Four Things - tint, ipod, nav, and suspension

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Admiral Crunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four Things - tint, ipod, nav, and suspension

Hello Acura people. I posted a few weeks ago regarding the cars I was test driving, and whatnot... now that I'm 100% sure that I'll be getting a tsx, there are some things that I'm considering for upgrades, when I do get the car.

The first thing is tinting. NY law says the tint can't be any greater than 30%. Does anyone know how dark this is? Has anyone just said, eh, I don't care and tinted all their windows without any regard for the law?

Second thing is the iPod. I was looking up the DICE iPod integration to work with the steering wheel controls, as well as the nav. Any idea how good it is? How does it get hooked up?

Third thing is the Nav. Not sure if its different from years past, and bysin posted how to get rid of the nag and change somethings... did a google post, and the linuxkiddies site that he posted the files on no longer works.

Finally, last thing is the suspension. Any ways to improve it to be really really nice? Any advice on rear sway bars, or anything that would help?

Thanks to any in advance who reply.

Brandon
Old 09-24-2007, 07:17 AM
Ex-King of Pasadena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by teomcdohl
Hello Acura people. I posted a few weeks ago regarding the cars I was test driving, and whatnot... now that I'm 100% sure that I'll be getting a tsx, there are some things that I'm considering for upgrades, when I do get the car.

The first thing is tinting. NY law says the tint can't be any greater than 30%. Does anyone know how dark this is? Has anyone just said, eh, I don't care and tinted all their windows without any regard for the law?

Second thing is the iPod. I was looking up the DICE iPod integration to work with the steering wheel controls, as well as the nav. Any idea how good it is? How does it get hooked up?

Third thing is the Nav. Not sure if its different from years past, and bysin posted how to get rid of the nag and change somethings... did a google post, and the linuxkiddies site that he posted the files on no longer works.

Finally, last thing is the suspension. Any ways to improve it to be really really nice? Any advice on rear sway bars, or anything that would help?

Thanks to any in advance who reply.

Brandon
1) Tint... "Has anyone just said, eh, I don't care and tinted all their windows without any regard for the law?
yeaaa... i did, and i got caught. (illegal for front side window tint in cali)

2) no ideaa...

3) what year's yours?? 07+ ?!?! I did mine on my 06.. Not sure if anyone actually did nav hack for 07+

4) get it lower with coilover will help. There's lots to choose from. I got Tein SuperStreet coilover.
And as for the rear sway bars. again there's lots to choose from again. I got Progress RSB.
Both of these two's info are alll over the forumss... good luck in searching!!
maybe search for front strut bar as well.
getting better tires might help too.