Glendale Acura (LA Area) Rocks

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glendale Acura (LA Area) Rocks

My TSX is there right now, having a broken engine mount replaced. I'm really impressed by the service these guys have given my car. They keep catching these little problems, and fixing them for free. For example, I came to pick my car up after an oil change, and service manager noticed one of my foglights was loose. So, they took the whole assembly apart, and made sure it was all attached correctly. Cost to me was $0. They threw it in with the oil change.

My only complaint at all is that these guys are a tad pricey. Oil change at my local Honda dealer (who is also pretty good) is $25, and it is $38 at Glendale Acura.

Anyway, I'm posting this because I see lots of complaints on this forum from TSX owners who have been mistreated by Acura shops. I feel like I've been getting top notch service and support, on par with friends who own Lexus/Infiniti.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:01 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which mount broke?
How did you discover you had a broken mount?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:08 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by darth62
My TSX is there right now, having a broken engine mount replaced. I'm really impressed by the service these guys have given my car. They keep catching these little problems, and fixing them for free. For example, I came to pick my car up after an oil change, and service manager noticed one of my foglights was loose. So, they took the whole assembly apart, and made sure it was all attached correctly. Cost to me was $0. They threw it in with the oil change.

My only complaint at all is that these guys are a tad pricey. Oil change at my local Honda dealer (who is also pretty good) is $25, and it is $38 at Glendale Acura.

Anyway, I'm posting this because I see lots of complaints on this forum from TSX owners who have been mistreated by Acura shops. I feel like I've been getting top notch service and support, on par with friends who own Lexus/Infiniti.
good to hear you have a excellant dealer. I am also fortunate to have one also- Lehigh Valley Acura in Emmaus,Pa. Extremely pleasant and helpful service manager and advisors. traveling to CA in May so it is good to know about this dealer. do they have express service since I will be needing an oil change or would it be better to go to the honda dealer (what one?)
Old 12-06-2007, 12:36 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by TSX2345
Which mount broke?
How did you discover you had a broken mount?
Car had an extremely rough idle, and I had a lot of engine noise at low RPM. I'm not sure which mount it was, but had the exact same symptoms and resolution in my past car (a USDM Honda Accord Coupe). So, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a relatively common issue for Honda products.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
good to hear you have a excellant dealer. I am also fortunate to have one also- Lehigh Valley Acura in Emmaus,Pa. Extremely pleasant and helpful service manager and advisors. traveling to CA in May so it is good to know about this dealer. do they have express service since I will be needing an oil change or would it be better to go to the honda dealer (what one?)
I use Capitol Honda in downtown LA for my oil changes . They do have express service, but I don't think that Acura does.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I use Capitol Honda in downtown LA for my oil changes . They do have express service, but I don't think that Acura does.
They have no problem accepting your Acura for an oil change? How much do they charge? Do they have drop-off service in the downtown area?
Old 12-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Cruisin'

I had a really good experience at Santa Monica Acura. They took me to work in the morning, called later in the day, and picked me up at work to go get my car. They were friendly, told me about the headlight recall which I hadn't taken care of, and did it while the car had its oil changed. That said, it IS pricy, at $39 (which supposedly included a $10 discount so normally I guess $49.99?).

For $49.99 I wouldn't take my TSX there...I never thought about trying a Honda dealer...good idea!
Old 12-06-2007, 03:56 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Originally Posted by roguemoog
I had a really good experience at Santa Monica Acura. They took me to work in the morning, called later in the day, and picked me up at work to go get my car. They were friendly, told me about the headlight recall which I hadn't taken care of, and did it while the car had its oil changed. That said, it IS pricy, at $39 (which supposedly included a $10 discount so normally I guess $49.99?).

For $49.99 I wouldn't take my TSX there...I never thought about trying a Honda dealer...good idea!

Santa Monica Acura SUCKS!!! FUCK Santa Monica Acura!!

I stopped going there 2 years, shortly after I purchased my TSX. I now use Keyes in Van Nuys. Although Santa Monica Acura is convenient and close to my work, I rather travel a little bit to get better service and avoid things being taken from my car.

