Honda = Bad Luck?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006 | 08:24 PM
No-navi, yo

Faith cannot be proved nor be disproved. And faith works in mysterious ways. If you believe that Honda has been bad luck for you personally, you should consider switching to another brand of vehicle.

I, too, think things usually happen for a reason, and there are lessons to be learned in each. Though, life is full of randomness at the same time.
Old 11-21-2006 | 07:36 AM
Racer

Talking

I'm not sure what to think........, but what I do know.... is this is getting annoying......., im tryin to go this year without any incidents......, considering I had three last year... well I didnt but my car did...., never thought Id be sayin that......, and as far as:

"Faith cannot be proved nor be disproved. And faith works in mysterious ways. If you believe that Honda has been bad luck for you personally, you should consider switching to another brand of vehicle I, too, think things usually happen for a reason, and there are lessons to be learned in each."

I think its a little less of this and a little more of this......,

" Though, life is full of randomness at the same time."
Old 11-21-2006 | 01:11 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by jdepasqu2
...considering I had three last year...

Question.

If you had 3 accidents in the same year but not your fault, did they still raise your insurance premium?
Old 11-21-2006 | 01:33 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by bz268
Question.

If you had 3 accidents in the same year but not your fault, did they still raise your insurance premium?
nooo..
Old 11-22-2006 | 07:57 AM
Racer

I didnt claim the first two med to large dents I got from someone else in parking lots. The first was really fucked up....., a football sized dent in my passenger quarter panel that didnt scratch the paint. (someone either just punched/slaped my car or some soccer mom backed her spare into it) The next was from someone opening ther car door hard into the same part of my car....., this did brake the paint....... And finally the last is when i was rear-ended by a van on an interstate..., on the way to work in the morning..... bumper, trunk....,dented in wher my trunk lid seals to the unibody....., lights may be broken..., not sure until I take it apart and fix it......, Adjuster put it at $3,300 in damage so im getting it fixed once my carbon fiber trunk lid comes in in say oh........, 4- 6 weeks......., Ill be taking care of everything...., paintless dent removal for the first dent, some touch up for the bumper and quarter panel........, worked out in the end though......, ill have everything fixed...., with a rental car......, plus I got a carbon fiber trunk lid out of it........, Just sucks u have to drive around for a while with your car all nutzed up....

Oh yah....., and as for the insurance......., nothing went up....., because i never claimed anything.........., I other guys insurance took the brunt of that......., I was really reluctant to get my car fixed any time soon because I just felt like it wouldnt matter and that I would just get hit again (drive in alot of traffic and at rush hour)......, I was in PA when that happened...., and Ive heard that if I was in NJ that it would have been no ones fault and I would have to have gone through my own insurance....., (no fault when it comes to rear-ending someone)......., that would have pissed me off beyond belief........, so careful in NJ if thats true...... .........,
Old 11-22-2006 | 01:00 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by jdepasqu2
I didnt claim the first two...
So, you have 1 accident.

From what I've heard, they say that if I have 2 accidents within a year, they will raise my premium automatically even it is not my fault. Because they say I may be staging the accidents to make money.

Is that truth?

anyway... they gave me another crappy Neon. <g> this crap can barely merge to the freeway safely... I floor the crappy Dodge and it punches to 4000 rpm and that's about it. It doesn't seem to go any faster.

When it reaches 70mph, the stupid thing starts bouncing up and down. <G> So, I take a look at the tires. I can see the wires... hope it can make it through a week or 2...
Old 11-22-2006 | 01:21 PM
Is waiting in

written off as totaled?
Old 11-22-2006 | 01:28 PM
Team Owner

Just as bad as the guy that punched his trunk.

Old 11-22-2006 | 03:56 PM
Because Of You

Talking

Originally Posted by rex.
Well... this is not about accident or getting hit. It is about luck with Honda product. You know Ford is crap. But if people tell you that ever since they've got a crappy Ford, they have been winning the lottery more often then anybody else who drives a Honda.

For example, my friend buys only Nissan. He wins the lottery big and small every couple weeks by no unknown reason at all.

Will you see the Ford/Nissan differently?

Now... instead of winning lottery... I got hit three times in a roll totaling all my Honda.. from Civic to Accord to TSX...

There has got to be something wrong with driving a Honda.
Old 11-22-2006 | 05:19 PM
Team Owner

I think you need to get some therapy help. Really.
Old 11-22-2006 | 05:27 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by bz268
Well... this is not about accident or getting hit. It is about luck with Honda product. You know Ford is crap. But if people tell you that ever since they've got a crappy Ford, they have been winning the lottery more often then anybody else who drives a Honda.

