Got my car keys stolen Friday night

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Got my car keys stolen Friday night

I didn't know exactly where to post this so as not to get comments about being in the wrong board, so just thought I'd post in TSX discussion as it has to do with my TSX. This may be a long story and I will try and keep it as short as possibel but its worth the read.

Friday night I was out celebrating my wife's birthday with a free meal and game cards at Dave & Buster's. Everything was cool until about 10pm when my wife noticed her purse was missing. Some A-hole took off with her purse whn she wasn't looking. Luckily there was no ID, money, wallet or credit cards inside. The bad part was my house and car keys along with her cellphone were in there. We asked at the front desk of D&B but nothing showed up. We were stranded at the restaurant with no way to get home.

I then tried calling her cellphone to see if someone would pick up, instead they kept declining the call. What idiot takes off with a purse that just has a cellphone and some keys to a car you don't even know where it is. In the end my sister-in-law came and picked us up. Unfortunately neither of us had a spare key to our house so we had to spend the night at the in-laws. we finally got to bed close to 2am after searching D&B and the surrounding area. I was paranoid the people that had the keys would be able to figure out where my car was and steal that too. Luckily I went back in the morning and it was still there. Unfortunately I then had to get a locksmith to break into my house the following morning so I could get my spare set of car keys to pick the car up.

Luckily I stopped service on the cellphone, and Saturday I get a call from someone on my wife's new phone asking why I was calling them at 3am. I now also have a list of numbers provided by my cellphone company to all the people they called on friday night. My wife has called a bunch of the numbers and she is convinced they know something is up. She is being too nice to the people and I want to go to the cops, but she is thinking someone will own up soon. I JUST WANT MY CAR KEYS BACK.
They are of no use to them and its going to cost me $120 to get new keys from Acura, on top of the $70 I already spent getting a locksmith out. Are there really people out there that go so low as to stealing someones purse for a phone and a set of keys. Most people have there own cellphones that they don't need to steal somoene else's. (Let me point out the phone was a cheap freebie the cell phone companies hand out, nothing shiney and expensive)

The good part that came out of all this is I got a new RAZR phone with bluetooth so I can use it in my car. I set it up last night and works like a dream.

Ok that's enough, I probably lost a few of you half way through but I had to rant and rave to get this off my chest. I just can't believe someone would be so stupid. What has the world come to.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:36 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by Tmetcalf
I now also have a list of numbers provided by my cellphone company to all the people they called on friday night. My wife has called a bunch of the numbers and she is convinced they know something is up.
Be careful. It is very easy to get your address and other personal info with just your cell phone number. Since I don't want to post how you could get someone's info with just a land line or cell phone number, PM me if you're curious.

Good luck.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I would report it to the police regardless. Since you have additional information that could lead to an easy arrest, you should file the police report and then provide them with that information from the cell phone provider.

Good luck and hope that you get your key back.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:25 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Which D&B did this happen? I go quite often. Irvine? Santa Anita? Ontario?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:31 PM
Instructor

It was the D&B at the Block in Orange, CA.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:36 PM
STL
Three Wheelin'

1) Why in the world have you not called the cops yet?
2) In the future, I suggest carrying your set of keys even when you wife drives.

The thief is probably just a teenager. I think you should consider yourself lucky that your car was still there the next morning!!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:51 PM
Instructor

I consider myself very lucky the car was there the next morning. The only reason I left it there was because I lef there just after 1am and it was still there, and there was no one else left at the mall and I planned to returned at 8 the next morning. Luckily the security at the mall was made aware of the situation and said they would keep an eye out.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Sorry about what happened to you. Can you ask D&B to check their security camara?
Old 04-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Racer

Make sure you re-key the house and park the car inside if you can. your house address is really easy to obtain if they have your cell phone.
Old 04-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yea, i'd change the locks as wel. Good thing they didn't go around the parking lot and try to figure out which car was yours. They've got a navigations system that will take them right to your house and yuo've got the homelink in there which will open the doors right up.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Another reason to get moda_way's key mod. If keys are stolen they will try to brake into Accords.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,753 Likes on 2,536 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Another reason to get moda_way's key mod. If keys are stolen they will try to brake into Accords.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja

In CCColts situation, they'd find that Accord.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:36 AM
STL
Three Wheelin'

Tmetcalf,
So what ever came of this? Did you report it to the cops?
Old 04-07-2006, 11:48 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by moda_way
In CCColts situation, they'd find that Accord.

Old 04-07-2006, 12:53 PM
SI Drive

Originally Posted by Tmetcalf
It was the D&B at the Block in Orange, CA.
Man that sucks! I frequent that D&B all the time! I can see how it could easily happen if someone just took the bag off the table, and or off the seat. You'd think that you'd be "safe" in a place like that, but I guess not. Like others have recommended to you, go and file the police report. Sorry it happened man.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:35 PM
Intermediate

Dude, sorry to hear that. It is kinda expensive to replace a lost set of keys...i ALWAYS keep my spares in a special place at home, just in case....

My story is a little more bizzare....

I went for an afternoon run at a park near my house (there are parks all over downtown L.A.) I stuck my keys in my pocket and after i was done jogging, I had realized that my keys werent in my pocket anymore....S***! Its now about 6:30-7 and i obviously cant find my keys anywhere since its starting to get dark....long story short....someone offers me a ride home...call Acura...they ask me to tow the car in to the dealer...175 dollars including programming a new key...HE** NO!....i wait for my bro to get home and i get a ride back to the same park....

I couldnt FU**en beleive it....someone had found my keys....went into the car...rolled down the drivers side window, and left my keys there under the BRAND NEW all weather floormats. nothing was stolen, NOT EVEN MY WALLET OR MY DIGITAL CAM!

I counted my blessings then and there....
Old 08-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
^^Amazing that this happened in L.A.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:47 PM
Advanced

I'm with the others to file a police report.

Get your house locks rekeyed.

Can't the missing key be unprogrammed from the car?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by neo661
Dude, sorry to hear that. It is kinda expensive to replace a lost set of keys...i ALWAYS keep my spares in a special place at home, just in case....

My story is a little more bizzare....

I went for an afternoon run at a park near my house (there are parks all over downtown L.A.) I stuck my keys in my pocket and after i was done jogging, I had realized that my keys werent in my pocket anymore....S***! Its now about 6:30-7 and i obviously cant find my keys anywhere since its starting to get dark....long story short....someone offers me a ride home...call Acura...they ask me to tow the car in to the dealer...175 dollars including programming a new key...HE** NO!....i wait for my bro to get home and i get a ride back to the same park....

I couldnt FU**en beleive it....someone had found my keys....went into the car...rolled down the drivers side window, and left my keys there under the BRAND NEW all weather floormats. nothing was stolen, NOT EVEN MY WALLET OR MY DIGITAL CAM!

I counted my blessings then and there....
wow, you are incredibly lucky