Found 06 Pwp!!! Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Found 06 Pwp!!! Pricing?

hey guys i just called up Weir Cayon Acura in Anaheim which is in southern california. They told me they just got in a 06 PWP TSX with navi and black interior. I'm extremely excited because tomorrow im going to check it out!!. This car seems hard to find around here i believe?. Well i just wanted to see what your opinions on about the price i should pay for this car. What is the price i should aim for guys??

2006 PWP TSX
navigation

Price with and without pro pack

Really appreciate it guys
Old 08-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I picked my '06 PWP/Ebony 6 Speed with Navi from Metro Acura in Montclair last month for $28.5k before TTL. I think if you can get lower than that, you are getting a good deal. I too was told this combination is hard to come by...not sure if it was just good salesmenship, but I couldn't locate this configuration when I called around.

BTW - CarsDirect.com shows the price closer to $28.3k. I gave in and paid $200 over their price ; )
Old 08-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Banned

how much are you willing to pay? Start with that price and go downward. If they insisted on something beyond what you can pay then be prepared to walk away. The last thing you want to do is buying the car based on your feeling.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Instructor

Tustin Acura should be able to do somewhere around 27300-27400. Give their fleet manager an email.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:12 AM
Jon (PWP FTW)

hey thanks guys for the help. hopefully the car will still be there tomorrow. the salesmen told me they just got the car in with all the plastic still in the car. so im looking around 27500-2800 for the aim?. is this the price after TTL or before? oh yes and the car i want is automatic. and wen ur seein such a beautiful car in front of you its hard not avoid the buying for feelings
Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

I bought my ASM/ebony from Weir Canyon in March for 27,500 before TTL. That included the pro package (which Weir puts on all their cars). I couldn't get them to budge below that even though I had a quote IN WRITING from Keyes Acura in Van Nuyes for 27,200. Weir thought they were lying and I didn't feel like driving 50 miles north to find out so I bought from Weir Canyon. I don't know if that color combo demands a premium but I definitely think you can get 27,500. I took off the ugly mudguards before they had a chance to wreck the paint but I like the trunk tray and the wheel locks are OK I guess if they actually do anything. I dealt with Sean Tobin, the internet manager. BTW, Tustin Acura would not go below 27,550 and that was without the pro package.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:33 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

hey today i went to Weir Canyon and indeed they had the tsx i wanted but definitely not the price i wanted. the sticker price was $30,550 and the manager told me that he makes only $1800 on this car with that price. (i think this is bull but im not sure). He told me that price -1800 is $27,750 which he would not sell me because he says he won't make any profit. He says it has to be more than that. I'm not sure what to do at this point guys. I can't seem to find any other dealerships around here with the color combination i want.

Car is a
2006 TSX PWP
Navigation
Automatic
Old 08-27-2006, 04:43 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

made a mistake above the price was not $27750 it was $28750. this is $1000 over what you had to pay =/
Old 08-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Instructor

That's BS but you have to talk strictly with the fleet manager to get under invoice. Goto the acura website, search for all the dealers around socal. Then goto each individual dealer's website and find the Fleet Manager's email address. Email them saying something like I have a quote for 27200 for an 06 TSX navi/PWP/auto can you beat that price if yes I will be there tomorrow. Most will not respond, some will reply with that price is too low but I can do 27500 or something, and one or two might say yes. Then reply back to the ones that give you good quotes and ask them if they have the color you want in stock, if they reply no ask them if they can get it. I ended up getting mine for 27085 (navi/MT). I was able to get good quotes from Tustin, Keyes, and Santa Monica dealerships. Just make sure it's the fleet manager you're talking to. At most dealerships the Internet Sales manager is also the fleet manager manager but not always.
Old 08-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

hey tinter thanks a lot for your information i will get on it right away. Wow sounds like you got yourself an awesome deal there with close to $27000. Well im going to start on it right now thanks a lot again
Old 08-27-2006, 05:48 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

acura of glendale said they r willing to give me the car with $27,200 before TTL. but they have to locate the car for me. what do you guys think?
Old 08-28-2006, 06:54 AM
Intermediate

I think you now have the power to get the price you wanted from the dealer you first visited that had your car on the lot.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:16 PM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

