IL Tsx owners how would u rate IL Acura dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IL Tsx owners how would u rate IL Acura dealers?

1-5 stars in terms of sales people and customer service.

1. Arlington Acura - not sure never been there, good or bad dealer?
2. Woodfield Acura - 4.5/5 stars since I bought my car there
3. Continental Acura of Dupage - driven by there, never been inside there, but friend of mine had constant problems with the manager there said he is a snobby jerk. also, said took forever for him to get his parts for his TL.
4. Ed Napelton Acura- never been there either, good or bad?
5. McGrath Acura of Westmont - driven by there too, like their license plate frames though, good or bad?
6. McGrath Acura of Morton Grove- never been there, good or bad?
7. Acura of Libertyville- never been there either, heard about negative experiences though.

Did I miss any other Acura dealerships in IL?
Old 03-01-2004, 12:48 PM
Instructor

Re: IL Tsx owners how would u rate IL Acura dealers?

Originally posted by 04EuroAccordTsx

3. Continental Acura of Dupage - driven by there, never been inside there, but friend of mine had constant problems with the manager there said he is a snobby jerk. also, said took forever for him to get his parts for his TL.
5. McGrath Acura of Westmont - driven by there too, like their license plate frames though, good or bad?
7. Acura of Libertyville- never been there either, heard about negative experiences though.

I have to ask you this....you rated Woodfield Acura with 4.5 stars which I assume is real good in your book.
But you had a thread in which you said your Acura dealer sucked, and you didn't want to disclose who it was.
Now you just disclosed it. Do you still think Woodfield is bad or did they resolve the problem?

btw...I bought mine at Woodfield and haven't had any problems with them.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: IL Tsx owners how would u rate IL Acura dealers?

1. N/R - Never dealt with them
2. 3 - They were nice but didn't give me the deal I wanted. I'd shop there again if I had to.
3. 5 - This is where I bought my car and where I got hooked up by the Sales Manager, who not only is a great guy, but knows his shit about Acuras. They worked with me, gave me trade-in value, and got me exactly the car I wanted. They get all my future business.
4. 2 - Not willing to work with me on price or the car I wanted. No reason to ever call them again.
5. 4 - I bought my CL-S from them and they are good people. I gave them first crack on the sale of the TSX but they couldn't deliver.
6. 1.5 - My salesman was a good guy but the dealership jerked me around on my trade-in value so I walked. I'd never go back.
7. 1 - Jerk-off thieves that told me one price (and guaranteed it) to get me to drive up there, and then told me another price when I showed up. Isn't my time worth something? The worst Acura experience I had.
8. Joe Rizza, 1 - It's ok that you forgot them because their service department is the worst. They wanted to charge me for taking a look at a warranty issue. I paid it just so I could bitch about them and not be hypocritical. PISS OFF!
Old 03-01-2004, 01:58 PM
DPZ
Advanced

By the way, really enjoy these forums.

My perspective is that I don't hold it against a dealer just because they didn't offer me a good deal. Yes, there may be a general willingness to deal or not, but I suspect it's greatly influenced by their circumstance at the time (how many in stock, how many/type of prospective customers). Just because a dealer can't offer a good deal at one time, doesn't mean that they're inherently unwilling to deal and won't offer a good deal given changes in circumstances. With that said, I do expect a dealer to keep their word about what they say they're willing to do, otherwise we're all just wasting each other's time.

Following are my experiences from about a month ago:

1. Didn't respond by email as I'd requested, kept calling me.
2. N/A.
3. Didn't want to go significantly below list.
4. Some willingness to deal. Didn't really test limit as they didn't have color I wanted.
5. Some willingness to deal, but not quite as low as others.
6. Initially called rather than emailed, but emailed after I ignored them. Bought from here as they're closest and had desired color.
7. Some willingness to deal.
8. Were willing to offer a good price by email.

