Hey Canadians, how's this price sound?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 10:23 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Great Isite!!!

Hi All,

N00b posting for the first time. I stumbled upon this website and it is awesome. I am doing a lot of research before I plan to get a new car and I plan to get a TSX in the not so distant future. I am wondering if there are any people from Winnipeg and if they would divulge the price that they paid or the price I could expect to pay here in WPG. I believe there is only one dealer so, there is not much competition. So far from this thread it looks like I will pay ~33,300 (invoice) + 1200 (P&D) + Taxes (14%) + some profit for the poor dealer in total around 39,000. Does that sound about right. I plan to get fogs and a remote start for the crazy long winters. Also when do the 06s start rolling out. recall, I am a N00b . Sorry for the long post.

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2005, 07:02 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dP-
FYI guys, there's a $1000 rebate on navi since they're not moving them. That would also aid in the negotiations... Found this out from another member and confirmed through the carcostcanada quote by a member from another forum.
I can confirm that as well... I paid C$41,500 for a 6MT w/ Navi. This is out the door price w/ all fees and Ontario taxes included.

rtyk
Old 06-25-2005, 11:13 AM
dP-
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rtyk
I can confirm that as well... I paid C$41,500 for a 6MT w/ Navi. This is out the door price w/ all fees and Ontario taxes included.

rtyk
You got a wicked deal. What dealer did you go to and did you negotiate hard/have invoice pricing going in?
Old 06-25-2005, 11:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dP-
You got a wicked deal. What dealer did you go to and did you negotiate hard/have invoice pricing going in?
It's Acura in Markham. A friend got me a best quote of $42,500 from somewhere else but then I heard about the $1,000 Nav rebate. So I put an offer in for $41,500 and was accepted.

Dealt with Aubrey...very nice guy!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:05 PM
10th Gear

I am soon to be a new TSX owner (Thursday Pickup) !! The deal I managed to negotiate came to $34,467.00 plus 7% GST out the door ($36,880 total). This is for a 6MT non-navi model. This price includes block heater, mud guards, wheel locks and all season floor mats. How did I do?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Instructor

Just picked mine up today. Too bad it was raining as soon as I drove it off the lot.
$34,679 before taxes and freight.
6 MT with NAVI. The finance manager and 2 other sales people said I got a wicked deal.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
Instructor

damn...you guys are getting good deals!!!!!
Old 06-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Toms TeeSX
Just picked mine up today. Too bad it was raining as soon as I drove it off the lot.
$34,679 before taxes and freight.
6 MT with NAVI. The finance manager and 2 other sales people said I got a wicked deal.
That's an incredible deal for the Navi!!

I'm embarrassed to say that I paid MSRP ($34,800) back in April 03 - although, the model was just being intro'd....
Old 07-02-2005, 04:36 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by tulsah
I am soon to be a new TSX owner (Thursday Pickup) !! The deal I managed to negotiate came to $34,467.00 plus 7% GST out the door ($36,880 total). This is for a 6MT non-navi model. This price includes block heater, mud guards, wheel locks and all season floor mats. How did I do?
I did manage to pick up the TSX on Thursday, as planned. So far it has been nothing but fun to drive. I can't wait until I am comfortably through the break-in period. It had a whole 3km on the odo when I picked it up.

The only bit of regret that I have is that when I look at the new TSX alongside of my 2005 MDX Tech (4 months old!), I can't help but see the NSX that could have been.

Next time!!
Old 07-03-2005, 02:23 AM
TSX-y

At long last I finally got my TSX yesterday. All I can say is that i'm in aw everytime I get into the driver seat. This is by far the best purchase i've ever made, and for a first car I think I did great

I paid $38,435 for my 6MT no-navi after all taxes (GST, PDI+Freight, Air, Tire, etc...). I also qualified for the $750 grad rebate. The following extras are included in that price:

- 2 Free oil changes
- Mud guards
- Wheel locks
- Trunk Tray
- All season mats
- Stone guard (clear bra)
- Under coating (rust protection)
- $1500 in dealership discount (upto $750 savings towards future servicing. Each dollar I saved can be put towards the purchase of a new car. One dollar saved = One dollar towards a new car)

For those of you that live in Edmonton, I recommend you go to Westside Acura. Southview Acura left a bad taste in my mouth after I tried to get them to match the Westside deal. The person helping me took my offer to the manager, came back two seconds later to say they couldn't do it, and then proceded rip the offer up in front of my face. He also went on to say that if it was Saturday and I asked for a deal/discount then he wouldn't have even bothered to deal with me.

