Greasy Fingerprints on Fabric and Nitrogen Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 07:23 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greasy Fingerprints on Fabric and Nitrogen Tires

Hey all,

Went and got the oil changed on my 05 TSX yesterday. Unfortunately the greasy guy got his fingerprints on the fabric in my car (on the driver side of the front window, where the side impact airbag "plug'" is). The guy obviously was grabbing it to get into the car. I am used to grease on the steering wheel (not acceptable, but typical).

The car is a carbon grey with black leather, but the fabric is light grey! Anybody have any ideas what to use to clean it? Since the fabric is "waffley" I don't want to use anything that will leave residue or clog the fabric.

Also, I had them put nitrogen in the tires. I have read info either way on the web, so I thought I would test it out. My computer says I get 32-32.5 mpg consistantly (I have a very regular commute) so if I see any increase I will let you all know.

Thanks

Rob
Old 08-29-2005, 07:25 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
You should ask your dealership to clean it out, unless it wasn't them you got the service done at.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:35 AM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not the dealer

No,

The only time I have for this type of stuff is on the weekend, so It was the local "Oil Change Plus" place!

If it was the dealer, I would definately get som real satisfaction out of it.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:44 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You should have pointed it out before you left. Now they can say that it wasn't them and that you probably did it. (which is what they will try to do).
Worse case scenario just change that one peice of cloth. I think during a writeup of someone doing a hardwire on a radar detector, they had removed that panel.
Worse case scenario, you buy a new one. Or get the oil change place to buy you a new one.