Fender Bender turns into hit and run possible DUI

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fender Bender turns into hit and run possible DUI

Well, this morning was quite eventful. Some time after midnight I pulling into a crowded entrance gate to the apt complex, having a key i pull towards the front near the gate.

Well apparently someone was already at the gate and was using his key. Well shortly after I came to a stop n waiting this person decides that he doesnt have his key, throws it into reverse and just plows into the front of my TSX at this point i was like he just hit me and is not stopping.

Jumping out of my car i begin to yell all kinds of things like stop get out of the car n what not. After some yelling he gets out denys it all then eventually flees the scene. Writing down his plate numbers called the police.

Few minutes later this guy comes back to the scene, and im thinking great this guy is going to ram the back of my car, well pulling some stupid stunt, he tries again to get into the gate, fails and parks his car in the visitor lot and runs out on foot.

At this point im about The first trooper arrives, n things start getting processed and what not. More cops show, the final count on squad cars came some where around 7 to 9. I was VERY impressed by the majority of thier behavior and what not. Granted I cooled down a bit and put the maglight away.

Well later the monring, I call his insurance agent. They had towed his car and ran all the information so I was able to file a report w.o him being there. Starting to get the ball rolling things went pretty smoothly.

Checking the damage it isnt too bad, a bunch of cosmetic but I am a bit worried about the foam and what not underneeth the bumper. Granted he hit me hard enough that i had to put my foot all the way to the floor on the brakes and still moved a bit. He popped the windsheild wiper fluid cap off and the foglight covers aswell.

So now thats one of my concerns is the foam underneeth, the bumper is going to get replaced, i refuse to have them try n jerry rig something. So i went n called up both Courtsey Acura and Foutain Acura. Apparently both have body shops and are all qualified. Now i need to ask which shop is better, who has better service and what should I stay away from.

Is there something I should specifically look for, watch out for n what not.

I will probably take my own pictures, but im going to email the insurance rep to see if i can get her to email me the pictures aswell.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,860 Likes on 2,580 Posts
that sucks
Old 07-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Instructor

?? picturesss
Old 07-15-2006, 07:17 PM
Have camera, will travel

Sounds like you ran into a real bonehead. Hope it works out for you.
Old 07-15-2006, 07:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by waTSX
Sounds like you ran into a real bonehead. Hope it works out for you.
figures, were waiting for him to be bonded out of prision if he was arrested that night.

any one from orlando been to the dealers?
Old 07-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Got Phó?

DAmn....sorry to hear that. If i was in that position, he showed up after he ran away, i would have kick his ass real bad.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by drunkenbuda
DAmn....sorry to hear that. If i was in that position, he showed up after he ran away, i would have kick his ass real bad.
believe me, if i felt "threatened" or anything that would justify my use of the maglight, i would be more than willing to really just unload it on him.

i think he was much more afraid of me, i wasnt too plesant when in intended to be heard and obeyed.

anyway, i took some pics before, ill post em tomrrow, well later on today.

still need to find out about the dealerships tho, maybe mods can put something like that in the title
Old 07-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

acutally, another question.

ive been trying to see if the transmission is screwy, becuase he basically pushed me while my foot was to the floor on the brakes and i was in drive.

what exactly should i be looking for? hearing? feeling?

it seems as if im picking every little blip in smooth reving, almost too much noticing.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
If your brakes were on, I'd be more concerned about the tires being flatspotted. Your transmission, though it might have gotten a jolt, was probably "disconnected" at the torque converter at the time because you were already stopped.

As for the body shop, they usually are at the dealership. Instead, the dealership contracts out to someone local that they certify. I have had good experiences with dealer certified body shops as they are often pretty expensive ones and work for several different dealerships and manufacturers. I would call the dealers again and try to get the name of the actual body shop they use. For all you know, they could both be using the same one.
Old 07-16-2006, 12:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
If your brakes were on, I'd be more concerned about the tires being flatspotted. Your transmission, though it might have gotten a jolt, was probably "disconnected" at the torque converter at the time because you were already stopped.

As for the body shop, they usually are at the dealership. Instead, the dealership contracts out to someone local that they certify. I have had good experiences with dealer certified body shops as they are often pretty expensive ones and work for several different dealerships and manufacturers. I would call the dealers again and try to get the name of the actual body shop they use. For all you know, they could both be using the same one.
well orignally they wanted me to go to some progressive body shop and use thier guys and what not. I refused to go there, and said it has to be through my dealership. She gave me the name of one that they were going to try and use. So i went n called the local dealerships (Fountain and Courtsey) to see where they send work out. I told them exactly what i was doing and they were very nice about it.

Courtsey uses two of thier dealerships with body shops attached to them. Jeep Chrystler and another one. Fountain has a body shop attached to the Acura dealership, i beleive or theyre all in one central place and share a body shop in that mix

So if its all the same stuff its going to come down to whichever is closer to me and easier to get to. Such a big hassle, and I refuse to get stuck with some POS ford focus while they fix my car. But thats another issue in itself, seeing that i drive close to 300 miles a week becuase of school n what not.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

alrite a few more questions.

i want the bumper replaced ovbiously. im concerned about the foam underneeth the bumper. what else should i have them look for or should i stay there n look myself?

the windsheild wiper fluid cover was popped open aswell as the fog lights so it took a nice hit and poped out. the center of the bumper clips have to be broken beucase i can jerk it around a bit but it hangs nicely.

the pictures dont do justice, since you just see the scratches and cant tell that some of the gaps arent aligned properly