"If you can afford it, get the BMW"--why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by waTSX
This is the first time I'd driven with the SP, and based on what I'd heard I expected harshness, but I found none. The stiffness of the ride is very similar to my A-Spec equipped TSX, and definitely very liveable. Very nice ride.
Thanks for the review. I had wondered about the ride with the sport package.

I drove a 328i without it, and felt the ride to be relatively soft (which is good), but it had a little less road feel than I liked. I thought maybe that's because the non-sport 328 has 16 inch instead of 17 inch wheels.

Originally Posted by Johns
My wife and I test drove two used BMW 328s before buying the TSX. We loved the way both BMWs drove, but again, I was afraid of owning two german cars. Funny thing is, my wife and I have owned five VWs and two Hondas. Only one of the VWs gave us any trouble, a 1986 Golf and both Hondas had some problems, 1987 Accord LXI and the TSX. You just never know.
I agree.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dom
I would argue that almsot 8 years is just recently.

Fact. Honda re-entered Formula One as an engine supplier with BAR back in 2000 with a fully backed factory effort.

In 2005 They took complete control of the operations.

Fact. BMW also began supplying F1 engines in 2000 and again in 2005 fully acquired Sauber to form BMW F1.

Fact. BMW is now the 3rd best team in Formula 1 while Honda languishes at the back of the field. While I agree they'll need several more years to catch up, BMW in the same time frame has come much, much further. Granted, Sauber was further ahead of BAR in when they took control of the teams. Engines alone can't be faulted but Honda has been a huge disappointment thus far in F1. Granted, so has Toyota.

Having said all that. F1 success IMO has no effect on the road car business. The only reason I brought up F1 was because the previous poster mentioned how great Honda was at Motorsports.

by reading your messages it looks like you have been following both teams progress the last few years. but I don´t see in your post how honda did last year in F1? where they competed with Ferrari, renault and mclaren for top places in many races(including their first win) and ended up in fourth place overall constructor.

but F1 is a tough sport and alot can happen in a year and it´s easy to go astray, and honda did that this year. this years car has been crap all year and has been beaten often by their daughter team super aguri(which is in fact hondas last year car with their new engine) and judging by news of F1 culprit has been found, honda rushed the building of their wind tunnel so much that it was flawed and has been giving false information and therefor their aerodinamic package has been wrong(nothing to do with the engines) and there for the car has been crap to drive according to the drivers. anyway they are on the mend right now and we´ll see how they go from here?

Mclaren´s relliability was crap last year and now their as good as Ferrari at the top, things change fast in F1 and next year could be totally different.

and on another note the fact that a car is rwd doesn´t mean it outhandles everything fwd, and honda does build some awesome handling fwd cars that are some of the best handling cars in their class

I personally can´t see the joy in paying more for a car and expecting less equipment and reliability just to have a "prestigeous" name on it?
I would think that the prestige would be out the window when such is the fact!