IS GBP too chicky?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IS GBP too chicky?

Am I the very few GBP TSX owners out thee? Is GBP too chicky? I almost got the CGP but love the chickiness of GBP ---- that is because I am.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HBspeedx
Am I the very few GBP TSX owners out thee? Is GBP too chicky? I almost got the CGP but love the chickiness of GBP ---- that is because I am.
Well i dont knw if its chicky, but its definitely more unique than CBP. I am happy to have my RBP, not only coz its more unique, coz its a jewel. So dont worry abt chicky, its a TSX
Old 06-22-2006, 08:25 PM
Instructor

I almost got it...my wife had it third on HER list behind RBP and the other blue. I got CGP instead which was second on MY list behind RBP. Don't know what you get out of this but whatever...
Old 06-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Advanced

I don't know about "chicky" but it is a very nice color. Don't wory about what other's think, get what you want.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
There's nothing wrong with any of the colors...it's just that some of the colors are more popular.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
On my first '06 TSX test drive, it was a GBP. I wasn't too impressed....but after seeing some pictures of other members' GBP, it's starting to grow on me.
Old 06-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by parag_a2z
Well i dont knw if its chicky, but its definitely more unique than CBP. I am happy to have my RBP, not only coz its more unique, coz its a jewel. So dont worry abt chicky, its a TSX
dude, unless you didnt notice, a tsx a chick mobile. look at the styling. its a little more manly than a miata but it's still fem.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:13 AM
Intermediate

Gbp

I actually am glad I got the GBP. The RBP looks great also. I love them both! I just wanted to see if there are members who got the GBP as I see mostly CBP, NBP or the Silver. I'll take a pic after I get a wash and share with you all.

And oh yeah - I do think GBP is a bit more feminine, but that is because I am not a dude.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HBspeedx
I actually am glad I got the GBP. The RBP looks great also. I love them both! I just wanted to see if there are members who got the GBP as I see mostly CBP, NBP or the Silver. I'll take a pic after I get a wash and share with you all.

And oh yeah - I do think GBP is a bit more feminine, but that is because I am not a dude.

Oh lord, here come the ers.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 AM
Instructor

I don't think Glacier Blue is chicky per se. That's why I got one. (Guy here.) However, perhaps some chicks want to go with colors that are not so "masculine." Then GB is one of those. In my opinion, GB, Milano, and White might be in that category as well. I prefer to think of GB as a more *androgenous* color. It's just too hard and metallic to qualify as mostly fem. And I get positive comments from both men and women about the car.

And, sigh, another dead horse beater about the TSX being a chick car. You are wrong and on the wrong thread. Why don't you test drive a TSX before making flaccid comments about it's styling, which is only half the story. The handling is too crisp, solid and sporty to be just a chick car. And lookswise, sure it doesn't have muscle-car lines, but it's not round, fun and cute, which is what most chick cars are. Whatever car you have, don't attempt to make you and your car more masculine, by targetting the TSX. Your best bet is to get a better job with more $, so you can get a more muscley car, or better yet just invest it into some implants for your body.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:12 AM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
There's a girl who works in the same office building that I work in, and she said she was going to buy a TSX, but ended up with a TL instead because she wanted to have a 6 cylinder engine. So there you have it--a TL is more of a chick car than a TSX.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by iterry
I don't know about "chicky" but it is a very nice color. Don't wory about what other's think, get what you want.
I second that! I like GBP, it was my second choice color and some days I wish I would have gotten it instead of ASM.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:53 PM
4th Gear

I like my GBP (a little more or less depending on the light conditions), although sometimes I have second thoughts in the direction of CGP or RBP. The color does draw a lot of compliments from women.

By the way, has anyone seen the new Pixar movie "Cars"? I couldn't help but notice that the lead "female" character is a Porsche 911...the color of which is very similar to GBP.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:28 PM
GlacierBlue4Life

GLACIER BLUE IS NOT CHICKY. IT IS A VERY MANLY COLOR

there...I said it....WITH AUTHORITY
Old 06-23-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
On a side note, when you tell your kids about this car, they may not even know what a Glacier is.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:31 PM
10th Gear

This is a funny thread. I had the same thoughts when I was buying my TSX. Initially I reallly liked the Glacier Blue, but then heard from one of the dealers that it was a feminine color. So that put some doubt in my head.

But in the end, I really liked the GBP and got that color. Since then, everyone who has seen my car immediately comments on how much they like the color. It's the first reaction to the car.

So if you like the GBP, then get that color. Plus, I do like the uniqueness of it the color as well.

Good luck
Old 06-25-2006, 08:43 PM
NewBee

not chicky at all. I just bought one yesterday and its an extreamly rare color. in my state you won't find many at all. only a handful and the dealers don't even know why. they even tell me its one of the most requested colors. everyone that i've shown the car to so far (both male and female) commented on how slick the color is and how sharp it is. so no its not fem at all. its just a rare color and there aren't many out there i don't think.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 857 Likes on 705 Posts
Nothing chicky about Gerzy Bear Performance. Unless your a girl looking for mega HP gains.