The market seems to have softened a bit in Chicago. I think you could get down to 27.5 for a navi (with protection package, before tax and reg), and probably a bit lower if the circumstances are right.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:39 PM
Racer

04EuroAccordTsx. You did forget Joe Rizza Acura. Unlike Jason I've never had any problems with them, but like you said about my local dealer, Continental Acura, my dad who bought the tsx for me, has had problems with him because he did come off as a jerk and he screwed a deal for my mom getting an MDX a week before we were schedule to pick it up after waiting for 4 months and getting all the numbers right. It's unfortunate because we've bought 5 acuras from Joe Rizza in the past year. But it's all about who you know at each dealership, because Jason has had good experiences at Continental. If you ever go to Joe Rizza talk to Pete Pishos, he's the sales manager, just tell him Jag or Arjan Singh told you and he'll take care of you.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:25 PM
2004 TL Owner

When my brother was TL searching back in late '99 for his 2000 TL... Ed Napelton Acura were real dicks.. we ended getting it from Arlington Acura, they were really good
Old 03-01-2004, 09:44 PM
Race Director

well yeah arlington acura was alright, my folks were just kind of pissed at the way the situation was being handled with the purchase of their Mdx. do any of the Acura wait rooms have a big waiting area that has internet access? i still haven't gotten a chance to wait on my car yet since its still new.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:15 PM
Drifting

well yeah arlington acura was alright, my folks were just kind of pissed at the way the situation was being handled with the purchase of their Mdx. do any of the Acura wait rooms have a big waiting area that has internet access? i still haven't gotten a chance to wait on my car yet since its still new.
McGrath in Westmont does and Continental will when they are done with their new pad in April.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:13 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2. Closest dealer was Woodfield Acura (1hr away) and ended up buying from there. Very friendly and I would buy from them again. When I went to pick up my car, they surprised me when I noticed a trunk tray along with a cargo net installed (I just wanted the net to install myself, but I'm not complaining). (4.5, no 5 cause they wouldn't budge with price at the time but instead gave deal on fogs & spoiler)
1. Sales guy at Arlington Acura was very nice, but they wouldn't hold one with my preferred color combo. And the drive was 20/30 min more. (3)
7. I emailed Acura of Libertyville, but they replied to my email after I ordered my car. (1.1, 1 cause its the lowest and .1 for emailing me back)
?. Thought about checking out Zimbrick Acura in WI...but never got around to it (haha...off topic'ed)
3-6. I didn't even bother looking at any of the other dealerships cause I wasn't going to drive over an hour and half to get my car serviced.
Old 03-02-2004, 07:18 PM
Advanced

Ed Napleton Acura: Ordered MS/6sp/Nav for $800 under sticker (free locks, flaps, tray). They beat out McGrath Acura of Westmont who would only go $500 under. I was patient, and Ali Najfi called up to say OK.

It was late arriving (Mid Jan), so they threw in all-season mats.
Even got 3.25% for 60 months.

Over-all: fine so far, although I had to drop by a second time to pick up the trunk tray
Old 03-03-2004, 12:26 PM
eve
Burning Brakes

Hi guys! I've been reading your posts for a while now and they are very helpful. I've been thinking about buying Acura TSX for about 2 months now and I think the time has come. Probably at the end of this month or in April I will be the owner of a new car. Your list of dealers in Illinois will probably help me a lot. So far, I visited Woodfied Acura (closest to me) and they've been OK. McGrath Acura of Morton Grove wanted to sell it to on the spot even though I told them up front that I'm not planning on buying it until March/April. They've been calling me every week for past 1.5 months. It got very annoying so probably I won't be going back there. And the "deal" they were offering me wasn't that good anyway. But I will keep you updated on my car search and thanks for your list of dealers. I will check them out - except Ed Napelton, I guess.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:47 PM
DPZ
Advanced

Eve, I wouldn't rule out any dealer just for calling a lot or being persistent. I know it's annoying but they are trying to sell cars. McGrath Morton Grove did call me quite a bit, but I gave them my home number and I'm almost never there. I'd decide on what color/configuration I wanted and then see which dealers are willing to give the best price. Why take anyone out of the bidding unless they've been dishonest or unreliable?

I found the on-line inventories, which many have, to be fairly useful. They're not 100% accurate, but give you a sense of how many cars a dealer has on the lot, whether they have what you want, and how willing they are to bargain.

