Gas milage: any Pocket PC users here?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 12:28 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 694 Likes on 417 Posts
Gas milage: any Pocket PC users here?

I made a nice little Pocket Excel spreadsheet that calculates milage. Instead of collecting receipts you just pull out your trusty Pocket PC, write down the liters and the km right after you gas up, and presto, you get your last l/100 km and mpg for the last interval. I can share it if people are interested.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Old 08-30-2005, 12:51 AM
no0bIe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Id be interested, can you make a program in Mi. ???
Old 08-30-2005, 09:11 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I keep track of mileage on my Sony Clie using a Palm software called Teal Auto. Its pretty handy, can keep track of multiple cars, and not only mileage but service as well.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Oh man this is a huge pet peeve of mine. My dad, since adulthood I presume, has kept a little notebook in all of the cars and he writes down his mileage every time he gets gas. The thing most annoying to me about it is that he doesn't even use it; he even admits that. If he actually made some calculations and subseqent decisions based on it that'd be one thing but it's his habitual obstinence in the face of outwardly admitting it's pointless that just annoys the hell out of me. When I started driving (his cars) I had to do it too. It was funny, I'd be out with friends, stop for gas, bust out this notebook, and they'd be like "what the hell are you doing?" and I'd explain it to them and they'd just give me this look, the same look I gave my dad. I swore that once I bought my own car I would never do this. I haven't ever done it, and, certainly to his surprise, the car will still start and allow itself to be driven from the gas station without first writing down the mileage. The one I really feel sorry for is my mom; she married into this annoying habit and has been doing it for 35-40 years because of him in spite of her annoyance with it.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Some habits are more annoying than others.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Originally Posted by scheißterhöffer
Oh man this is a huge pet peeve of mine. My dad, since adulthood I presume, has kept a little notebook in all of the cars and he writes down his mileage every time he gets gas. The thing most annoying to me about it is that he doesn't even use it; he even admits that. If he actually made some calculations and subseqent decisions based on it that'd be one thing but it's his habitual obstinence in the face of outwardly admitting it's pointless that just annoys the hell out of me. When I started driving (his cars) I had to do it too. It was funny, I'd be out with friends, stop for gas, bust out this notebook, and they'd be like "what the hell are you doing?" and I'd explain it to them and they'd just give me this look, the same look I gave my dad. I swore that once I bought my own car I would never do this. I haven't ever done it, and, certainly to his surprise, the car will still start and allow itself to be driven from the gas station without first writing down the mileage. The one I really feel sorry for is my mom; she married into this annoying habit and has been doing it for 35-40 years because of him in spite of her annoyance with it.
That's hilarious.

As you can see by my 95 mpg during one interval, I'm not too anal about keeping track every time.