View Poll Results: Would you have bought a TSX if it was a Honda instead of an Acura
Yes
68.58%
No
25.22%
I don't own a TSX
6.19%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

If the TSX had a Honda badge instead of an Acura badge, would you have bought one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:41 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
If the TSX had a Honda badge instead of an Acura badge, would you have bought one?

Only the badge has changed.
Everything else is still the same... drive, styling, interior, options, price, etc.

Lets be honest
Old 12-01-2005, 07:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yes. I bought my car because I knew it was an Accord. I came from Accords, and have always loved them.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:56 PM
iVTEC no koe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sauceman
Yes. I bought my car because I knew it was an Accord. I came from Accords, and have always loved them.
There will always be an Accord on my driveway.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Racer

Honestly no. i love the car but wouldn't pay $28k for a new car and have to deal with either of the honda dealerships near me.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Yui
Pro

I was looking at buying the previous gen accord sedan as I didn't like the look of the '03 and up, so probably yes.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:39 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking no

b/c the A > H

Old 12-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would buy it....and then rebadge it with Acura
Old 12-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mg7726
b/c the A > H

I bought this as a prestige symbol...and because not many people have it...but if it was a Honda I would've got the regular USDM accord instead of the TSX. :why: well, it's bigger, has more horses, and costs the same. You be the judge -;-
Old 12-01-2005, 08:49 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I probably would have still bought it, hell the next car in line was a Subaru

and btw :ibcoltsayshewishesitcamewithahondabadge:
Old 12-01-2005, 08:52 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
We Did!!!

Old 12-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Banned

Yes....reason i bought this car than the Accord is that I like the styling on this a whole lot better than the current accord.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:02 PM
Instructor

Only if the Honda dealerships gave out loaner cars when getting serviced. I traded my RSX in for a 350Z a couple years ago and really missed Nissan not offering service loaners. I told myself I would never buy another make that does not offer it.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:17 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Absolutely. In fact I wish it was a Honda that had options. I could have done without the leather, sunroof, 6 disc changer, and a few other things and saved a few K instead.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Burning Brakes

um...good question

i donno if i would haha......tough decision to make in current 25K car market XD

---------------
probably would go for IS300 or IS250
Old 12-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Banned

Honda , Honda everywhere....
Old 12-01-2005, 09:42 PM
Racer

Sure, I basically think of it as a Honda. I always wonder when poeple say "it's only a Honda", as far as I'm concerned they make the best engineered cars in the world, maybe not the best car though, but then not the most expensive. I actually prefer my local Honda dealership over my Acura dealership anyway, I split the work about 50/50.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by lito

side note: my car looks awful in that pic! If I had known you were gonna be posting them around the forum I wouldn't have raised up the coils for the winter
Old 12-01-2005, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

Sorry, but is it a Japanese plate? May be Korean?
Japanese don't print zeroes, they replace them with a dot...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:53 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nah it's not korean. it looks like chinese characters...

and yea, i probably still would have bought my car.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:59 PM
Pro

Only if the price reflected the honda badge. I definitely wouldn't pay as much as I did for a Honda especially when it isn't as valued as the Accord. As someone said,

A > H

If the cost were less then sure, I'd buy it, else I'd go the G35 or 325xi route.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I stick sick people

Originally Posted by DaBBuh
Sorry, but is it a Japanese plate? May be Korean?
Japanese don't print zeroes, they replace them with a dot...
It's Japanese. It says Tokyo on the top.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:13 PM
Still Lovin my 06

i like it better than the accord

i like how it's slightly smaller, i cant wait to get it. the interior is way nicer, and i'm not saying that cause it has A badges in it. that's BS. the leather is nicer. obviously not worth the price difference, but in that range, i like the tsx better than the accord. we were deciding between the two, and the badge had nothing to do with it. come on, hands free blue tooth pretty much sealed the deal!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Banned

No, would of got a Lexus or something else
Old 12-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro

i dont know....hard to say...i dont think i wouldve paid the same amount i paid.But then again, i think i paid way to much for this car anyways.and since the accord is more readily available then the tsx, i wouldnt have had to pay as much
Old 12-01-2005, 10:27 PM
Still Lovin my 06

illogical

Originally Posted by hawaiiantsx
i dont know....hard to say...i dont think i wouldve paid the same amount i paid.But then again, i think i paid way to much for this car anyways.and since the accord is more readily available then the tsx, i wouldnt have had to pay as much

i don't follow this logic. so if the ONLY difference was an "H" instead of an "A" and everything else about the car was equal, you people are saying you wouldn't have bought it?

