How far in advance do you need to book your loaner car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 03:38 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How far in advance do you need to book your loaner car?

Hi everyone.

I was wondering what your experiences were with getting loaner cars from the dealership when your Acura is in for service.

I was told by the service manager that you had to make a service appointment at least 2-3 weeks beforehand to be given a loaner car. Is this typical of your experience?

Also, I wonder if I owned an RL instead of a TSX, would I get a loaner car sooner?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:22 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by jehcooper
Hi everyone.

I was wondering what your experiences were with getting loaner cars from the dealership when your Acura is in for service.

I was told by the service manager that you had to make a service appointment at least 2-3 weeks beforehand to be given a loaner car. Is this typical of your experience?

Also, I wonder if I owned an RL instead of a TSX, would I get a loaner car sooner?
I really do not think owners of RL's will get a loaner car sooner than a tsx owner. the dealer has a certain amount of loaner cars-the ones that people reserve and a then the emergency ones. They are for cars that have a break-down and the owner needs a loaner car. (I hope you get what I mean). I never had to wait that long for a loaner car but then again my good friend is the service manager. I do know that I do have to reserve one when I need one. they do not like to give loaner cars for oil changes since that is an express service.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:05 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
I really do not think owners of RL's will get a loaner car sooner than a tsx owner. the dealer has a certain amount of loaner cars-the ones that people reserve and a then the emergency ones. They are for cars that have a break-down and the owner needs a loaner car. (I hope you get what I mean). I never had to wait that long for a loaner car but then again my good friend is the service manager. I do know that I do have to reserve one when I need one. they do not like to give loaner cars for oil changes since that is an express service.
one more thing-some dealers do not use their cars and rent them for their customers from a car rental co. such as enterprise. they pay for them.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by jehcooper
Hi everyone.

If my car has to go in for something that is going to take a good portion of the day I just call the dealership and they tell me the first time they have available with a loaner. Sometimes that is the next day and other times it is a week away. I too dont think that acura plays favorites with who gets loaners, just of matter of availability. I drive a TL so what do I know.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I drive a '04 TSX.. and it has ranged from 2 days to 2 weeks for a loaner
Old 08-28-2007, 11:42 AM
Pro

unless you go to paragon acura.. when you make an appointment for a loaner 1 month in advance with their schedule clear for 2 weeks, you only get a ford focus
Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 PM
Racer

Wow at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly VA, I get a loaner on the spot for service as small as an oil change.

They even give me a loaner when I bring in my 2000 grey market Integra Type-R for an oil change.

Gotta love good service!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Instructor

Loaner cars are essentially a wholly-determined practice per dealership, so the possibilities run the gamut. There are even dealerships which do not give out loaners... period. (Instead, they may have a shuttle van which takes you to, and picks you up from, a destination within a reasonable distance.) YMMV.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It depends on the dealership. Once I went to Miami Acura and I booked the loaner four days in advance and got a TL. The second at Fountain Acura in Orlando I had to wait two weeks and I got an RDX.