Finally Got My ABP

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Finally Got My ABP

Picked it up last night. It had .9 of a mile on the odometer. It's at the tint shop today getting tinted and having a clear bra put on it. The navigation system is excellent and intuitive which pleased my wife.
Old 06-21-2005, 10:39 AM
Quattro in.....

Congrats!
Old 06-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by msbesq
Picked it up last night. It had .9 of a mile on the odometer. It's at the tint shop today getting tinted and having a clear bra put on it. The navigation system is excellent and intuitive which pleased my wife.
Congratulations

Pleasing the wife is always a good thing. 0.9mi on the ODO? Did the dealership even give it a good check-out drive and prep before you picked it up?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:45 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Welcom and congrats on the car...break her in nicely
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 AM
Life's a beach

Congrats! Great color choice; I just got one too.

I have a couple of questions on the clear bra. I have been browsing the XPel site. Their product list for the TSX is here: http://tinyurl.com/bhsbh

I gather that clear bras are virtually unnoticeable (but exactly HOW unnoticeable?), they protect from the elements including pebbles and such, and they provide a nice shine. Any other advantages?

And what about washing the car and/or waxing with Zaino? Do the procedures change now that the clear bra is on there? Do you still wash the car with Dawn first and then apply ZFX and Z-2 (which is formulated for clear coat but I don't know about clear bra Scotchguard, which is different)?
Old 06-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Congrats on the new TSX And welcome to AZ Now get out there and
Old 06-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jlukja
Congratulations

Pleasing the wife is always a good thing. 0.9mi on the ODO? Did the dealership even give it a good check-out drive and prep before you picked it up?
There was a pretty thorough checklist they went over and it took them 7 hours to prep and check the car. I feel comfortable with their work. The dealership, John Eagle Acura, is well-known and well respected in Houston.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site
Old 06-21-2005, 12:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Winterwaves
Congrats! Great color choice; I just got one too.

I have a couple of questions on the clear bra. I have been browsing the XPel site. Their product list for the TSX is here: http://tinyurl.com/bhsbh

I gather that clear bras are virtually unnoticeable (but exactly HOW unnoticeable?), they protect from the elements including pebbles and such, and they provide a nice shine. Any other advantages?

And what about washing the car and/or waxing with Zaino? Do the procedures change now that the clear bra is on there? Do you still wash the car with Dawn first and then apply ZFX and Z-2 (which is formulated for clear coat but I don't know about clear bra Scotchguard, which is different)?
You can see a line extending from one end of the hood to the other. It's completely unnoticeable on other areas of the car. I have a clear bra on my Miata and very few people notice it and when I explain what it is, the universal response is "I wish I had done that." You can wash and wax over any clear bra. I have X-Pel on the Miata. I don't use Zaino--I like Meguiars's products thus I can't tell you the procedure.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:35 PM
Racer

msbesq CONGRATS on finally taking delivery on your car, I know you have been counting down these days. You will be proud to know that you have one of the rarest colored navi TSX's in Houston. My first choice was your color, but I still love my CG just as much. Im starting to see the CG more frequently now and I have a new neighbor with a red TSX. We are still pretty rare in Houston though. Ive only seen 1 APB on the road in SW Houston so far. Enjoy the car and break it in as reccomended!

Also great idea on getting the clear bra ASAP. I went with Xpert tint down the freeway from Sterling McCall just for the convenience. Just so you know, you influenced my decision to have it done asap. Thanks!

I kinda wish I would have had more clear shot onto the car first though before doing the bra. I think I can achieve a SEMA/Autoshow shine on the stock paint and clear anyways.

Congrats again! Enjoy the car!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:26 AM
Life's a beach

Thanks for the info on the clear bra. You guys are influencing me to get one soon. Any good reputable shops in So. California?

Msbesq, congrats again on a rare (and I think, best) color choice. That's why I waited so long for mine -- I just had to have that color. I couldn't be happier with it. And so far, I have seen NO other APB TSX's in my area. None. Lots of other colors (esp. CG) but no APB's. So it's sort of a nice bonus to be a bit more unique.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:53 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
a clear bra does sound like a good idea...

i'm not too concerned about the exposed end seams on the side mirrors or bumpers, but if you were to apply a clear bra on the hood, is it really noticeable? is it recommended to clear bra the whole hood, or just a portion on the nose?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Advanced

Thanks everyone for the kind words. The standard clear bra covers the first approximately 20% of the hood. That's generally enough. I don't know of a manufacturer that makes a bra for the entire hood. It's not inherently noticeable unless someone is looking closely at your hood.