and at this moment i want a TSX, and toyed around with the idea of a rhd accord euro R. Then 2 weeks ago, another buddy of mine just got a R33 so i was tryin to see how much trouble it would be.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Instructor

Wink fun is where it is at....

Originally Posted by odannyboi

When I was younger I wanted to take my 1970 aar Cuda and move to Australia....unfortunately car had to be converted to RHD for importation.

Never happened, did visit New Zealand and Aussie land last year, never saw so many "Yank" 1960's muscle cars in one town...Auckland.

We all have dreams..unfortunately reality wins in the end...take your money
and buy a good used EVO and really have some fun....TSX is a very nice ride, but not a rocket by any stretch.
Everyone wants to be different, sadly with billions of people on the planet, few make the truly "different" cut.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Instructor

importing a car from overseas.. just the transfer costs can run upwards of 11 grand. I checked for the aussie holden VE Ute.. it was a waste of money as everyone else here has said numerous times.

25k will cover half your shipping to import a car and pay taxes on it once it arrives IF you're lucky.

Then again perhaps i am wrong and the quotes i got were way off.

$25k will barely get you a nice used TSX here with decent mods. You're dreaming way too big IMO.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Instructor

cause you cant just import a car and start driving it over here, you gotta register it.

how much would somethin like this run...

does any1 in the US have a rhd tsx?

um... I think it's easier to put on Acura TSX badges.

and why you need a TSX shell for register? I see people convert TSX into Accord Euro R and still able to register their cars.

rhd tsx... If that's what you want, you can just import a Honda Accord 24TL and then rebadge it.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:22 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MeHoo
importing a car from overseas.. just the transfer costs can run upwards of 11 grand. I checked for the aussie holden VE Ute.. it was a waste of money as everyone else here has said numerous times.

25k will cover half your shipping to import a car and pay taxes on it once it arrives IF you're lucky.

Then again perhaps i am wrong and the quotes i got were way off.

$25k will barely get you a nice used TSX here with decent mods. You're dreaming way too big IMO.
25k for my car and i got some BBS wheels and airsuspension lined up

i was quoted under 17 for a 04-06 accord, i heard shippin was 4-5k..

see the shipping/obtaining the car isnt the problem, registering it in america is..

If none of this works out, I think i will jsut pick up a used TSX for round 16k and i got some things planned for it

Im done with the VIp scene, i wanna get into the jdm scene and i think the tsx is that platform i wanna work with, but im still gonna try to see what i can do bout a rhd accord type r

Originally Posted by human668
um... I think it's easier to put on Acura TSX badges.

and why you need a TSX shell for register? I see people convert TSX into Accord Euro R and still able to register their cars.
yeah i know about conversions...but this is a real deal RHD car...different motor,suspension...and then the kit and recaro seats and all that good stuff.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Instructor

25k for my car and i got some BBS wheels and airsuspension lined up

i was quoted under 17 for a 04-06 accord, i heard shippin was 4-5k..

see the shipping/obtaining the car isnt the problem, registering it in america is..

If none of this works out, I think i will jsut pick up a used TSX for round 16k and i got some things planned for it

Im done with the VIp scene, i wanna get into the jdm scene and i think the tsx is that platform i wanna work with, but im still gonna try to see what i can do bout a rhd accord type r

yeah i know about conversions...but this is a real deal RHD car...different motor,suspension...and then the kit and recaro seats and all that good stuff.
I'm confused. What do you want? RHD CL9, RHD CL7R or a RHD CL7R which looks exactly like a TSX?
Old 07-20-2008, 11:32 PM
Racer

So let me get this. You would spend 17K for a Accord Euro R. Pay 4-5K to ship it here. Spend another 5-10K on a wrecked TSX. Spend countless hours and labor to make a Euro R swap possible. Spend 5-10K on damage repairs on the wrecked TSX. And more money to modify it. And the result would be a car worth nothing on the resale market. When you can get a used TSX for 12-16K and modify it. That is not too smart. When I was 19, I still had more sense than that
Old 07-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Pro

well. gluck with finding the parts.
although it's annoying as hell, you will have one unique car...
i am jus expressing my feeling that if i were u, i wouldn't do that... lol
but don't get a Euro R and start putting A badges on...
Old 07-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Instructor

Someone quoted you 5k for importing?

Keep in mind even if that is right, you have to pay import taxes when it goes through customs. Import taxes on something thats claimed to be worth 17k is not going to be cheap, hence the 11k i mentioned. When i looked into it i checked into various options and it was too expensive no matter what.

You are aware there are very few performance options for these cars right? If you get a used 04 TSX you can hondata it but good luck finding any superchargers/turbos. Seems this car is the black sheep of the honda family..

Also, not sure if you've ever driven a RHD car but its annoying as hell IMO. Those cars are built to be driven RHD because the roads are backwards over there. It feels funny driving on the other side on the right side of the road. just my two cents.

