HELP! Massachusetts TSXers!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eeyore
I think I heard once that January is a very slow month at the dealers, so this may definitely work in your favor.

Just curious, what are your reasons for getting rid of your Integra?
I really, really hope so. Plus the snow storm hopefully has deterred people from looking at cars.

Its just that time. Its got 185,000 miles on it and its now or never. If I don't sell it now, it won't get anything in trade in or private sale. It still runs like a charm, but I just think its the right time in my life to get something new before the "real" responsibilities come into my life. With that in mind, anyone want a nice 1998 FBP Integra Automatic for $3500? It hasn't been abused, never ran on a track (its an automatic) and it has a AEM CAI, Greddy 4-2-1 Header, Hayame Stainless Steel Catback, lowering 1.5" all around by GoldLine Springs and 16" Konig Villains. Here are three pics when its clean:

Beautiful inside and out! I take care of my cars!
Old 01-29-2005, 12:55 AM
Registered Abuser

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Its got 185,000 miles on it and its now or never.
Have you thought about keeping the Integra as a winter beater?
Old 01-29-2005, 09:04 AM

Have you thought about keeping the Integra as a winter beater?
That'd be nice but my family already has 4 cars at our house and adding another one would just take up way too much space. We have a 3 car garage, but having two out on the driveway would be a major hassle. I really wanted to keep it and slowly change it into a manual, but I just can't afford having two cars.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered Abuser

Yo virtualbong, how did it go at the dealers? Are you Mass's newest TSX owner?

By the way, forgot to say this in my last post, your Integra looks mighty fine for 185k miles.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:41 PM

Yo virtualbong, how did it go at the dealers? Are you Mass's newest TSX owner?

By the way, forgot to say this in my last post, your Integra looks mighty fine for 185k miles.
Thanks for the Integra compliment. I really love the clean look

Well, went to Acura of Boston this Sat. afternoon. They didn't have my TSX combo and there wasn't one coming in either in the next few months. So they want me to order it, but I told them that I didn't know if I wanted to wait 3 months. They're willing to match or better the quote I got from Seekonk ($27,793 - for a Auto w/ Navi) but waiting 3 months ain't too appealing. They really want me business so they told me to write up a proposal of what it will take to earn my business and come back on Monday (the 31st may I add). So I'm going to think about it tomorrow and then see if I want to order it.

Test drove it today and its got great handling, but I really expected more from the 200hp. There just wasn't any giddy up. I mean, it felt exactly like my 98 Integra LS automatic that's pushing maybe 150hp. Still loved the interior though. Acura did a great job with the design.

I'll keep you guys updated with my situation.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:00 PM

Alright, just wanted to update everyone on my situation. Well, as some of you may know, it didn't go as well as I expected at Acura of Boston just because they didn't have the combo I wanted and I would have to wait 3 months if I ordered it. So I seriously thought that the TSX was not in my future and I would have to look at other cars. Well, I decided to call Acura of Framingham to see what they had or had coming in. They told me that they had a Black on Black Auto TSX with Navigation coming in sometime in March. So I went in, worked out pricing and stuff and came up with the following:

2005 Nighthawk Black Pearl Automatic TSX w/ Ebony Interior and Navigation

Sale Price: $27,700
5% Tax: $1,385
Reg. Fees: $215
-------------------------
OTD: $29,300

Includes: All Season Floor Mats and Wheel Locks

I told them that I would think about it tonight and go in tomorrow to finalize everything. What do people think? This is a pretty popular combo so I think I did well. I hope no one purchases it before tomorrow night.

They didn't list Automatic or Navigation System in the Worksheet, so I'm going to have them confirm that in the paperwork tomorrow.

So, right now, there's still a possibility that the TSX is in my future. I'll know tomorrow and let you guys know.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know you want to. Good luck keeping the NBP clean in the winter though, heh.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:19 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
nice good luck man!
Old 01-30-2005, 09:28 PM

Since this is my first new car purchase, does anyone have any advice on finalizing everything? I want to make sure I'm not missing anything? And do you talk about financing when the car comes in? Or should I talk about that tomorrow before putting my deposit? Any advice on stuff I should make sure before handing over my deposit. Thanks!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:05 PM
Engineer

Received 76 Likes on 53 Posts
it was the first new car purchase for me too, just make sure and double check the paperwork...also expect them to try to sell you all this last minute stuff, ussually its worth avoiding but i got the teflon protection 300-400...so far it seems to help...also it warrenties the interior from any stains if something is spilled
Old 01-30-2005, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by savage
it was the first new car purchase for me too, just make sure and double check the paperwork...also expect them to try to sell you all this last minute stuff, ussually its worth avoiding but i got the teflon protection 300-400...so far it seems to help...also it warrenties the interior from any stains if something is spilled
Well, I just sent Sam Davis and Perry Wong of Acura of Boston a last chance email to them to see if they're willing to beat their price and include better extras since I would have to custom order it and wait 3 months instead of 1 1/2 months. We'll see what they say.

Oh, I probably won't get any of the extended warranties and stuff. I mean, its an Acura...if it won't break within the standard warranty, then I don't foresee it dying on me afterwards. My Integra has 185,000 miles and didn't need to be sent in for anything major.