If that's the god's honest truth, you're an IDIOT for buying it in the first place. you're going to pay more just for a badge?

So are these the same type of people that would buy a 6 cyl Mustang, then go buy the SVT badges, wheels etc?

Or how about go buy a 3 series bimmer, and buy the M3 badges and accessories.

The TSX isnt IDENTICAL to a honda, so if you don't think you're getting some value, why did you buy it?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:05 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
yup, i'd still get a tsx if it was labelled "honda tsx."

if this was the case, i would've considered the 05 tsx and 05 accord. there's no way i would've gotten the accord...
Old 12-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Pro

Talking

Originally Posted by bradykp
i don't follow this logic. so if the ONLY difference was an "H" instead of an "A" and everything else about the car was equal, you people are saying you wouldn't have bought it?

If that's the god's honest truth, you're an IDIOT for buying it in the first place. you're going to pay more just for a badge?

So are these the same type of people that would buy a 6 cyl Mustang, then go buy the SVT badges, wheels etc?

The TSX isnt IDENTICAL to a honda, so if you don't think you're getting some value, why did you buy it?
Damn kid... when you buy a car you've gotta realize that all it is is a liability. You want it to depreciate as slowly and little as possible. Rather than compare it to a BMW let's put a Kia badge on it or hell a Ford badge. Would you still pay that much knowing that once you drive it off the lot you instantly loose ~25% of what you paid for it?

Frankly if everything was the same and it had an H instead of an A I wouldn't buy it at the price I paid, heck no.

One last thing, welcome to the world of luxury cars. The Acura line is the luxury car line of Honda. You ARE paying for the name. Just like the BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Lamborghini, etc. You ARE looking at a luxury car hence you are paying essentially for the badge and the title of driving a luxury car. Remove it and tag on like I said, a Kia badge instead. Remember we're talking the family tag not the model.

Your comparison of buying a 3 series and then getting the M3 badge is inacurate. Now if you bought a 3 series BMW but BMW had another "economy line" known as WMD, would you pay the same amount for the vehicle knowing that across the lot you could get the same one 'cept with a higher value? Think about that for a sec...

You've gotta remember that the poll did call for just the badge being changed and even though most ppl voted yes I'm sure the majority of people won't pay what they did for the North American classification of the Honda - ie. not as high a class as Acura.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro

Okay, so I lied... poll shows most ppl will pay the exact same thing for the car even if it had a Honda badge. They must really love their TSX! ^_^

I do and I don't even have it but CDN$36.3k + 14% tax + ~$1300 registration & $200 auto pak policy... nah, I'll spring for the BMW knowing that in 5 years I can get close to what I paid.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:26 PM
Yui
Pro

Originally Posted by helraiser
... WMD...
Roflmao.

Yeah, you make a good point. I would probably still get the TSX but I would balk at having to pay so much for it.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:37 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

It doesn't make someone an idiot for buying something that is a status symbol in addition to being practical. Plenty of people buy shirts with a little horse on the breast for $75 when you can get an equivalent garment for $30 with no horse.

I answered "yes"; I would have bought my car for the same price ($25,250) if it were badged a Honda. But it wouldn't make me quite as happy, because I do like driving an Acura. It gives it an air of luxury and exclusivity that Honda doesn't impart.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bradykp

it's like when you look at srt4 you'll think it's fast.....but it's just a Neon
who know......it'll just make it a tougher decision.

Probably would go for RSX...which was my first choice anyway
or maybe IS300....could have got it for 31K drive out

TSX VS Accord......these 2 car almost price the same
it would be really tough if they wear the same sign hahaha
However too many Accord are around and it's too big

=================
btw people are paying for Mugen or Spoon reservoir cover or oil cap watever
aren't they doing the same......name brand will effect some people
maybe not you.....if you want to change the sign to H to begin with

saved you some money to buy JDM grille eh....
Old 12-02-2005, 12:24 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by vpat25
I bought this as a prestige symbol...and because not many people have it...but if it was a Honda I would've got the regular USDM accord instead of the TSX. :why: well, it's bigger, has more horses, and costs the same. You be the judge -;-
This is the wrong car to buy for prestige since alot of people think of Acura as just supped up Honda's anyway. They don't have the same reputation and prestige as BMW or Mercedes. I love this car for what it offers, like HID's nicer looking than the USDM Accord. Even though it doesn't have as much HP compared to the USDM Accord V6 I still would've bought this car Honda or Acura. BTW there is a ton of these cars in my area (California :p) so I diffently didn't and wouldn't have bought it for that reason. Peace out u bizzy.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Another thing the TSX is considered intro luxury and not "luxury" as some other folks on here have posted.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Racer

