A Few 2005 Cost Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004 | 06:18 AM
8th Gear

A Few 2005 Cost Questions

Disclaimer: I didn't see an suitable thread that answered this so my apologies if this is a duplicate. If so, please relocate/redirect as needed.

I need some help with a buyer's order for a 2005 (TSX), 6 spd, non-navi

I would like to know if anyone, especially in my region, is being charged an advertising fee - my quote has a $300 ad fee and I would like to know what others are experiencing. Edmunds says it's negotiable and is typically a function of the region.

Also, does anyone have a quote on getting fog lights installed by the dealer before delivery? I would like to have an idea of what to expect so I can determine if what I am looking at is reasonable.

Thanks!
Old 12-02-2004 | 06:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MachOne
Disclaimer: I didn't see an suitable thread that answered this so my apologies if this is a duplicate. If so, please relocate/redirect as needed.

I would like to know if anyone, especially in my region, is being charged an advertising fee - my quote has a $300 ad fee and I would like to know what others are experiencing. Edmunds says it's negotiable and is typically a function of the region.

Also, does anyone have a quote on getting fog lights installed by the dealer before delivery? I would like to have an idea of what to expect so I can determine if what I am looking at is reasonable.

Thanks!
I dont have a quote, but any extra's you add on there are going to be outrageous. You would be better of buying them for cash online, and either installing them yourself, or paying someone else besides a dealer to install. As for the advertising fee, i am sure it is negotiable.
Old 12-02-2004 | 06:48 AM
Safety Car

Don't pay the advertising fee - I looked on my papers and I did not see that fee. Also expect to pay about $500 for fogs & installation. This install is about a 3.5 on a 5 scale.
Old 12-02-2004 | 06:52 AM
Race Director

There's all kinds of fees that a dealer could tack on and call them whatever he wants - it's up to you if you want to pay them - none of them, except destination, is required.
Old 12-02-2004 | 08:36 AM
2005 TSX 5AT, ABP

Advertising and Admin fees are bogus. You should be able to negotiate those right down. Look around the threads some more, and look for pricing discussions. (You can do an advanced search) This will give you a good idea of what range you should be paying.

I paid an admin fee of $175CAD, but was able to get some extras thrown in for free and got a pretty good discount off MSRP.

Don't know about pricing on Foglights, but if you're not getting them for cosmetic reasons, then I wouldn't suggest buying them. The Xenon's are pretty blinding already.
Old 12-02-2004 | 09:06 AM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

i know that when i bought my car, i had them add foglights and spoiler in. i did oay for them, but i did not pay the installation. I was like "i would like fogs and spoiler on the car". they have me the price that you find online at acura's site. they didn't mention installation charges.......that's is you buy them at the time of purchase of car, or you can negotiate the installation without buying from them. ie. " i have someone that can get me fogs for under your price, but can u guys install them for me" and if they say yes ask them if they could throw that in for free, and they will write you a promisary note that they still owe you some things after you pick-up the car. we did that with my dad's old pick-up he were like i want fogs, but i have a set and we talked them into in stalling it for free, when we signed all the paperwork there was one there that stated what they still had to owe us.......
Old 12-02-2004 | 01:01 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally Posted by MachOne

Thanks!
Acura dealers usually don't charge ad fees or anything like that. In fact, Acura USA discourages that practice. I'd refuse to pay, or walk.