Help with 2007 TSX Remote

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:55 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with 2007 TSX Remote

I am so sorry if this is posted somewhere else. I bought a 2007 TSX. It did not have the keyless entry. They car place got me one.

It has an FCC ID of oucg8d-387h-s
snd IC :850g-g8f387ha

And then G8D-387H-A

There lock smith made it able to unlcok doors. But my question is how do I make it be Driver one and let me change setting such as lights on length and such.

Is that possible? If not is there away to make the car let me just set those items without needing to be driver one right now it says driver not recognized,

Thank you so much for your help,
Rob
Old 04-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

This thread has been moved from the Frequently Asked Questions forum to the applicable forum. Please read the announcement at the top of the FAQ Forum for more information.

Press the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. This will link your remote to the car. The LED will blink once to show it is linked to the car or twice to show it is not linked to the car. Then you can go to the MID and set it to your preferences.

Look at the bottom of the keyfob and see if it says Memory 1 or Memory 2. This will determine what the MID displays when you use the keyfob.

It's all in the owner's manual. If you don't have an owner's manual, you can click here to get one.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Hopefully they got you the "Driver 1" remote. A replacement "Driver 2" remote is -- for some reason -- cheaper to order from an Acura dealership. (

Why have a Driver 2 remote? I use it -- without spouse or gf using the car -- for my "evening out" key fob, which has only the essentials (e.g. home, car), rather than my daily workwork supply of keys. (My Driver 1 fob is essentially just the ignition key.)

Depending if you use valets or service stations a lot, you might want to get a gray valet key as well. Just my
Old 04-13-2008, 06:19 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you for your reply. It does not say men 1 or 2. Also I have tried holding the lock unlock but the light never comes on I have held it up to a minute. Any other advice I thank you all very much.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Received 1,004 Likes on 574 Posts
If the key fob will unlock the doors, then it is linked to the car and should let you customize the MID.

You don't have to make it Driver 1, you have to use whichever driver it is supplied for, 1 or 2. The codes you gave are the correct codes for the keyfob to work with your car, and it has to say Driver 1 or Driver 2 at the bottom, unless it was maybe rubbed off from use.

I guess the TSX works the same as the TL and when you unlock the door with the key fob it should say Driver 1 (or 2) recognized.

I checked the service manual and it says if the doors unlock when you press the transmitter (keyfob), then the transmitter is ok, which means you should be able to use the MID, unless there is something wrong with the MID.

I'm pretty sure you still have a warranty so the best thing is to take it to the dealer and see what they can find. They might be able to do something you're not to make it work without a lot of checking, but either way it should be covered.

I found this picture in another thread which shows the Memory 1 at the bottom.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:00 AM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Mine, when linked that is, says "Welcome" on the MID when I sit in it, and changes to "Welcome Driver 1" when I start up.

thecopingking, post a pic of your fob. I'm curious if you have what Ron has helpfully displayed here, or an aftermarket fob which just happens to open the doors. Me, I'd want a real Acura one ... open the drivers door only, all doors on second push, opening all windows when you click "unlock" twice and hold, panic button, trunk release, all discussed in the OM. The fob is more than just "unlock door(s)." If a dealer sold me a year old (barely) car and didn't have EITHER fobs, I'd be a really grumpy customer.

FYI The blinking (single, long blink, quick double blink) happens immediately. No need to hold the buttons a minute (and use up the battery). Check page 131 and after of your owners manual.