For someone that's worked in car sales for 20+ years, he seemed like an amateur. As I was leaving he came by and told me that once I buy the car from Westside, then I can go to Southview for all my maintenance work.... yaaaaaa right!!!

WG
Old 07-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Advanced

Any other case of the $1,000 rebate on the Navi? With this incentive, I might have to get it

Should be making a move at the end of the month. Any feedback appreciated
Old 07-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Intermediate

dealership?

Tulsah: sweet price , which dealership did you purchase from?

I'm looking to buy a 6mt non-navi in the next month or so

Old 07-10-2005, 10:32 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by fury
Tulsah: sweet price , which dealership did you purchase from?

I'm looking to buy a 6mt non-navi in the next month or so

I picked it up at Silverhill Acura in Calgary. I have bought both of my Acuras from them this year, and have found that if you do your homework and know the costs going in, you can get a fairly reasonable deal. Right or wrong, I have never played them against another dealership. They have always been my first and only stop as I always got straight answers and a price that fell in line with what I had calculated. Good Luck.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Instructor

Hey, tulsah, welcome to the club. I just picked one up from Silverhill too.

Did your $34,467 include all of their little fees they add on in the business office when you pick it up (like the $299 registration fee, the tire and a/c taxes, etc. etc.)? If so, then you got a slightly better deal than me. If not, then we're even.

I got the same car with the same stuff thrown in, and I paid them $34,500 including freight & PDI, but excluding GST and all those little surprise fees.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:36 PM
Racer

Does anyone know the invoice for the navi and does the rebate still apply? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weirdg
Hey,

I went to my local dealership the other day, and I was able to get them down to $38400 after all applicable taxes (gst, pdi, freight, etc...). Is that a good price for a 2005 TSX w/Auto and no Navi?

Let me know.

Thanks,
WG.
r u guys serious, that price sucks, I was looking at a band new one with nav and everything for $29000
Old 07-14-2005, 07:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by wclark
r u guys serious, that price sucks, I was looking at a band new one with nav and everything for $29000
I think you missed the start of this thread. In this thread we're talking about prices in Canada, in CAD, not in USD.

Using today's rate, USD29,000=CAD35,165.

I will grant you that even CAD35,165 is probably a bit less than what we'd have to pay up here for fully loaded w/ Nav, but it's not what you're thinking.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:37 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cconrad
I think you missed the start of this thread. In this thread we're talking about prices in Canada, in CAD, not in USD.

Using today's rate, USD29,000=CAD35,165.

I will grant you that even CAD35,165 is probably a bit less than what we'd have to pay up here for fully loaded w/ Nav, but it's not what you're thinking.
oh ok that helps, they were using the dollar sign "$" so I thought it was USD
Old 07-14-2005, 10:12 PM
10th Gear

Hey, tulsah, welcome to the club. I just picked one up from Silverhill too.

Did your $34,467 include all of their little fees they add on in the business office when you pick it up (like the $299 registration fee, the tire and a/c taxes, etc. etc.)? If so, then you got a slightly better deal than me. If not, then we're even.

I got the same car with the same stuff thrown in, and I paid them $34,500 including freight & PDI, but excluding GST and all those little surprise fees.

cconrad,

You're correct - the price I paid was $33,267 + $1,200 freight & PDI + 7% GST. This was my out the door price including all dealer fees, taxes and other 'surprises'. I am reasonably pleased with the price. Of course, for a while I had hopes of doing better as this is my second vehicle purchase from Silverhill in a period of 4 months. Hardly matters now though because the car is great. I live in Lethbridge, and had only ever seen 1 other TSX, but have not seen any for at least 3 months now.
Old 07-15-2005, 12:13 AM
Instructor