I found my experience with McGrath Morton Grove to be quite efficient. Agreed on a decent price over email, verified by phone, and then went in and got the paperwork done in 20 minutes. And another 30-40 minutes to pick up.
Old 03-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Advanced

Holla from Chicago! hey guys, Im lookin to buy a tsx in a couple of months, around may-ish. How long ago did you guys buy your tsx, and for how much? I was hoping that around may, demand would have settled down a bit, and really lookin to run away with a great deal.

Oh also test drove one over at Morton Grove Mcgrath, and they said that the production number on the tsx was 15000... if i remember correctly i thought 15000 was the sales forecast for the car, and not the production number. Can anyone clarify that one for me? Thanks!
Old 03-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Advanced

15,000 sounds too low. Right now, the VIN's are in the 25,000 area. Unless they've had that particular TSX on the lot for 6 months???
Old 03-15-2004, 10:50 PM
bleh...

I avoided all the Chicago Acura dealers and had my TSX delivered from Superior Acura in Kansas City. I noticed about Chicago dealers is that they are stingy on price and don't like to negotiate.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:35 AM
2nd Gear

I got mine about a month ago at Continental of DuPage. Very happy. I was a previous customer. It took some persistent negotiating and they gave me excellent $$ on my trade (better than KBB, Edmunds or CarMax) and almost $2000 off sticker.

I see they are building there new dealership in Naperville, off Ogden and Aurora Ave, right next to the new VW dealership.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:16 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by SpartanMan
I got mine about a month ago at Continental of DuPage. Very happy. I was a previous customer. It took some persistent negotiating and they gave me excellent $$ on my trade (better than KBB, Edmunds or CarMax) and almost $2000 off sticker.

I see they are building there new dealership in Naperville, off Ogden and Aurora Ave, right next to the new VW dealership.
Right on! Another happy Continental customer.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Race Director

i thought you were MIA since you were going on your honeymoon with your wife Jason?

does that continental have good customer service or mcgrath of westmont is better? my friend told me that he went into continental for a car washing his CL-S and said that the service guys scratched his car.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:16 PM
Drifting

i thought you were MIA since you were going on your honeymoon with your wife Jason?

does that continental have good customer service or mcgrath of westmont is better? my friend told me that he went into continental for a car washing his CL-S and said that the service guys scratched his car.
We're sitting here doing table assignments for the reception...it BLOWS! I think both Continental and McGrath (Westmont) are good dealers. Continental is just the one that hooked me up this time.
Old 03-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by DPZ
I found the on-line inventories, which many have, to be fairly useful. They're not 100% accurate, but give you a sense of how many cars a dealer has on the lot, whether they have what you want, and how willing they are to bargain.

I found my experience with McGrath Morton Grove to be quite efficient. Agreed on a decent price over email, verified by phone, and then went in and got the paperwork done in 20 minutes. And another 30-40 minutes to pick up.
I was looking at libertyville's page the other day, and they allegedly had 15 tsx's in stock. I called em up and they said they had none. Whats that all about... how can you be that behind in updating? boooo on libertyville. They treated me like i was not worth their time.

DPZ, how much did you get your car for? what kind was it? and who did you talk to? I was planning on trying my best to buy from there, since its the closest to my house too.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:39 AM
8th Gear

i bought my tsx at libertyville memorial day weekend. they asked me why i chose libertyville and i told them that their online inventory quoted them to have the most 5AT in stock. they told me that most of those cars are loaners or courtesy cars. that weekend that i got there, there were only 3 red tsx, 1 black and 1 silver. internet also said 15. long story short, they lied. then on top of that my car has been in the shop for 8 days now for "new transmission" (read my other threads) and guess what i get for a loaner, ford taurus, and i'm way over the age of 25. how bout that? i'm thinking of switching dealers for my next service.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:34 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by nina_tsx
i bought my tsx at libertyville memorial day weekend. they asked me why i chose libertyville and i told them that their online inventory quoted them to have the most 5AT in stock. they told me that most of those cars are loaners or courtesy cars. that weekend that i got there, there were only 3 red tsx, 1 black and 1 silver. internet also said 15. long story short, they lied. then on top of that my car has been in the shop for 8 days now for "new transmission" (read my other threads) and guess what i get for a loaner, ford taurus, and i'm way over the age of 25. how bout that? i'm thinking of switching dealers for my next service.
Won't hurt...I've been taking mine up to Zimbrick Acura up by Madison, WI