HID looking backup lights light recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID looking backup lights light recommendation?

I got a pair of superbrightLEDs.com's WLED-WHP LED lights for the license plate lights. Me likes! Now I'd like to get a pair of backup lights that match the light color of those bulbs. Can anyone recommend any? Are there some on SuperBrightLEDs.com that would be a perfect match?

Also, I'd like to change he fog light bulbs to sorta match the HIDs. I've been seeing alot of recommendations for the Hoen H11s. Would you recommend these? If so, from where, best price, etc? Do they last long?

And last but not least I'm also considering changing the interior dome, trunk, door, and glove compartment bulbs to match all the other HID looking LEDs. My concern is it will look kinda like like flurescent bulb like in the car and look like crap. Also it may be too bright. Has anyone done this or does anyone have any opinions if this is a good mod or not?

Sorry for all the questions and rambling..
At work and trying to type this out quick before I have to actually work. :-b
Old 11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
SMT 2's from autolumination, a lot of the guys over on the TL board are using them with great results.

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

There is lots of good information in this thread as well.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...autolumination

Originally Posted by KidQwik
I got a pair of superbrightLEDs.com's WLED-WHP LED lights for the license plate lights. Me likes! Now I'd like to get a pair of backup lights that match the light color of those bulbs. Can anyone recommend any? Are there some on SuperBrightLEDs.com that would be a perfect match?

Also, I'd like to change he fog light bulbs to sorta match the HIDs. I've been seeing alot of recommendations for the Hoen H11s. Would you recommend these? If so, from where, best price, etc? Do they last long?

And last but not least I'm also considering changing the interior dome, trunk, door, and glove compartment bulbs to match all the other HID looking LEDs. My concern is it will look kinda like like flurescent bulb like in the car and look like crap. Also it may be too bright. Has anyone done this or does anyone have any opinions if this is a good mod or not?

Sorry for all the questions and rambling..
Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
B A N N E D

http://autolumination.com/7443_7440.htm

get the 36 led super white led bulb size 7440 for the reverse lights i have these bulbs for about 3 months no issues ...just amazing visability at night time when backing up..ive also noticed people tend to stare at my car a lot when backing out of a parking spot at night...bit pricey for light bulbs but helps alot when you have 5% tint all around like i do..especially at night
Old 11-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I used a 7443 from superbright LEDs and bent the pins around so that all the LEDS were at max light. So its like your brake lights with the pedal depressed when you put the car into reverse.

The ones from the TL forum look great too.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:54 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by KidQwik
... And last but not least I'm also considering changing the interior dome, trunk, door, and glove compartment bulbs to match all the other HID looking LEDs. My concern is it will look kinda like like flurescent bulb like in the car and look like crap. Also it may be too bright. Has anyone done this or does anyone have any opinions if this is a good mod or not?
Personally, I wouldn't put bright LEDs in the interior, unless you're going to go for a mod like the guy who redesigned his whole apartment in ST: TNG style.

In my avionics training, the appeal of LEDs was that they work on low power, produce low heat, and provide very steady reliable light. But are they better for visibility? :P For lights near me, I prefer the softer, incandescent light. The glove box might benefit from brighter light in there, but I don't need a brightly lit compartment there. If anything, I might prefer blue lighting inside like the accent lights, but some guests might wonder WTF's up with that. At times, you want a nice, gentle white light to see what you're doing.

Now ... where a brighter LED might be handy is in the courtesy (door) lights, port and starboard. Make it so?

Lumbergh says Yeeeaaaahhh you're going to have to go ahead and get back to work now. Didja get that memo?
Old 11-06-2007, 01:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I'd also go with brighter LED's for the vanity lights........ but not the interior lights.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by The Dougler
SMT 2's from autolumination, a lot of the guys over on the TL board are using them with great results.

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

There is lots of good information in this thread as well.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...autolumination

Do the TLs use 194s as backup lights and TSX 7440s? From what I read with the 2nd link you gave above, the guy recommended the 194s(#5s) for the backup lights. Do the TLs use 194s for backup lights and the TSX 7440s?
Old 11-06-2007, 04:01 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
I'd also go with brighter LED's for the vanity lights........ but not the interior lights.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. I mean maybe for the mirror lights because when you use them you normally don't have the dome light on and would then have two different type of lights shining in your car at the same time and that would look really cheap. Maybe the LEDs for the glove, trunk and vanity mirrors but not for the dome or door lights. Trying to be consistent with the bulbs when they are lit up with various other bulbs at the same time is important. Have incandescent and LED on at the same time just would look bad in my opinion.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:35 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 2007CGPTSX
http://autolumination.com/7443_7440.htm

get the 36 led super white led bulb size 7440 for the reverse lights i have these bulbs for about 3 months no issues ...just amazing visability at night time when backing up..ive also noticed people tend to stare at my car a lot when backing out of a parking spot at night...bit pricey for light bulbs but helps alot when you have 5% tint all around like i do..especially at night
EDIT BY MOD: Watch your GD posts and attacks on other's comments.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
925tsx, your on notice, useless comments like your last one puts you in line for a vacation.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:24 AM
B A N N E D

Guys, relax, he is my cousin.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
You're still accountable. Don't let others post with your login, then you won't get booted for unacceptable postings. Problem solved.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:38 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by LoveMyTSX
I did the opposite. Went with white LED's for the dome lights, which do a great job making the black and faux aluminum interior look more steely blue, versus the dull yellow/brown that incandescents cast. I get to see and enjoy this each and every time I enter and exit my car...I didn't bother with the vanity lights or glovebox light since those are rarely ever used. Plus, the softer, yellower light of the incandescent bulbs are actually more natural looking and less harsh (and less blinding) for primping and preening your (or your signif other's) pretty little face that's mere inches away from the light and vanity mirror. I did initially put in LED's (6 LED "high flux", IIRC) into the front map lights that were WAY too bright, but work great in that single dome light in the back. In the end single LED "Superstar" LED's worked great in the front map lights.