How much for paint repair on the front end

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
How much for paint repair on the front end

my tsx have about 10 chip marks on the hood and about 5 on the front bumper. how much (roughly) will it cost to have this repaired? the reason why i want to do this because i want to get the clear bra. my car is only 7k miles so theres not much damage. an estimate would be good enough. thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
my tsx have about 10 chip marks on the hood and about 5 on the front bumper. how much (roughly) will it cost to have this repaired? the reason why i want to do this because i want to get the clear bra. my car is only 7k miles so theres not much damage. an estimate would be good enough. thanks
To be done right, I think they'd have to paint the bumper and the hood. You'd be in 4 figures I'm sure. Why bother? If you have to paint them anyway, you might as well wait a few years and have it done then (and maybe someone will hit you between now and then and insurance will pay for it)(kind of kidding, but I'd say you missed your window).
Old 03-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMO, you still have time to get your bumper and fenders clear bra'd. it might be too late for your hood.

what I would do if I were you is buy touch up paint and touch up the areas of your bumper that have been chipped and get that and your fenders clear bra'd immediately.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:05 AM
where is my garage?!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Simba91102
To be done right, I think they'd have to paint the bumper and the hood. You'd be in 4 figures I'm sure. Why bother? If you have to paint them anyway, you might as well wait a few years and have it done then (and maybe someone will hit you between now and then and insurance will pay for it)(kind of kidding, but I'd say you missed your window).

agreed. i had my bumper, bumper lip, and rear fender/pillar (gas lid side) repainted from someone who hit-and-run me in a parking lot.

cost me $900 and change out-of-pocket.

your hood and front bumper would probably be in that ball park. i would just grin and bear it. then get it repainted down the road when you have a substantial amount of damage from chips or an accident. it's honda/acura paint. it's gonna happen.