I stopped going to Santa Monica Acura because they damaged my wheels, stole items out of my car. Beware of your car contents when your car is in for service.
I used them prior to owning my TSX when I had my Integra and had no problems until a few years ago.

I spoke to the service advisors and manager at Keyes they said a couple people stopped going to Santa Monica due to the same reasons. In fact, they will not hire any Santa Monica Acura employees cause they have a bad rep
Old 12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Car had an extremely rough idle, and I had a lot of engine noise at low RPM. I'm not sure which mount it was, but had the exact same symptoms and resolution in my past car (a USDM Honda Accord Coupe). So, I wouldn't be surprised if this was a relatively common issue for Honda products.

How many miles on the car?
Old 12-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Instructor

Damn, they picked you up from work?! Sierra Acura in Alhambra will only drop me off. But I have a great service advisor. He's cool and helped my gf that has a really old acura. He got someone to check it out and told her everything she needed to change without asking her to change it at their service center. Didn't charge her anything either for the checkup.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:40 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Originally Posted by popdakebin
Damn, they picked you up from work?! Sierra Acura in Alhambra will only drop me off. But I have a great service advisor. He's cool and helped my gf that has a really old acura. He got someone to check it out and told her everything she needed to change without asking her to change it at their service center. Didn't charge her anything either for the checkup.
Yup, I guess that is the ONLY good thing Santa Monica Acura does. Courtesy drop-off and pick-up with in a certain mile radius that is.

I had them do that plenty of times when I used to use them.

The porters would be the ones driving the shuttle, if the shuttle is not available the go pull a car off the lot.

One time I was waiting to be picked up and I was looking for the van, I waiting for a good 10-15 mins so I called they said he was there in front of my building. He was there alright in an Integra.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by jlukja
They have no problem accepting your Acura for an oil change? How much do they charge? Do they have drop-off service in the downtown area?
They've done a lot of work on my car. They just can't do warranty.

The TSX is only $24 for an Oil change. I think they charge more for six cyl.

Yeah, they have drop-off service. I never use it though, because the Dash bus stops a few blocks away. I drop my car off, and take the dash to work.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Not an Ashtray

How many miles on the car?
TSX has 70,000 on it. Accord has about the same when I had the problem.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:21 PM
Not an Ashtray

Santa Monica Acura SUCKS!!! FUCK Santa Monica Acura!!

I stopped going there 2 years, shortly after I purchased my TSX. I now use Keyes in Van Nuys. Although Santa Monica Acura is convenient and close to my work, I rather travel a little bit to get better service and avoid things being taken from my car.

I stopped going to Santa Monica Acura because they damaged my wheels, stole items out of my car. Beware of your car contents when your car is in for service.
I used them prior to owning my TSX when I had my Integra and had no problems until a few years ago.

I spoke to the service advisors and manager at Keyes they said a couple people stopped going to Santa Monica due to the same reasons. In fact, they will not hire any Santa Monica Acura employees cause they have a bad rep
Keyes will never get a dime of my buisness. I actually bought my car there. But, that was in the days before foglights were standard. So, I bought the accessory ones, and had them installed. A few days later, I'm on the high way, and the splash guard under the car comes flying off. Those morons had failed to reattach it correctly after installing the fogs.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by popdakebin
I hate Sierra Acura, there is only that one guy from Gab that is hard working (I forgot his name...). Everyone there can suck my thumb! Ever since they closed the Pasadena Acura, Sierra Acura has been over-flowing with customers. They backed my dad's TL into a cart... n00bs. I won't go back to the dealer unless it's warrenty related!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Pro

I had a great experience at Santa Monica Acura as well. Every time they offer me a loaner car even on minor services. Since they are close to my house once every while I stop by to chat with my service rep.
If you go there you might see my car as a background on one of their computers….Sorry to hear that other members had a bad experience with them.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 AM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

All these talks about California dealers, I feel it is my obligation to give Gary Force Acura a plug here in Nashville, TN!

Just before I moved here from Canada, I visited Steve Hanson, the sales rep, whom I had corresponded over the Internet my first time.