Unhappy

cconrad,

You're correct - the price I paid was $33,267 + $1,200 freight & PDI + 7% GST. This was my out the door price including all dealer fees, taxes and other 'surprises'. I am reasonably pleased with the price. Of course, for a while I had hopes of doing better as this is my second vehicle purchase from Silverhill in a period of 4 months. Hardly matters now though because the car is great. I live in Lethbridge, and had only ever seen 1 other TSX, but have not seen any for at least 3 months now.
Huh. How did you convince them not to tack on all their other little surprise fees afterward? I made my deal ($33,000 + $1200 + GST), and then at delivery they added on the $299 registration fee, some other $100 fee, etc., and told me there was no way around those. Maybe they were pissed that they weren't getting my trade-in? Oh well, I came close.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:55 AM
TSX-y

Huh. How did you convince them not to tack on all their other little surprise fees afterward? I made my deal ($33,000 + $1200 + GST), and then at delivery they added on the $299 registration fee, some other $100 fee, etc., and told me there was no way around those. Maybe they were pissed that they weren't getting my trade-in? Oh well, I came close.
I paid $37500 after all taxes. I never negotiated for just the car itself, I negotiated for the car including all the taxes.

Like I said in a previous post, I was able to get that standard stuff.... mud guards, block heater, wheel locks, and 2 free oil changes.... I was also able to get them to throw in a service card worth $1500 in savings.

For another $900 I got the all season mats, trunk tray, clear bra, and the undercoating (rust proof).

How'd I do?

WG.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:47 PM
Instructor

I think a bit better than I did. Sigh.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:03 AM
Instructor

Smile

Well, now, hold the phone... (sound of rustling papers and calculator). Okay, it looks like I paid $37,363, including all taxes and fees. And I got the standard freebies that you mentioned, except that I also got the all-season weather mats in that price, and I did not get the service card. (What is that? How does that work? How did I get one?)

Then for $888 more (including GST), I got the paint sealant, the undercoating, the interior protection, and the clear 3M bra.

(And bear in mind that the profit the dealer made was only as a result of the things they sold me, as I did not give them my trade-in.)

So, I take it back. It looks like you and I did about the same after all (whew!). Except for that service card thing. More details, please.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:09 AM
Instructor

Sorry, that should read "how do I get one" above. Obviously, I did not get one. Anyway, I realize the window for negotiation has past! Anyway, I think we both did pretty well, and since I'm a first-time Silverhill customer I feel even better.
Old 07-16-2005, 01:25 PM
TSX-y

Oh.... That service card is exclusive to Yachimec Group dealerships in Edmonton. The own the auto row in west end of the city... Nissan, Acura, Honda, Volvo, Merc, etc.....

The service card will give me discount to pretty much any maintenance I get done on my car... i.e. Oil change goes for about $31.99 regular price, but I get a discount of $12 and only have to pay $19.99.

The value of the card is only $1500, so if I use $750 worth of savings the Yachimec Group will give me $750 dollar to put towards a new car when i'm ready to buy. If I use only $100 worth of savings, then they will only give me $100 to put towards my next car.

For each $1 I save, they give me a $1 to put towards a new car, but only upto $750.

WG.
Old 07-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Instructor

Ah, interesting. I was thinking maybe it was like a straight $1500 gift card type thing toward the next $1500 of service. But discounts are good too, if you were going to go there anyway.

Anyway, yeah, I think you and I did about the same. But I think tulsah did a bit better than either of us.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:29 PM
TSX-y

Actually.... I did we did about the same as Tulsah.... keep in mind, he got a 6MT, while we, or at least I got a 5AT. The 5AT tacks on another $1000 or so.

WG
Old 07-16-2005, 11:44 PM
Instructor

No, mine was a 6MT too. And, as far as I can tell from looking at what everybody paid on the owner sign-in thread (just looking at Canadians), in practice it didn't seem people did have to pay more for the AT.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:26 AM
TSX-y

No, mine was a 6MT too. And, as far as I can tell from looking at what everybody paid on the owner sign-in thread (just looking at Canadians), in practice it didn't seem people did have to pay more for the AT.
Interesting.... cuz usually an automatic is around $1000 more then a manual.

