I'm getting one!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting one!

OK, I put some money down, and a dealer is in the process of getting me a ABP color TSX. I feel like I should flatter y'all and say that it was all due to the wonderful support of AZ members , but seriously, your comments were helpful. The TSX just seems like a good balance between sporty & luxury, although, it's going to kill me if the '06 comes out soon with 10+HP like y'all have been saying! I just can't wait much longer...

OH, yeah, manual shift too....

And the spoiler -- that'll add a few HP!

Next -- accessories. I want to at least let the new car fever die down a bit before too much modding, tho...
Old 07-14-2005, 07:28 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Enjoy!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:57 PM
Instructor

Hope you love it as much as most of us do.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:28 AM
Racer

Nice color choice, and congrats on the new car. Good luck trying to get some sleep until you finally get to pick it up. hehehe. I could barely sleep at all until mine was at home in the garage after I bought it. It took me a week to bring it home after the deal was done.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Hope you get it soon and welcome to AZ
Old 07-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Now you need to:
1. Search the forum on what to look for when picking up your new TSX
2. Order the Comptech rear swaybar so that its ready for installation when you bring the TSX home
3. Start saving up $595 for when Hondata comes out with a reflash for 05'
4. Get lots and lots of stickers (they help with horsepower)

:gheywave: :gheywave:

jlukja, who is just kidding about no. 4 above.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on your new ride you going to love it. BTW did you get Navi?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:12 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Congrats.

BTW - 06's are getting a 25HP bump.

j/k
Old 07-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dom
Congrats.

BTW - 06's are getting a 25HP bump.

GAAAAAH, you're killin' me!

j/k

jlukja, I've got those stickers on the way! uh.......

Seriously, I've already been reading up on intakes, A-spec suspension, etc. I need to not mod it too much all at once. Let the warrantee go unviolated for a little while.

Thanks for the comments. I hope it does turn out to be a good color choice -- it doesn't seem common. Looks pretty sporty, but I hope it doesn't "grow old", ya know?
Old 07-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja

:gheywave: :gheywave:
I hope you noticed the subliminal message in the celebratory smileys.
Old 07-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Advanced

How much is hondata?
Old 07-17-2005, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

First impressions

Originally Posted by LuxuriousRuski
How much is hondata?
Heh.

I thought I might add my first impressions. I also want to upload pics, but mebbe I should save that for the introduction thread....

First, I have to say ** WOW ** !! I love the car! I like the various options that are standard, then quick handling, and the motor does have a lot of torque to it (for not being a larger engine). Not too bad! It feels pretty fast, even though reviews seem to rank it slower than some other sporty cars. About the only thing I don't like is that it feels like the suspension has a lot of movement. I think (hope) that the A-spec suspension will fix this, so I'll plan on having that done sometime.

I am really impressed with the stereo. Not that it's the greatest ever, but one of the better factory radios. I won't need a sub -- this has plenty of bass! I have been reading messages about upgrading the speakers, which I may want to do, though. Especially the tweets. Oh well.

XM is pretty neat, but I'm sure I can hear compression artifacts with some songs/channels. Sounds like I'm listening to MP3s. Sometimes it seems fine. Mebbe some channels get more bandwidth than others? Still, the variety is neat, I just wish the quality was consistantly good. They may hook me in with this 3 mo. trial....

Despite some time with the manual, I don't see anything about recommendations for waxing or cleaning. The interior looked like it needed something, so I spent a couple of hours putting some Meguiar's products on, and cleaning bugs off of the front of the grill.

I need to either get a "clear bra" or go ahead and order a normal bra soon.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vidgamer
Heh.

I thought I might add my first impressions. I also want to upload pics, but mebbe I should save that for the introduction thread....

First, I have to say ** WOW ** !! I love the car! I like the various options that are standard, then quick handling, and the motor does have a lot of torque to it (for not being a larger engine). Not too bad! It feels pretty fast, even though reviews seem to rank it slower than some other sporty cars. About the only thing I don't like is that it feels like the suspension has a lot of movement. I think (hope) that the A-spec suspension will fix this, so I'll plan on having that done sometime.

I am really impressed with the stereo. Not that it's the greatest ever, but one of the better factory radios. I won't need a sub -- this has plenty of bass! I have been reading messages about upgrading the speakers, which I may want to do, though. Especially the tweets. Oh well.

XM is pretty neat, but I'm sure I can hear compression artifacts with some songs/channels. Sounds like I'm listening to MP3s. Sometimes it seems fine. Mebbe some channels get more bandwidth than others? Still, the variety is neat, I just wish the quality was consistantly good. They may hook me in with this 3 mo. trial....

Despite some time with the manual, I don't see anything about recommendations for waxing or cleaning. The interior looked like it needed something, so I spent a couple of hours putting some Meguiar's products on, and cleaning bugs off of the front of the grill.

I need to either get a "clear bra" or go ahead and order a normal bra soon.
whats a "bra"? and what does the Hondata do and.. well thats it for now
Old 07-17-2005, 04:30 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Get the clear bra NOW!!!!! I waited for about 8 months after picking up my TSX and I had quite a bit of chips that needed touch up paint before adding the bra. While the front end is still perfect, add the bra and never worry about paint chiping.

BTW-- I find the black leather bra ugly.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Instructor

I tried to buy an Arctic Blue TSX yesterday but they couldn't find one with 6MT and Navi in ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, RI, NY, NJ or PA for me... So I'm going with Silver/Ebony...... I can't wait...

Where does everyone get this clear bra? is it just a sticker?
Old 07-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I was considering getting the windows tinted, and at the same time, getting the "clear bra", but maybe I should just do the clear bra and worry about tinting some other time (but definitely after the spoiler install, if so, because of the brake light).

The windows seem to have a slight tint from the factory, so maybe I should ignore the tint for a while.

BTW-- I find the black leather bra ugly.
I know, it's so '80's. Usually I like them OK on most cars, but I dunno about this one.

whats a "bra"?
Front bumper/grill bug protector.

and what does the Hondata do and.. well thats it for now
For info on Hondata, see the Performance area of these forums. Soups up your engine.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by vidgamer
I was considering getting the windows tinted, and at the same time, getting the "clear bra", but maybe I should just do the clear bra and worry about tinting some other time (but definitely after the spoiler install, if so, because of the brake light).

The windows seem to have a slight tint from the factory, so maybe I should ignore the tint for a while.

I know, it's so '80's. Usually I like them OK on most cars, but I dunno about this one.

Front bumper/grill bug protector.

For info on Hondata, see the Performance area of these forums. Soups up your engine.
oh a bra is those ugly leather things on the front of cars? where could I get a clear one?
Old 07-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wclark
oh a bra is those ugly leather things on the front of cars? where could I get a clear one?
Helps prevent rock chips on the leading edge of the hood (and wherever else it may be applied, like the bumper or even the backs of the mirrors). If you live somewhere like I do, where they litter the streets with sharp gravel for half of the year, it's a must. You'll still get lots of chips, but not as bad as it might otherwise be.

The clear variety is a 3M product that many dealers offer as an add-on, or you can go somewhere like Ziebart to have it applied. (My local Ziebart franchise told me that they use the same 3M film, even though they call it Z-Shield.)

3M Paint Protection Film