Help with remote FOB and address book pin

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 07:47 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with remote FOB and address book pin

Yesterday I bought a certified used 07 TSX with navigation. However, they could not find the second set of keys or remote. While completing the paperwork the salesman got me another key and programmed the remote. Everything works fine with the keys and the remotes work to lock and unlock everything. The problem I am having is that both remotes seem to be for driver 2. When I got home, one remote was giving me the unkown driver cutomize impossible in the MID and the other was recognized as driver 2. After searching and playing around with instructions I found in the forum, I managed to unlink the driver 2 remote. After searching more, I got the unknown driver remote linked up but it is now recognized as driver 2. Is there any way to switch one of the remotes to driver 1. The text on the back of the remotes is worn off so I'm not sure if they are both driver 2 or if it doesnt matter. Is there a way to unprogram the remotes and then program them again? If I did this, would the first remote programmed be recognized as driver 1 and the second recognized as driver 2.

The other problem I'm having is that the previous owner had set-up a PIN for the NAVI address book so there is no way for me to delete any addresses that were stored. I looked in the owners manual and it said if I didnt have the pin I would have to contact the dealer. Is there any way to remove the pin without having to take the car to the dealer? I tried going into the navi diagnostics and forcing it to download the navi software again but it didnt help. Any instructions would be great.

Lastly, since the car was certified, I heard that I should receive 3 free months of XM. My XM is not active. For those of you that bought certified used TSX's, did yours work right away after leaving the dealer or did it take a few days? Also, none of my sales paperwork shows that the car was certified preowned. Will I get something in the mail from Acura or should I contact the dealer? I was assured that the car was certified by the salesman, the preowned manager, and the finance manager.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Intermediate

If you don't mind me asking, how much did the tsx run you. I'm in the market for one and just wanna know what a good deal would be....
Old 03-08-2009, 10:50 PM
6th Gear

I paid $20,614 for the 2007 TSX (certified preowned) with 18,000 miles.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

Nice! Definitely a bit better than the prices I've seen. Sorry, I can't help with the question.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Sorry to tell you this, but the remotes are hard coded to Driver 1 or Driver 2. The good news is you can go on ebay and get a new Driver 1 remote for under $30 and program it yourself. It only takes a minute, and the car can store up to 3 remotes and 5 keys (or was it 4 keys.)

I got mine CPO. If it really is CPO, you should have gotten an Acura CPO checklist when you bought it. And it should have come with an extended warranty.

The XM on mine worked when I test drove it, and for about 4 months after I drove it off the lot. I'd go back to the dealer and request the paperwork for the CPO checklist, the extended warranty and the XM subscription. I'd ask them about the key fob too. Maybe they'll swap one out for a Driver 1. Never hurts to ask.