Originally Posted by TonySX
I think you now have the power to get the price you wanted from the dealer you first visited that had your car on the lot.
Unless you're dealing with Weir Canyon. I was in the exact same situation. Weir Canyon stated in an email to me that they would "better or at least meet any legitimate offer." I took them at their word on this and obtained from Keyes Acura a quote IN WRITING for $27,200. Weir backpedaled, saying that they did not believe that this was a "legitimate" offer. I thought, "oh, how convenient, I guess you could decide that any offer wasn't legitimate if you didn't feel it was in your best interest." IMO Weir Canyon won't meet Glendale's price but I could be wrong. If you can get the car you want from Glendale I say go for it.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Cruisin'

I just bought my 06 PWP/Ebony AT Non-Navi earlier this month. One dealer did tell me it was a hard combo to find. (That could've been BS though because it turns out the dealer I did buy from located it from the dealer who told me it was rare) We got internet quotes from a few places first. Getting competing quotes ahead of time saved me hours of negotiation. I ended up going to the dealer closest to me because they happened to give me the best quote. I went there to take my first test drive, not intending at all to make a real purchase. But they knew I was interested, so they wrote out some numbers for me. It was $1k+ more than the internet quote we had gotten. So my boyfriend pointed that out. They said they could only match that price for a car they had in stock (no PWP/Eb in stock). I told them thanks, but I couldn't do that price for a car that was only my second choice color. They countered by asking if they could get my color combo, would I sign right now? I was still on the fence - really, I was going to wait until the end of the month to have some more leverage. But while I racked my brain over the tempting deal, they knocked it down another $600 and threw in a trunk tray, so I took it. It was within $200 of what I wouldn've thought would be the most unbeatable deal possible here in the Northeast. But why drag it on when I could have my baby ASAP!!

So, in short, yes! Go back to the dealer who does have it in stock and tell them you have someone who is willing to get it for you for $27,200! If they can beat the price, you'll sign right away! I don't think there's anything better for the dealer than getting a sale on a car that's in stock, so I believe they'll be eager to give you a deal as well! $27,200 seems like a good deal to me, but let's say just for the sake of it, you go in there and say you'll sign right now for $26,800 to see how low they'll go? Make sure you check the TSX Owner sign in thread and Edmunds.com for what ppl are buying it for around your area!
Old 08-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by blubird
I just bought my 06 PWP/Ebony AT Non-Navi earlier this month. One dealer did tell me it was a hard combo to find. (That could've been BS though because it turns out the dealer I did buy from located it from the dealer who told me it was rare) We got internet quotes from a few places first. Getting competing quotes ahead of time saved me hours of negotiation. I ended up going to the dealer closest to me because they happened to give me the best quote. I went there to take my first test drive, not intending at all to make a real purchase. But they knew I was interested, so they wrote out some numbers for me. It was $1k+ more than the internet quote we had gotten. So my boyfriend pointed that out. They said they could only match that price for a car they had in stock (no PWP/Eb in stock). I told them thanks, but I couldn't do that price for a car that was only my second choice color. They countered by asking if they could get my color combo, would I sign right now? I was still on the fence - really, I was going to wait until the end of the month to have some more leverage. But while I racked my brain over the tempting deal, they knocked it down another $600 and threw in a trunk tray, so I took it. It was within $200 of what I wouldn've thought would be the most unbeatable deal possible here in the Northeast. But why drag it on when I could have my baby ASAP!!

So, in short, yes! Go back to the dealer who does have it in stock and tell them you have someone who is willing to get it for you for $27,200! If they can beat the price, you'll sign right away! I don't think there's anything better for the dealer than getting a sale on a car that's in stock, so I believe they'll be eager to give you a deal as well! $27,200 seems like a good deal to me, but let's say just for the sake of it, you go in there and say you'll sign right now for $26,800 to see how low they'll go? Make sure you check the TSX Owner sign in thread and Edmunds.com for what ppl are buying it for around your area!
Where in NJ?
Just last week, there was a PWP/Ebony NAV 6MT on the lot in Open Road in EB.
Man, if they had that combo 6 months ago, I might've chose it over NHB/Ebony
Old 08-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Cruisin'

Bought mine at Montclair. Yes, my PWP/EB AT came from Open Road.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:51 PM
2nd Gear

I purchased a 06 PWP AT w/ Ebony interior without Nav from Sierra Alhambra Acura last month for $27800 OTD.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Instructor

