Finally have my RBP with Parchment, with some preliminary pics and impressions.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 10:13 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
My rotors look a different colour.

Excited
Old 01-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, the rotors are in fact rusted. I've read that this happens sometimes after rain, which it did the past few days here. should i be concerned? a friend says it will wear right off. i noticed in the pics from the first night i had it, that the top of the rotors were rusted, but not the face of them (i don't know how to describe this, but basically, similar to the part of the wheel that would touch pavement, vs the face of the wheel)

Some further impressions of the vehicle:

Wish the bluetooth was a little more updated with phones out there (even though it's not necessarily their fault the companies won't offer software releases)

loving the ride, though i think some tire improvements would be even nicer, how long do these things last anyways?

loving the interior, but hating how i scuff the plastic when getting out, it's a bitch to get the mark out too. anyone have a good solution for this? vinlyx works on most things, but not this it seems. will try harder this weekend.

the seats are getting even softer and more comfortable, can't wait to put the conditioner on them to make em even better.

Ipod hookup is sweet, even just with the aux cable from headphone jack to aux in. can't wait to get the Monster car charger though, betting the sound improvement will be noticeable.

I don't like that you can't change channel by channel on the steering wheel. though you can use voice to say "xm scan" but let's face it, scan is too slow!

and then to top that off, i have to reach to the passenger side to turn the tune knob to change channel by channel. small complain, but complaint.

the glove box is a bit small. realizing there's not many places to store junk in this car due to that and the useless "THIS IS NOT AN ASHTRAY" in that great color. maybe this is a good thing though, as it will force me to not store junk in the car?

cup holders seem like they could be in a better place, but not complaining much about this, just something i noticed could be improved.

haven't had snow yet, but it handles well in the rain.

On fresh pavement, this thing feels amazing.....now i just need to convince NJ to pave the roads.....i'll settle for getting them to fix 10% of the potholes though.

Ummmm cant think of anything else right now....but TBC
Old 01-04-2006, 01:07 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

the glove box is a bit small. realizing there's not many places to store junk in this car due to that and the useless "THIS IS NOT AN ASHTRAY" in that great color. maybe this is a good thing though, as it will force me to not store junk in the car?

But not storing junk is good. The less junk you have in the car, the lighter it is, the faster you can go.

cup holders seem like they could be in a better place, but not complaining much about this, just something i noticed could be improved.
I wish someone would make a cupholder that would fit a 1litre Nalgene bottle! At the moment, it sits horizontally across the top of the cupholders (it's a nice, secure fit), but I'm stuck "wedging" my mp3 player between the cupholder door and the e-brake. It fits perfectly there, but I'd rather have it in a better place.

I'm also getting the slight vibration at idle when the engine's cold that other ppl have mentioned. It's a minor thing, and only when cold, but it's there.

And if those are all my complaints so far...
Old 01-04-2006, 01:21 AM
Intermediate

more pics:

Yep, can see what you mean about the 'top' of the rotor. I can see a little bit of that color stand out in this pic.

Also...I agree that does suck about the XM channel changing thing. Question: Can you make some XM Channels 'favorites' and then just scan through them with the steering wheel?
Old 01-04-2006, 06:37 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by sevans28
Yep, can see what you mean about the 'top' of the rotor. I can see a little bit of that color stand out in this pic.

Also...I agree that does suck about the XM channel changing thing. Question: Can you make some XM Channels 'favorites' and then just scan through them with the steering wheel?
you have XM1 and XM2 presets, 6 each. the channel button scrolls through your presets. same with FM1 and FM2. now, for FM, this is fine, since how often do you have more than 12 FM channels you're flipping. but XM, i'm switching one channel at a time on a regular basis.

oh and you don't just hit channel to go through all 12. channel will scroll you through the 6 on XM1, then you hit mode, and it switches to XM2. then you use channel to scroll through those 6.

it's very minor, just something that peeved me a bit.
Old 01-04-2006, 06:32 PM
Advanced.

That confirms it, I want the dark blue. Hehe. Looks great!
Old 01-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Coming up on the 3 week mark this monday some updates:

Well, I don't know if i mentioned the screw that was drilled into my front bumper for that stupid license plate holder, but on Monday, the dealer is going to switch my bumper with another car on the lot, so it won't have the screw in it. I'm very satisfied with this solution.

I finally have a comment on the wipers, since it's rained a lot this week and flurried a bit. they work great at keeping the entire window clean, and don't leave a lot of marks. when it's not a heavy rain, just a drizzle, there's no good speed that i found for them. everything is either too fast, or just a bit too slow.

not a big fan of using the variable speed option, or whatever it's called. but so far, the wipers are very nice. i put some rain x on the window too, so i barely use them
Old 01-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Instructor

Brady, I hope you realize that by posting those pics, it caused me to go back to my dealer and change my order to a RBP with the Parchment. It looks so nice! So now I have to wait an extra month to get it, but I think it will be worth it.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Trophyhead
Brady, I hope you realize that by posting those pics, it caused me to go back to my dealer and change my order to a RBP with the Parchment. It looks so nice! So now I have to wait an extra month to get it, but I think it will be worth it.

it's worth it!

what was your original choice?

trust me, it's worth it.

i'll keep the pics coming to hold you over!
Old 01-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Instructor

Original choice was RBP, but with ebony and no navi. I decided I wanted the navi and after seeing your pics, decided parchment was the way to go.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Trophyhead
Original choice was RBP, but with ebony and no navi. I decided I wanted the navi and after seeing your pics, decided parchment was the way to go.

i was RBP/ebony originally. my dealer got it in, but with no navi! i was furious. so furious, started calling other dealers. another dealer had it, but they were far away, and notorious for not budging on price. another dealer had RBP/parch. the salesman said, you don't want dark interior with dark extorior...wait til you see this.....

saw it, loved it, bought it.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:03 AM
Still Lovin my 06

the high on sunday in hoboken is 38 degrees. how the heck am i gonna wash my baby?

I'll be visiting Open Road Acura on Monday to get my bumper swapped out....thinking of mentioning the rusted looking rotors....but i don't think it's a big deal.

anyways, maybe they'll give it a nice washing, and i can not freeze my ass off tomorrow!