Hope to be TSX Owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hope to be TSX Owner

HI there,

I'm new to the forums here and I'm considering purchasing a TSX here in the near future. I've already done a ton of research and the TSX seems to be the best deal when it comes to features and price. I went to the dealer yesterday to get a demo on the navigation system and to drive the 6-speed manual transmission again.

I must say, this car is serioulsy awesome. I'm driving a 1996 Accord DX right now, so I don't have any options like power windows/locks, or cruise control. After driving the TSX the stick in my Accord felt like a broom stick and the clutch felt like the brake pedal.

My question here is, are there any things I should defintately considering getting, or things I should avoid? Right now I'm looking at an '05, Navi, Blue, 6MT. I like the look of the rear wing, but I'm not sure if its worth the extra $600. What about this fender well trim and door edge trim? Any other options I should consider?

The dealer says they are expecting the 2005 TSXs to arrive on Nov. 11th or 12th.

Thanks!
Old 10-31-2004, 03:46 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Celeron
HI there,

I'm new to the forums here and I'm considering purchasing a TSX here in the near future. I've already done a ton of research and the TSX seems to be the best deal when it comes to features and price. I went to the dealer yesterday to get a demo on the navigation system and to drive the 6-speed manual transmission again.

I must say, this car is serioulsy awesome. I'm driving a 1996 Accord DX right now, so I don't have any options like power windows/locks, or cruise control. After driving the TSX the stick in my Accord felt like a broom stick and the clutch felt like the brake pedal.

My question here is, are there any things I should defintately considering getting, or things I should avoid? Right now I'm looking at an '05, Navi, Blue, 6MT. I like the look of the rear wing, but I'm not sure if its worth the extra $600. What about this fender well trim and door edge trim? Any other options I should consider?

The dealer says they are expecting the 2005 TSXs to arrive on Nov. 11th or 12th.

Thanks!

If you are willing to do a little handi work yourself, you can probably find the same spoiler made by an aftermarket manufacture, for a hella cheaper price. Ive seen them on ebay for about 200 painted, not sure on the quality of those, but might be an alternative.
Old 10-31-2004, 03:54 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
imo, i'd say skip the spoiler and use the saved $$$ on the oem bodykit/suspension
Old 10-31-2004, 04:28 PM
Hondaholic

There are a couple of Acura dealers who sell most Acura OEM accessories at a decent savings over what most dealers charge.

I have dealt with Acura of Escondido and they are exceptional. Here's a link to their auction for the OEM wing.....

AofEParts on eBay

Installation of the wing is relatively staightforward but does require drilling your car. If the dealer was giving it to for $600 installed, and you're not comfortable with the drilling, I'd just let them do it. If they're looking for more $ to install it, you're better off getting form AofE and finding a body shop to throw it on........

Good luck with the purchase. I'm wondering who will be the first to post pics of an '05.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:18 AM
nothing but acura

when i was working numbers with my acura dealer, i got them to put the spoiler on for $200. They still make quite a profit (the cost to them is 100 painted i'm pretty sure). my dad tried to explain that by paying that 200 more we were actually paying less, which is fine by me since i got a spoiler. but do mention that to them, and there is a good chance they will work with you to lower the price of the acura spoiler.
Old 11-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mg7726
imo, i'd say skip the spoiler and use the saved $$$ on the oem bodykit/suspension

Use the money you will save and do another type of mod.
Old 11-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Registered Loser

Keep the deal simple

To get the best deal, keep it simple. Pick your color, tranny and then decide on navi vs no navi. Anything else you can do aftermarket, after you've had the car and figured out what's next. And make sure it's a car he has on the lot, that he's paying interest on and will unload for <500 over invoice.
All the other stuff in the deal is a distraction and won't help you get a better deal; just lose sight of what you're actually paying. They will try like hell to sell you mudflaps, spoilers, hood-mounted cannon, etc. (all that crap), but it's staggeringly overpriced plastic, that you could probably get on eBay significantly cheaper.