Getting car back soon !!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting car back soon !!!

Update- just got a call from the body shop that is fixing my car (WTF is he writing about?). They expect that I will be able to pick it up next Monday or Tuesday!!! Man I miss that car :'( The increased amount of time I've been spending here only makes its absence that much harder to bear.

So, anyone have tips on what I should check out before taking it back? I have been told by others that the time to dispute anything is now, before taking it back. The work is guaranteed by the insurance company for life (so they say).

On a broader note, I haven't decided what the car's future is with us. Do I want to hold onto this devalued potential maintanence nightmare?? Not sure if it would be more expensive to ditch it now and take the loss of value, or hold onto it and hope for the best.

Either way, I'm excited that it's finally close to being mine again. And I've only had to make two payments while it's been gone

jcg, who just learned that it's illegal to run out of gas on the autobahn
Old 06-11-2004, 06:18 AM
Race Director

Received 631 Likes on 507 Posts
Originally Posted by jcg878

Only if you get caught.
Old 06-11-2004, 06:42 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by jcg878
Update- just got a call from the body shop that is fixing my car (WTF is he writing about?). They expect that I will be able to pick it up next Monday or Tuesday!!! Man I miss that car :'( The increased amount of time I've been spending here only makes its absence that much harder to bear.

So, anyone have tips on what I should check out before taking it back? I have been told by others that the time to dispute anything is now, before taking it back. The work is guaranteed by the insurance company for life (so they say).

On a broader note, I haven't decided what the car's future is with us. Do I want to hold onto this devalued potential maintanence nightmare?? Not sure if it would be more expensive to ditch it now and take the loss of value, or hold onto it and hope for the best.

Either way, I'm excited that it's finally close to being mine again. And I've only had to make two payments while it's been gone

Look it over with a meticulous set of eyes - bring a second pair if you can. Be sure and test drive before sining any papers. I once had a 1999 that got T-boned when a SBC truck ran a stop sign. My car was in the repair shop for 2.5 months. Each time I went to pick up something was not quite right. The last time I went to check on the car I notice a sheet of paper in the car wiht a list of items to fix. On the paer it said "Picky customer - triple check everything". I felt honored. It's your car, you be the judge when it is ready to be finally taken home.
Old 06-11-2004, 07:10 AM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if I should should say, congratulations or good luck with your options.

Actually, let me say both. Congrats and good luck with your options.