I bought this EXACT same car you're looking for last month in Northern California for $27251 before TTL and $29600 OTD.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:13 AM
Instructor

oh yea another thing is pwp/ebony is hard to find...i believe it is new for the 06...it did not come in this combo for 04 or 05....and by exact same car you're looking for i mean pwp/ebony/nav/AT (absolutely no accessories though, ie. no mud guards, trunk tray, etc)
Old 08-29-2006, 04:24 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

hey guys i was wondering on the price about $27,200 is this including destination not not including?. Weir canyon just sent me an email telling me that they can beat any "legitimate" offer. But reading from one of your experiences i believe i will choose to not work with this dealership. I'm hoping that the price of $27,200 that you guys said is not including destination because i know destination is another 500 or so?. John Mckay from Tustin Acura offered me the car $27,150 INCLUDING destination. I want to know you guys opinion. Okay just for a quick response from me asking Tustin what is the OTD price. I'm gettin $29,551. I think i can do lower what do you guys think?

Btw i'm very tight on money right now i need the lowest price possible

Jon
Old 08-30-2006, 12:31 AM
Instructor

Including Destination =)
Old 08-30-2006, 12:35 AM
Instructor

wow 27,150 is VERY good...and you know if they offer that...you can at least go another $50-$100 lower....

oh and I love it when you tell them so and so only paid 27200...or some other low price and they say things like:

1. Someone must have messed up and they are losing a lot of money.
2. You must have mistaken, I don't really believe they are that aggressive (calling you a liar).
3. Your friend must have some hidden cost he's not telling you.

and then you tell them....I've been surfing AZ and found these offers....then they know you're well informed and they just say:

1. I can't beat that, go somewhere else where they can.
Old 08-30-2006, 12:37 AM
Instructor

wow 27,150 is VERY good...and you know if they offer that...you can at least go another $50-$100 lower....
Old 08-30-2006, 11:16 AM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

I'm surprised that McKay from Tustin offered such a good price. I couldn't get him to go lower than 27,550 and that was with a lot of effort on my part. If I could get the exact (and somewhat rare) color combo I wanted for 27,150 I would sign the papers. Yeah, maybe they might go 50 to 100 lower but how much time and hasseling with them do you want to put into this? The price doesn't drop indefinitely so if you can sleep at night with the decision you made, it was a good one. Oh, and the 27,500 I got from Weir did include destination and pro pkg.
I would love to see you present your offer to Weir and see if they find it to be "legitimate."
Old 08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
Jon (PWP FTW)

no Wier Canyon is not a good dealership IMO. They told me that they don't want to lose anymore money on the car and offered me the car for $29,997 OTD. i was like uhh this is like 500 more than from other dealerships. So he told me we'll our cars come with protection package and Xzilon paint protection. The other dealer does this as well. Then he comes and says well i will personally teach you how to use the navigation system and set up your blue tooth phone. I was like psh yeah like i'd pay $500 more to get your help and drive to a FARTHER dealership. psh Thomas Acura right now is the best with rates. $27,100 with the color i want and also the closest dealership. Lets hope this is good =]. Thanks for the help and support guys
Old 08-30-2006, 04:15 PM
3rd Gear

I got the PWP/ebony w/ Nav for 27,5, including splash guards, floor mats and cargo mat. Guy also mentioned it was a tough combo to find so maybe some Acura memo went out. Now that you've got the price you want, negotiate some of the extras in too. Nobody wants to lose a sale for $200 mats.

This was in Queens, NY btw, but I live in VA so I got to pay the 6& sales tax instead of 8.5
Old 08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
06 ASM/Ebony 5AT

My OTD price at Weir was 29,931. They tried to sell me everything under the sun, better anti-theft system, extended warranty, crappy paint protection. Why would I want to buy their stupid paint protection when as soon as I get the car home I have to polish out the dealer-installed swirls and marring anyway? Say no to their upsell.
( Took the mudguards off as soon as I realized that the car looks MUCH BETTER without them.) IMO.

You can get your trunk tray and wheel locks online for way less than the dealer charges. The all-season mats are great and I would think about getting a set of those if you can get the dealer to throw those in. Otherwise get them online for less than $100. If you feel you want an extended warranty, get that online too, or do what I did which was to print out my online quote and take it to the dealer. They did match that price.