Enjoying my new PWP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bibby
Congrats on the new car. Sucks to have rain in Vancouver all the time. I live in Richmond, works at DT. If you ever come down to Rich or hv lunch in DT, gimme a shout. I drive a CG 05 with navi and body kit...with a lip spoiler. Cheers!
thanx buddy,wa,massey tunnel everyday must be a pain eh? I come down to richmond like 4 times a week.And I am also planning to move to Rich.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 PM
Instructor

Ok,now something about the car,real stuff. I felt the idle vibration on the steering wheel too.Only when cold start,back to normal in about 3 minutes.Seems to be normal to me or???
Old 03-07-2006, 07:54 PM
TSX4EVR

Congrats on your new TSX. The PWP is a great colour. You have one more official chore to do:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...t=27392&page=5

Excited
Old 03-08-2006, 11:18 AM
Instructor

I, and many others on the board have that vibration when cold start. Some believe it's normal, others believe not. But I believe it is normal because everyone has it during cold starts. And btw, DT = Downtown, not Delta. Sorry for the confusion bud. : )
Old 03-08-2006, 11:24 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bibby
I, and many others on the board have that vibration when cold start. Some believe it's normal, others believe not. But I believe it is normal because everyone has it during cold starts. And btw, DT = Downtown, not Delta. Sorry for the confusion bud. : )
Wa,you drove a lot too eh? Granville bridge then....
This morning,the weather was soooo annoying... I didn't even expect that snow would fall.Driving very carefully on barnett hwy,didn't see VSA kick in,handles good.
I don't know if the low beam light should be on if it's snowing or raining here in van,saw everybody turned low beam on?
Old 03-08-2006, 11:52 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Originally Posted by exexexex
I don't know if the low beam light should be on if it's snowing or raining here in van,saw everybody turned low beam on?
YES!!! Rain/snow = low light/visibility => lights ON! At the very least, people behind you will be able to see your taillights.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by swirlie
YES!!! Rain/snow = low light/visibility => lights ON! At the very least, people behind you will be able to see your taillights.
o,my bad........... need to read that orange book again.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Instructor

At least that book is better than textbooks I used to read for school. : )
Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Hehe, np. I just hate when people don't use their lights when they should. I've seen too many incidents where cars all but disappear in heavy rain because they don't have their lights on. When the world is gray and you're kicking up a spray of gray, vehicles tend to blend in without lights.

I've spent a LOT of time with my nose in some textbooks... not because I was reading them, but because I fell asleep trying to read them.
Old 03-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Have camera, will travel

PWP looks great! Enjoy.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Instructor

Seems that there's a problem............
This morning,it was cold outside,yes,I admit.However,the steering wheel vibration feeling doesn't really go away even after 20 minutes of driving.I idled for like 4 minutes before I took off,for the first 10 minutes,it's big time,then afer 20 minutes,less,but still there.I kinda start to worry what's going on there.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Seems that there's a problem............
This morning,it was cold outside,yes,I admit.However,the steering wheel vibration feeling doesn't really go away even after 20 minutes of driving.I idled for like 4 minutes before I took off,for the first 10 minutes,it's big time,then afer 20 minutes,less,but still there.I kinda start to worry what's going on there.
Whenever you feel that vibration again, turn off the "A/C" compressor and see if that goes away. If it goes away, then that's just a load on the engine.
Old 03-11-2006, 01:18 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Whenever you feel that vibration again, turn off the "A/C" compressor and see if that goes away. If it goes away, then that's just a load on the engine.
no,I always leave the AC off these days since the weather is still kinda cold.Whenever I came to a stop,I can feel the vibration at the steering wheel.That's a given or???
Old 03-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Have camera, will travel

no,I always leave the AC off these days since the weather is still kinda cold.Whenever I came to a stop,I can feel the vibration at the steering wheel.That's a given or???
You do know that whenever you put the windshield defroster on the A/C compressor comes on too, right? Regardless of the temperature setting. When the A/C is on, the engine is under greater load, which might explain the vibration.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:48 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Finally,last night we managed to get to Northshore Acura with the plates.My friend there did the delivery for me.
My feeling till now is"drives like a dream" Didn't do any spirited driving at all since my wife was in the car.However,I can definitely feel the engine power and cornering capability.This morning I was on my way back home and tried to use sport shift give engine a bit more run.One shift down,the rpm climbed to almost 5.1k,the car was like a bullet.
Humm,maybe I am coming from a 92 Accord EX-R,the power and handling on TSX made me so happy and that's way more than what I want from it.
This morning I went out and noticed some dust on the dash board and centre console already?? Guess I need to go to Canadian Tire today and grab some stuffs to protect my new babay.
Haven't paired my V3 yet,gonna try it when I head out to work this afternoon.The sound system is what I kinda feel I was using 4 alpines in my old accord and somehow they sound a bit deeper than the 8 Pioneers now.Maybe just needs some break-in,if they still sound like this in a month,then Alpine components should be on the list then.
Wait for a sunny day and wash my car then take some pictures.Right now I have only one back end shot.

