how does the imobilizer work?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 04:51 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how does the imobilizer work?

ok.i have an 05 tsx and i am thinking about finding an 04 ecu and having that reflashed with my key and imobilizer. does this mean that my stock 05 ecu will no longer work with my key or keys?.(so when i bring the car in to the Dealership they wont ever know i have an 04 ecu) do all my keys work with the reflashed ecu and or stock ECU>sorry i am taking the safe route. and asking alot of ? but last but not least. does the 05 ecu have any chance of being reflashed in the future.date? thanks all TSX and car lovers.i dont know what i would do in MS without ya'll
Old 04-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by acuratsxms
ok.i have an 05 tsx and i am thinking about finding an 04 ecu and having that reflashed with my key and imobilizer. does this mean that my stock 05 ecu will no longer work with my key or keys?.(so when i bring the car in to the Dealership they wont ever know i have an 04 ecu) do all my keys work with the reflashed ecu and or stock ECU>sorry i am taking the safe route. and asking alot of ? but last but not least. does the 05 ecu have any chance of being reflashed in the future.date? thanks all TSX and car lovers.i dont know what i would do in MS without ya'll
Are you talking about you want to get an 04 ECU so that Hondata can reflash it? I think they are coming out with an 05 reflash, if it hasn't already come out.

The engine immobilizer basically tells the engine "dont start".
Once you stick your key in, the key will disable the immobilizer.
Then your engine will start as normal.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Got Ramen?

Case in point: my spare secondary key for some reason must have resetted itself so now it won't start my accord. wen u turn the ignition, the starter just keeps chugging away. it would have cost me $135 to get a new key replaced and reprogrammed at Honda, but i decided not to.

i sold my car to Carmax yesterday and they just so happened to use tat key and they couldnt get it started and i was worried they wouldnt take my car in anymore or at least, charge me to get it fixed...but they used the main key and will fix it...phew...tats $135 i saved haha
Old 04-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Advanced

well i have an 05 and i want to get a reflash from hondata. i called them today and they said that it is not out yet or when it will be. i really want to get this reflash so i might go with an 04 ecu and have that relashed but wonderened if all my keys etc would work.
Old 04-28-2005, 12:22 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by acuratsxms
well i have an 05 and i want to get a reflash from hondata. i called them today and they said that it is not out yet or when it will be. i really want to get this reflash so i might go with an 04 ecu and have that relashed but wonderened if all my keys etc would work.
Nah,... if i were you i'd wait for the 05 reflash to come out.
They are fairly similar ECU's so i'm sure that it wont take long for them to come out with the 05 reflash.
If yuo're still in the "warranty" phase of your new TSX, i'd wait for the 05 to come out. You dont want to have a warranty issue come up and have your ECU be from an 04.