For example, my friend buys only Nissan. He wins the lottery big and small every couple weeks by no unknown reason at all.

Will you see the Ford/Nissan differently?

Now... instead of winning lottery... I got hit three times in a roll totaling all my Honda.. from Civic to Accord to TSX...

There has got to be something wrong with driving a Honda.
I'd look more at the person behind the wheel than at the vehicle brand.

And no, I wouldn't see Ford/Nissan differently, as I know that vehicle brand has NOTHING TO DO WITH winning the lottery or whatever other random events to which you want to attribute it.

If you really need to assign an outside force, how about "god hates you"?

It's not clear by your example, but if you really do have a friend like that, why don't you try buying a Nissan. You might start winning the lottery.
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:38 AM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by EuRTSX
I think you need to get some therapy help. Really.
You don't know what Prozac is, do you?
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:44 AM
Team Owner

Yeah I know what it is. It's the same shit Tyson uses to calm himself. Apparently you're taking the wrong shit.
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:50 AM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by swirlie
If you really need to assign an outside force, how about "god hates you"?
That thought did cross my mind. but I think my mom hates me more. Hahaha!!! this is a good line... let me write it down before I forget...
Old 11-23-2006 | 01:54 AM
Because Of You

Yeah I know what it is. It's the same shit Tyson uses to calm himself. Apparently you're taking the wrong shit.
I knew it. I shouldn't order that from Canada!!! hahaha!
Old 11-26-2006 | 04:51 PM
Nikonian

Hey I think you are right. I had an accord a few years ago and it got hit a few times. And now with my two month old TSX, some asshat in a trailer hit my front bumper leaving a few scratches. Maybe I should have gotten a Lexus IS.

In any case, thanks for the entertainment.
Old 11-26-2006 | 10:54 PM
Because Of You

Originally Posted by cheese
[COLOR=Red]...Maybe I should have gotten a Lexus IS.

In any case, thanks for the entertainment.
Thanks! I always want to be a comedian and make fun of myself... and especially my grandma. hehehe...

I talked to one of my friends this morning. He told me that he could get a brand new IS250 directly from the port for $24,000-$25,000. But you have to pay the full amount up front at the port. I didn't have anymore detail. But I could imagine that the car would be dirty and crappy straight out from the cargo ship in the port. As I said before, I didn't know the detail or what kind of paper work was needed.

Anyway... I don't know why everytime I go to Enterprise they always give me a old yunk car that is not safe to drive. (never happen when I go to Budget. for the same price Budget always gives me a brand new car that is loaded)

I returned the crappy Dodge. The tires were about to blow (wire coming out) and the transmission began to make burning smell. I didn't think the Neon could last for a week or so. Guess what they replaced? A beat-up Kia Rio! I was like riding on a old mattress. I could hear the squeezing noise all over the car. Just like the noise from people having sex on a old mattress in a movie. Squeee cha... squeee cha... squeee cha... ahahaha!!! <G>

However!!!! I had to say the Rio was 100% better than the crappy Dodge.

The Kia was very comfy and easy to drive. The turning ratio was absolutely amazing! I always had problem parking my TSX. The Kia was a snap! And there was no blind spot in the Kia. I could not see squash in the Dodge. The side mirrors in the Dodge were unbelievable small (like the one in the M3).

The interior was 200% better than the Dodge. I needed to hunt down the switches in the Dodge all the time. The switches were right there where they should be in the Kia. The worst of the worst in the Dodge was that it didn't have a sunglasses holder. All the holders (holes) were all the way on the floor in the Dodge. <G>!!! Can you imagine you need to reach down the floor to look for your things all the time while you are driving? The Kia came with sunglasses holder and 4 cup holders and other holes that were really usable. The stupid Dodge came with alot of holes but they were too small to put anything.

Merging to the freeway with the Kia took a little bit to get used to. It was like driving a Kart. I was like... what the heck... needed to put the petal to the metal before this crap could go up to 60mph. And it was very easy to over steer the Kia... well just like Kart... hehe... Kinda fun...

Bottonline... if I just need a cheap car to go around, I will not mind to get a Kia.
Old 11-26-2006 | 11:29 PM
Team Owner

Then get a Kia and get rid of all your troubles.
Old 11-26-2006 | 11:48 PM
Because Of You

Then get a Kia and get rid of all your troubles.
sound like you need some of my Prozac to claim u down... hahahaha!!!