Just my opinion but you keep mentioning "scenes".. buy a car to enjoy it. All that other happy horseshit goes out the window when you get older, so why buy a car to fit in somewhere? Seems dumb to me. If i was 19 again and i'd have 25k thrown into my lap i'd throw it into a 401k and retire when i was 35. But noone ever listens to that for some reason.. i know i didn't.

Lots of good information here to deter you from your dream: http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...ingyourcar.htm

oh yeah and i forgot you have to make the car pass inspections for EPA, etc.. thats fun.. so de-tune the motor and make sure thee xhaust is up to par lol..
Old 07-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by human668
I'm confused. What do you want? RHD CL9, RHD CL7R or a RHD CL7R which looks exactly like a TSX?
RHD CL7R

So let me get this. You would spend 17K for a Accord Euro R. Pay 4-5K to ship it here. Spend another 5-10K on a wrecked TSX. Spend countless hours and labor to make a Euro R swap possible. Spend 5-10K on damage repairs on the wrecked TSX. And more money to modify it. And the result would be a car worth nothing on the resale market. When you can get a used TSX for 12-16K and modify it. That is not too smart. When I was 19, I still had more sense than that
Its not as expensive as you make it to be, if i could find a front clip...i have access to a bodyshop and i dont mind doin my own work...

the chepeast tsx ive been able to find was 16k with 80k miles lol

eh ur right, me and my friends have no sense at all, i mean hes the one that dumped 10k on a hatchback loll
and ive dumped a buttload doin this vip thing...

when u mod a car ur not gonna get anything back for it, so it doesnt bother me, its an expensive hobby!
Originally Posted by jaehshim
well. gluck with finding the parts.
although it's annoying as hell, you will have one unique car...
i am jus expressing my feeling that if i were u, i wouldn't do that... lol
but don't get a Euro R and start putting A badges on...
thanks but yeah my friends run into alot of problems as well with their hatches

and im not gonna do that bro lol
Old 07-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Racer

RHD CL7R

Its not as expensive as you make it to be, if i could find a front clip...i have access to a bodyshop and i dont mind doin my own work...

the chepeast tsx ive been able to find was 16k with 80k miles lol

eh ur right, me and my friends have no sense at all, i mean hes the one that dumped 10k on a hatchback loll
and ive dumped a buttload doin this vip thing...

when u mod a car ur not gonna get anything back for it, so it doesnt bother me, its an expensive hobby!
Still if you want to do a full Euro R swap might be a firewall swap. Meaning hacking up a car. You jeopardize structural integrity and a host of other things
Old 07-20-2008, 11:43 PM
Instructor

not to mention its a TSX and ain't worth all of that in the end anyways.

I mean cmon this isn't a classic vehicle or some Yenko Camaro that's worth all that trouble.. its a TSX.

People go through this trouble when what they want ISNT available here.
Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Intermediate

Someone quoted you 5k for importing?

Keep in mind even if that is right, you have to pay import taxes when it goes through customs. Import taxes on something thats claimed to be worth 17k is not going to be cheap, hence the 11k i mentioned. When i looked into it i checked into various options and it was too expensive no matter what.

You are aware there are very few performance options for these cars right? If you get a used 04 TSX you can hondata it but good luck finding any superchargers/turbos. Seems this car is the black sheep of the honda family..

Also, not sure if you've ever driven a RHD car but its annoying as hell IMO. Those cars are built to be driven RHD because the roads are backwards over there. It feels funny driving on the other side on the right side of the road. just my two cents.

Just my opinion but you keep mentioning "scenes".. buy a car to enjoy it. All that other happy horseshit goes out the window when you get older, so why buy a car to fit in somewhere? Seems dumb to me. If i was 19 again and i'd have 25k thrown into my lap i'd throw it into a 401k and retire when i was 35. But noone ever listens to that for some reason.. i know i didn't.

Lots of good information here to deter you from your dream: http://www.foreignborn.com/visas_imm...ingyourcar.htm

oh yeah and i forgot you have to make the car pass inspections for EPA, etc.. thats fun.. so de-tune the motor and make sure thee xhaust is up to par lol..
thanks for all the info bro, ima take this all into consideration. im also gonna try to find out what the exact price would be, and its not really "scene" but its more of my friends, and yeah ive drivin RHD cars before...

but the car is gone, RIP

drunk driver smashed into it on the 18th
Old 07-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

Still if you want to do a full Euro R swap might be a firewall swap. Meaning hacking up a car. You jeopardize structural integrity and a host of other things
yeahh i understand and i dont want that, but if i can sell 2jzgte i think ima do what you were tellin me about in the pms

not to mention its a TSX and ain't worth all of that in the end anyways.

I mean cmon this isn't a classic vehicle or some Yenko Camaro that's worth all that trouble.. its a TSX.

People go through this trouble when what they want ISNT available here.
yeahh i understandd that

Quick Reply: Importing a Accord Type R