Yes. because I love my Hondas

To whomever thinks that BMW's depreciate more slowly than Acuras is mistaken. I see just as many Edmunds 5-star depreciation ratings for Acuras/Hondas (4) as BMW's (3). Actually there are more 5-star depreciation ratings for Toyota/Lexus than anyone else.
Old 12-02-2005, 01:19 AM
no0bIe

Originally Posted by pcdawg
Yes....reason i bought this car than the Accord is that I like the styling on this a whole lot better than the current accord.
I certainly agree!!!
Old 12-02-2005, 05:29 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kaliraver69
This is the wrong car to buy for prestige since alot of people think of Acura as just supped up Honda's anyway. They don't have the same reputation and prestige as BMW or Mercedes. I love this car for what it offers, like HID's nicer looking than the USDM Accord. Even though it doesn't have as much HP compared to the USDM Accord V6 I still would've bought this car Honda or Acura. BTW there is a ton of these cars in my area (California :p) so I diffently didn't and wouldn't have bought it for that reason. Peace out u bizzy.
I always shake my head when I see people so bluntly admiting they buy something for the social status it conveys. They will readily shell out a few extra grans (sometimes BIG money) just hoping that what they bought will boost their ego. Nothing practical or could care less if it was. Just air, just flattery, just need to show themselves.

Sorry but that is just being plain shallow. Sure sucks to be them. Cost a big bang for zero boom.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:43 AM
Still Lovin my 06

not an investment

Originally Posted by helraiser
Damn kid... when you buy a car you've gotta realize that all it is is a liability. You want it to depreciate as slowly and little as possible. Rather than compare it to a BMW let's put a Kia badge on it or hell a Ford badge. Would you still pay that much knowing that once you drive it off the lot you instantly loose ~25% of what you paid for it?

Frankly if everything was the same and it had an H instead of an A I wouldn't buy it at the price I paid, heck no.

One last thing, welcome to the world of luxury cars. The Acura line is the luxury car line of Honda. You ARE paying for the name. Just like the BMW, Lexus, Infinity, Lamborghini, etc. You ARE looking at a luxury car hence you are paying essentially for the badge and the title of driving a luxury car. Remove it and tag on like I said, a Kia badge instead. Remember we're talking the family tag not the model.

Your comparison of buying a 3 series and then getting the M3 badge is inacurate. Now if you bought a 3 series BMW but BMW had another "economy line" known as WMD, would you pay the same amount for the vehicle knowing that across the lot you could get the same one 'cept with a higher value? Think about that for a sec...

You've gotta remember that the poll did call for just the badge being changed and even though most ppl voted yes I'm sure the majority of people won't pay what they did for the North American classification of the Honda - ie. not as high a class as Acura.

a car is not an investment, and if you buy it thinking in such a way, you're gonna be disappointed no matter what you get. but i see your point when you say a kia badge, but that wasnt the question. honda's hold their value pretty well too. but i'm not buying this car thinking "what am i gonna get in 3 years when i sell" i'm thinking, damn, this car has everything i want at a reasonable price....i'll buy it. if it had a kia badge on it, i still love the car. it's sweet.

i know the differences between the brands, i'm not stupid, but the question really is: is this car really worth $29,000 to you, no matter what the badge is. to me, compared to other cars in that range, the answer is YES.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I would have bought the 2006 V6 Accord instead of the 2006 TSX for sure. Why? The 2006 V6 Accord has more HP, V6, priced around the same, new redesign, and LED taillights. Honestly, the only thing the TSX got is the Acura badge and some more creature comforts that doesn't really justify the price difference IF it is a Honda. I am not saying ALL but I know alot of people buy the TSX because it is an Acura. Those people will never even cross shop the Accord because it's a Honda. I am sorry, but alot of people in this society are vain and shallow. I am one of them.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
tsx interior yes
accord interior no
Old 12-02-2005, 08:05 AM
send me a link to JDM??

*Beep* joerockt and jlukja please come to thread 27050, thank you.

See... told ya so
http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...8&page=6&pp=25

Quick Reply: If the TSX had a Honda badge instead of an Acura badge, would you have bought one?