Having a Hell of a Time....NEW TSX BUYER!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by swirlie
Actually, when I said 'parchment and black', I meant the black top of the dash/doors with the parchment lower and seats. I think the black exterior with parchment interior would look good... The royal blue and parchment works really nicely. I just can't get over the black upper dash. blah

i knew what you meant, i take your point, and i thought the same thing.

but once i really sat in it, and looked at it, i kinda liked the black dash. would i like it to match better? probably.

it is an odd combination, not sure why they did that./
Old 12-22-2005, 10:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just an update for everyone who took the time to post and help me with my decision. I was so excited about the idea of my new car....that I drove 2 hours today so that I could finally see an 06' in person! It was pretty much a downpour today in Northern California, so I didn't get to open the car up as much as I wanted on the test drive....however the TSX drives GREAT!! Additionally, I got the opportunity to look at the different interiors/exteriors in person. I have a winner in terms of the interior....I will be getting the Ebony with whichever exterior I decide on. I saw the Quartz in person and didn't much like it.....too light of a grey for me. My friend has a darker grey leather in her car and it's awesome....I wish the Quartz were that color (I would definitely get it). As far as the exterior goes...I am still split. I had almost made up my mind on the Carbon Grey until I saw the Glacier Blue in person today. Lot more blue than I thought and a really really sexy car. Especially with the Ebony interior!! Likewise, the car that I test drove was the Carbon Grey, and I loved it.....such a good looking color! I just can't make up my mind. The decision is even going to be harder now that I have actually seen them in person. CRAP! Ha Ha! Well, that's all I have to report for now. I will keep everyone posted on future decisions as they unfold! Again, thanks for everyone's help! Looking forward to many years with a new TSX!

M
Old 12-23-2005, 08:15 AM
Burning Brakes

brady - regarding this comment

pricing your car (i think that 28,7 deal is pretty good. don't forget, you pay tax in the state the car is registered in, not the state it's bought in!)
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26640

The way I understand it is that you pay the tax in the state where you buy. If your state's sales tax is more, you end up paying the difference in your state. If your state's sales tax is less, you've overpaid, too bad for you.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Intermediate

I posted few photos of Glacier Blue:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...909#post507909
Old 12-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by t_in_maine
brady - regarding this comment

pricing your car (i think that 28,7 deal is pretty good. don't forget, you pay tax in the state the car is registered in, not the state it's bought in!)
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26640

The way I understand it is that you pay the tax in the state where you buy. If your state's sales tax is more, you end up paying the difference in your state. If your state's sales tax is less, you've overpaid, too bad for you.
not the way i understand it. if i bought my car in new york state, i'd pay 6% PA sales tax. if i bought it in NJ, i'd pay 6% PA sales tax (even though NJ is also 6%. I bought it in NJ, and paid PA tax. it must have to do with registering your car, because no other product that i know of is like this. can anyone else offer input on this? i'm 99% positive that you pay sales tax in the state you register your vehicle.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:21 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bradykp
not the way i understand it. if i bought my car in new york state, i'd pay 6% PA sales tax. if i bought it in NJ, i'd pay 6% PA sales tax (even though NJ is also 6%. I bought it in NJ, and paid PA tax. it must have to do with registering your car, because no other product that i know of is like this. can anyone else offer input on this? i'm 99% positive that you pay sales tax in the state you register your vehicle.
I think every state has their own set of rules regarding this. However, the general consenus is that you will be paying the higher tax rate between 2 areas. So if you live in State A with tax 6.0%, and you go buy a car in State B with 7.0% tax, you pay the 7.0% tax (which is stupid). If you live in State A with tax 7.0% and you buy a car in State B with 6.0% tax, you pay 7.0% tax in the end. I am not sure how the states split the tax, but there's no easy loophole to save on tax (unless you move). That's what I THINK....