My intention was to first check out the vehicle and see what kind of deals there are... but to put a long story short, I was impressed with him (that he wasn't a typical pushy saleman, very polite, respectful even though I am in my thirties, I appear to be in my mid 20s), he even talked me out of getting the Navi (and even though I had kicked myself a few times about not getting it at the beginning, I am currently not regretting it because the portable units are getting much better now and I have more freedom with it). Anyway, before I knew it, I had signed an intent to purchase. He was very professional. Made everything go as smooth as silk. I got my deposit cashier check when I got back to Canada, Fedex it to them... and the rest, as you say is history.

I've been going to them to get my oil change done ever since and at $29 (incl taxes) AND car wash with wheel shine, I'm not complaining!

Keep up the good work Gary Force Acura. Never had a problem yet! And I normally check everything before I leave as I live 75miles away! I've had bad experience with another car company where they had left the oil cap unscrewed and the cap sitting on the right side of the well where you can just close the hood!
Old 12-07-2007, 10:20 AM
Instructor

Was his name Andy? A lot of those service guys are asses though at Sierra. That's why I stick to those I know.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I've only had to take my car to Keyes Acura once, and they treated me well (brought it in for an oil change...other than that, my TSX was built like a tank).

Good to know that the Glendale Acura's service department is better than their sales department...I will never forget Heidi and her attempt to rip me off lol
Old 12-08-2007, 05:22 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by cestmoi
All these talks about California dealers, I feel it is my obligation to give Gary Force Acura a plug here in Nashville, TN!

Just before I moved here from Canada, I visited Steve Hanson, the sales rep, whom I had corresponded over the Internet my first time.

My intention was to first check out the vehicle and see what kind of deals there are... but to put a long story short, I was impressed with him (that he wasn't a typical pushy saleman, very polite, respectful even though I am in my thirties, I appear to be in my mid 20s), he even talked me out of getting the Navi (and even though I had kicked myself a few times about not getting it at the beginning, I am currently not regretting it because the portable units are getting much better now and I have more freedom with it). Anyway, before I knew it, I had signed an intent to purchase. He was very professional. Made everything go as smooth as silk. I got my deposit cashier check when I got back to Canada, Fedex it to them... and the rest, as you say is history.

I've been going to them to get my oil change done ever since and at $29 (incl taxes) AND car wash with wheel shine, I'm not complaining!

Keep up the good work Gary Force Acura. Never had a problem yet! And I normally check everything before I leave as I live 75miles away! I've had bad experience with another car company where they had left the oil cap unscrewed and the cap sitting on the right side of the well where you can just close the hood!
thanks for letting me know about that dealer in Nashville-travel there from NC-I am the one that asked for recommendations for Ca. dealers that had excellent service. My husband and I are driving there in May. My car has the nav and yes the salesperson advised me about the portable units I could buy.I am not fond of things that have to be attached. Personally I am very happy with the one that is in the car. In Pa Lehigh Valley has a excellent service dept and in Nc Stevenson Acura is also good.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:09 PM
it's a car-drive it

when I was in the process of deciding which car I wanted to buy-it was narrowed down to either a mazda-speed 6 or the tsx. We went to a Mazda dealer and I told the salesperson exactly what I wanted-a red mazda-speed 6, black interior with nav. He then did what your salesperson did-tried to talk me out of getting the nav and told me how cheaper it would be to get a portable unit. the real reason why he was telling me that is they did not have any cars in stock with the nav. He wanted to get me to buy a silver one. I turned him down and when we were about to leave he said that another dealer might have a red one with nav, too late, went and bought my red tsx with nav-
Old 12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Instructor

