Import cars stink

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This guy Dixie is obliviously playing devils advocate.
Let him rave about his bubba truck. Who cares what he thinks he is ignorant anyways. It is apparent that he knows nothing about engineering and the complexities of the automobile industry. We know here that Honda is makes the best returns on their vehicles because of their
efficient manufacturing processes.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:43 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Dixie Boy
what? a honda truck? honda wants to be like chevy now? i would never buy a honda truck. as a matter of fact i wuold never buy any import. Boy you betta start reading the news. gm makes tons of lots more money then honda. and they will never go backrupt cuz real americans jsut buy american automobiles. you gonna tell me now that the impala aint good? are you danm crazy?
I agree with this statement completely.

Sincerely,

Pontiac Aztek and Cadillac Cimmaron
Old 08-06-2003, 09:04 AM
Pre-Registered Member

Received 246 Likes on 150 Posts
IBTL.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:10 AM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Originally posted by TSXautoXer
Ladies and gentlemen, stop letting that Dixie redneck get to you. He is obviously someone who put 20 inch CHROME wheels on his tire, bolt on some CHROME exhaust tip to his car, and claim he had the best car in the universe.
I think I saw a friend of his last night. He was driving a faded purple Plymouth Breeze with dual coffee can exhaust that was louder than it was fast. According to the stickers on the window, it was lowered with Eibach springs, too.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:26 AM
Instructor

What cracks me up (besides the original post) is everyone getting all defensive & believing this person. It's obviously a joke.

Larch, I don't think anyone here gets your humor.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:56 AM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Time to turn this into a PW thread

Dixie...when is the next KKK convention?
Old 08-06-2003, 11:01 AM
More On

Originally posted by GRAYTSX
What cracks me up (besides the original post) is everyone getting all defensive & believing this person. It's obviously a joke.

Larch, I don't think anyone here gets your humor.
Except you! (And Sheik. Adn I amm shur otheres to nummerous to mentoin.)

I never laughed so hard in my life. I think the neighbors were calling the cops.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:06 AM
Racer

Dixieboy: Is you aware that that American Chevy Impala is made in.....Oshawa, Ontario, Kanada?

The entry of Toyota, Nissan and, now, Honda, into the large pick-up market is something the North American makers ought to fret about. We have a '02 Silverado here for work purposes, and other than 1 burned out light, it is excellent. However, it would be a major mistake to ignore this huge threat to the big 3's profit center. Ford's new F150 seems really nice, but the added weight and lack of improvement in fuel economy will come back to haunt them.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:15 AM
9th Gear

Talking

I apologize for bieng rude to you people and for saying that import cars aint as good as americans. All i was tring to say was taht you guys should take a look at american made cars nowadays. i heard GM and ford was the biggest car makers in the entire wolrld and the reason theyre big is cuz people buy them. obviosly if people buy them its because they are damn good. they are all over the woeld. ive gots a friend who went to canada and he said he saw a bunch of fords and chevys overthere too. and ive driven acuras, bmws and whateva. i've worked at a body shop for years. im a professional mechanic if u wanna knwo that too. boy i know them imports like i know my onw ass. they're pretty good cars and i like those lether interiors. but when it comes to engine man no one can make'em like us americans. and my malibu's got more than 300 hp cuz its tuned and i've spent sume big money on that thing. i got it lowerd and i instaled some fancy brake pads as well. i will admit mercedes and bmw make sume nice cars but they aint as powerful as gms and fords. and i haerd them imports they dont last as long either.
anyway my point is the reason aur economy is going bad is cuz people keep buiyng forening cars. ufornately people dont relize gm and ford is good for america and they give us jobs too.
long story short i wus going to buy an acura txs but when i test drove the pontiac grandprix i relized acura was no good. the pontiac is a much nicer car wiht a bigger engine and more horsepoer and more comfortabale. dont u all read car and driver? i'll tell u what i thing u should cuz they said the new grandprix is going to shit on any other import. 5 yers from now and our econmy is gon go to hell cause of u people.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:26 AM
So, do you like...stuff?

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes the majority of us read MANY auto magazines. You do not sound intelligent by your writing. Maybe you just have poor English.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:28 AM
Racer

and our econmy is gon go to hell cause of u people.
Aw, you don't have to worry about that....As long as there is Taxi Cabs, Police cars, Rent-a-car companies, etc. there will be a market for the "common" American car.

My first new car right out of college was a '90 Grand Am LE. Nice little car and it served it's purpose. I kept it for 3 years until it got smashed to pieces by a driver who when out of control in a rainstorm and hit my car while it was parked. Thank goodness I wasn't in the car.

On the brightside, it's good to see cars like the CTS and Lincoln LS starting to show up on the radar for those shopping for performance/sports sedans. CR's comparisons gave each a pretty decent rating. It's a step in the right direction.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:34 AM
9th Gear

u damn bastard. who ar u to say im not intelligent? i dont have to be hat intelligent to relize gm make the best cars in the whole damn world. the reason i dont type real good is cuz i dont know how to play with the damn keyboard.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:38 AM
9th Gear

[QUOTE]Originally posted by zircon
[B]Dixieboy: Is you aware that that American Chevy Impala is made in.....Oshawa, Ontario, Kanada?

impalas are made in detroit. as a matter of fact i dont think canada makes cars. the us builds'em and sell'em in caanda.
now im not real sure about that. if gm has a facorty in canada that i duno.

Old 08-06-2003, 11:38 AM
Audi Driving Snob

keep the discussion to the cars... or else i'm gonna be the first to say IBTL ;-)
Old 08-06-2003, 11:43 AM
9th Gear

u wanna see what im talking about? take a look a that malubu and tellme if that aint betta than a fuckin bmw. hahaha bmw my ass.

images.usatoday.com/money/gallery/ sema/malibu-cruiser.jpg
Old 08-06-2003, 11:47 AM
Audi Driving Snob

you suck at making link lol

http://images.usatoday.com/money/gal...bu-cruiser.jpg
Old 08-06-2003, 11:48 AM
Like It Smooth!

Originally posted by Dixie Boy
u damn bastard. who ar u to say im not intelligent? i dont have to be hat intelligent to relize gm make the best cars in the whole damn world. the reason i dont type real good is cuz i dont know how to play with the damn keyboard.
Oh Dixie Boy... We get your point... Loud and clear!
You love American cars and we can respect that.
But could you do the same and show others who prefers different make (German, Japanese, Korean, etc.) a little respect too?
We are car people and we come here to talk about the cars we love in general.
Discussions on "American cars are better than Japanese cars" belong to a different forum. Not here.
Old 08-06-2003, 11:49 AM
Audi Driving Snob

I like this one personally....

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/tinky/03semaias333.jpg
Old 08-06-2003, 11:52 AM
Audi Driving Snob

and this one.....

http://www.angelfire.com/linux/tinky/03semaias336.jpg
Old 08-06-2003, 11:53 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
WTF is going on here. 4 pages about this shit. Did'nt Larch already admit to being Dixie Boy??

IBTL ++
Old 08-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Audi Driving Snob

ok this thread has died, good as any other time for a little lockage. Enjoy the pics of the sema tsx dixie