WG.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:55 PM
2nd Gear

Hi Everyone,

I'm ready to purchase a 2005 TSX AT with no navi by the end of the month. Living in BC, this car would be subject to provincial sales tax, but I'm thinking about buying it in Alberta (where the car would not be subject to provincial sales tax) and driving it back to Vancouver.

Reading the message boards, it seems that many new owners were very pleased with their deals at both Westside Acrua in Edmonton, and Silvershill Acura in Calgary. Can anybody recommend whom to contact at either dealership? Does this strategy to save approx. $2400 in sales tax make sense?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:11 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by sharmaty
Hi Everyone,

I'm ready to purchase a 2005 TSX AT with no navi by the end of the month. Living in BC, this car would be subject to provincial sales tax, but I'm thinking about buying it in Alberta (where the car would not be subject to provincial sales tax) and driving it back to Vancouver.

Reading the message boards, it seems that many new owners were very pleased with their deals at both Westside Acrua in Edmonton, and Silvershill Acura in Calgary. Can anybody recommend whom to contact at either dealership? Does this strategy to save approx. $2400 in sales tax make sense?

I don't think that this will save you any tax at all. If you purchase in Alberta, you will be required to pay GST at the time of purchase. When you return to Vancouver and register it, you are going to be required to produce a bill of sale, proof of ownership, etc..., at which point they are going to nail you for provincial sales tax. At the same time, you may also have to endure a provincial inspection - even though the car is brand new.

Anyone else think or know this to be different?
Old 07-17-2005, 11:19 PM
10th Gear

Actually.... I did we did about the same as Tulsah.... keep in mind, he got a 6MT, while we, or at least I got a 5AT. The 5AT tacks on another $1000 or so.

WG

I think you're right in that we all did fairly well. In the end, yourself, cconrad and I are within a couple hundred dollars of each other and a few differences in accessories. I probably could have gone for another accessory, but didn't have a use for anything else at the time.

I'll continue to feel good about our pricing until I hear from someone who managed to buy an 05 6MT non navi in Calgary, with all of the previously mentioned accessories, for an out the door price of $36-36.5K.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:48 AM
Instructor

I don't think that this will save you any tax at all. ... Anyone else think or know this to be different?
Nope, I think you're right. The provinces with PST are not that stupid.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:03 AM
TSX-y

Nope, I think you're right. The provinces with PST are not that stupid.
I wonder if you can get away with it if you say it was gift from someone that lives in Alberta? How can the government charge PST on a gift given to a BC resident by someone living in Alberta?

Hmm..... Hope it all works out for you Sharmaty.

WG.
Old 07-18-2005, 03:34 PM
5th Gear

Is anyone aware of any cash-back or special incentives being offered by Acura Canada to help clear out the 2005s?
Old 07-18-2005, 03:48 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I wonder if you can get away with it if you say it was gift from someone that lives in Alberta? How can the government charge PST on a gift given to a BC resident by someone living in Alberta?

Hmm..... Hope it all works out for you Sharmaty.

WG.

A car can only be a gift from a Mother or Father. So unless one of your parents lives in Alberta it ain't happening.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:52 PM
1st Gear

I bought mine (05' Auto No Navi) for 37,500 including all taxes and p.d.i. including block heater, splash guards and no dealer add ons.
Old 07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Advanced

Anyone buy in Quebec in the last month or so??? How much did you manage to get

I'm going to 'bat' this week and would appreciate feedback

Thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 11:35 PM
2nd Gear

Thanks, guys ... the idea of buying the car in Alberta seemed like a good idea on the surface, but it seems that I'm much better off buying the car in BC after all.

Also, I appreciate everybody's input regarding price. After reading the threads carefully, would you agree that a local BC dealer should accept my "on the road" offer of $39,300 CDN (base price of $33,212 for a '05 AT no navi + $1200 for Freight and PDI, + 7% GST and 7% PST). Let me know. Thanks.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i would say $39300 is reasonable...

you might be able to take that price down a couple of 100's if you try hard enough...

Quick Reply: Hey Canadians, how's this price sound?