Service should be like this. Its Funny how we praise a dealer for doing its job correctly.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:51 PM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by WlcTL
Service should be like this. Its Funny how we praise a dealer for doing its job correctly.
it is good to see people being able to give praise instead of complaints.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:20 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

when I was in the process of deciding which car I wanted to buy-it was narrowed down to either a mazda-speed 6 or the tsx. We went to a Mazda dealer and I told the salesperson exactly what I wanted-a red mazda-speed 6, black interior with nav. He then did what your salesperson did-tried to talk me out of getting the nav and told me how cheaper it would be to get a portable unit. the real reason why he was telling me that is they did not have any cars in stock with the nav. He wanted to get me to buy a silver one. I turned him down and when we were about to leave he said that another dealer might have a red one with nav, too late, went and bought my red tsx with nav-

well, my situation was a little different. he knew i wasn't needing the vehicle until a month down the road as i had to fly back to canada, get all my business in order before moving down. he had to order one in anyway as i wanted the pwp with beige interior. it wasn't like he was trying to force me to get one of the cars on the lot.. i had originally wanted the Carbon Grey, but then someone drove into the service bay with PWP. Fell for that car immediately and changed my mind.

when i came to pickup my car on the first day, it was inside a 'showroom showcase' all cleaned and ready for me to driveaway... very nice touch. they made it look like it was the star of the whole place. small things like this i notice.

i wonder if other dealers did that? put your car right inside the showroom, a room with glass walls, all by itself, spotlights shining on your brand spanking new car, waiting for its new owner to drive it away!

Old 12-09-2007, 02:35 PM
it's a car-drive it

well, my situation was a little different. he knew i wasn't needing the vehicle until a month down the road as i had to fly back to canada, get all my business in order before moving down. he had to order one in anyway as i wanted the pwp with beige interior. it wasn't like he was trying to force me to get one of the cars on the lot.. i had originally wanted the Carbon Grey, but then someone drove into the service bay with PWP. Fell for that car immediately and changed my mind.

when i came to pickup my car on the first day, it was inside a 'showroom showcase' all cleaned and ready for me to driveaway... very nice touch. they made it look like it was the star of the whole place. small things like this i notice.

i wonder if other dealers did that? put your car right inside the showroom, a room with glass walls, all by itself, spotlights shining on your brand spanking new car, waiting for its new owner to drive it away!

i was in no big rush to get the car either. The salesperson was just trying to get me to buy the car he had on the lot. I ended up buying my tsx from the dealer in Pa that I have bought numerous cars from even tho I am living in North Carolina. They have a special parking garage for the new car pick-up. I do alot of traveling so the nav has come in extremely handy. Portable or not they are a worthwhile purchase.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:39 PM
TSX MFG Date Sep 2006

i was in no big rush to get the car either. The salesperson was just trying to get me to buy the car he had on the lot. I ended up buying my tsx from the dealer in Pa that I have bought numerous cars from even tho I am living in North Carolina. They have a special parking garage for the new car pick-up. I do alot of traveling so the nav has come in extremely handy. Portable or not they are a worthwhile purchase.
I agree with your Navi sentiment. Though in my case, I fly when I travel for work, and the portable ones are a life saver for me.

I use my TomTom alot when I drive around here, since I'm quite new. I'll be driving down to Florida come the Xmas break (Our company closes for about two weeks during this time)... it would be sweet to explore along the west coast driving down and then going up on the east coast coming back home, with my TomTom making sure I don't get lost!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Instructor

Acura of Pleasanton (California Bay Area) treats me like royalty when I bring my car in. Right when you arrive, they scottle the car off like it's a formula-1 pit and a service rep is printing my work order within minutes. They make sure to ask me if there are any problems with the car that should be looked into in addition to the standard maintenance. They even try to talk me into the free coffee and pastries. It's a good effort on their part and I'll be sure to bring my car back for future service as a result.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:17 AM
it's a car-drive it

I agree with your Navi sentiment. Though in my case, I fly when I travel for work, and the portable ones are a life saver for me.

I use my TomTom alot when I drive around here, since I'm quite new. I'll be driving down to Florida come the Xmas break (Our company closes for about two weeks during this time)... it would be sweet to explore along the west coast driving down and then going up on the east coast coming back home, with my TomTom making sure I don't get lost!
it is great last year-my husband and i traveled thru 20 states, Nc to montana. In May we are heading to Ca. via the southern states-I think that is one of the major reasons why we wanted the car to have nav. Our goal to see every state excluding Hawaii. we have been to Alaska.