Congrats on your new ride buddy!! Looks hot and I love that color too. So I will see you at the April 15th Meet soon. Try to rally some of your TSX buddies to come out for the meet too. Meet/pics/cruise to Whistler should be fun!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ed99
Congrats on your new ride buddy!! Looks hot and I love that color too. So I will see you at the April 15th Meet soon. Try to rally some of your TSX buddies to come out for the meet too. Meet/pics/cruise to Whistler should be fun!!!
thanx buddy.I will try my best to go,if I am not scheduled to work at that day.Whistler is nice,I know.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:44 AM
Instructor

So,the squeak begins. It's getting kinda annoying now.At the very beginning,I was thinking it was my weight I am just wondering that why Acura knows this as a infamous problem yet they don't do anything about it.From 04 to 06,on and on.
And I found out a funny thing,named"gradelogic"by my friend.It's like,when you go down hill,you give the same amount of gas,the car will hold the current gear and won't shift up,if it's in the higher gears,it will downshift by itself.I kinda found this to be weird since my old cars didn't do things like this.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Instructor

I get that everyday when I drive to work after going down the Granville slope...normal.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

And I found out a funny thing,named"gradelogic"by my friend.It's like,when you go down hill,you give the same amount of gas,the car will hold the current gear and won't shift up,if it's in the higher gears,it will downshift by itself.I kinda found this to be weird since my old cars didn't do things like this.
It's called "technology and advancement".
It's something all manual drivers *should* (sadly, a friend's friend doesn't... burning brakes, anyone? *shudder*) know to do anyway, and what newer autos are doing more and more. It keeps your optimal speed without needing your brakes.
And if you've ever smelled the evil evil evil evil evil burning brakes after coming down a mountain because somebody was riding their brakes, you'll be very glad you have that technology. Not to mention your brake rotors will thank you.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by swirlie
It's called "technology and advancement".
It's something all manual drivers *should* (sadly, a friend's friend doesn't... burning brakes, anyone? *shudder*) know to do anyway, and what newer autos are doing more and more. It keeps your optimal speed without needing your brakes.
And if you've ever smelled the evil evil evil evil evil burning brakes after coming down a mountain because somebody was riding their brakes, you'll be very glad you have that technology. Not to mention your brake rotors will thank you.
when did they start to put this kinda of techs to the cars,sorry,I drove early 90s all the time before.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Instructor

Ok,guys,I am really getting there now. :angryfire The bluetooth in 06s can't really dial the numbers that I say,even when stationary.I just don't get it,how can a voice system built like that? I mentioned that I tried on the lexus cars,all the same,and they stated in the manual that just say like you would normally speak,I did,but just didn't work.Again and again,I need to say 10 times to get it right and dial sometimes.Gees,I am going to acura next monday and get this sort out,plus my squeaky seats,there must be a way out to get it more acurate,no? I will make a call to the GM over at Acura today and let him know what my concerns are.
Another thing is the answering option.If my phone is bonded to the car already,there would be no way that I choose the answering option when I am driving? Many times that the call came in and I had to ignore since my wife was in the car with me.Like,there's no way I can still answer by my phone alone? I tried that out,after I push the "answer" button,the sound is still coming out through the car speakers.
I charged up my HS-850 last night,if there's no way to improve anything,I'd better stick with my headset and dump the HFL.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

when did they start to put this kinda of techs to the cars,sorry,I drove early 90s all the time before.
Mid to late 90s were when the first implementations came started showing, I would guess.

Ok,guys,I am really getting there now. :angryfire The bluetooth in 06s can't really dial the numbers that I say,even when stationary.I just don't get it,how can a voice system built like that? I mentioned that I tried on the lexus cars,all the same,and they stated in the manual that just say like you would normally speak,I did,but just didn't work.Again and again,I need to say 10 times to get it right and dial sometimes.Gees,I am going to acura next monday and get this sort out,plus my squeaky seats,there must be a way out to get it more acurate,no? I will make a call to the GM over at Acura today and let him know what my concerns are.
Another thing is the answering option.If my phone is bonded to the car already,there would be no way that I choose the answering option when I am driving? Many times that the call came in and I had to ignore since my wife was in the car with me.Like,there's no way I can still answer by my phone alone? I tried that out,after I push the "answer" button,the sound is still coming out through the car speakers.
I charged up my HS-850 last night,if there's no way to improve anything,I'd better stick with my headset and dump the HFL.
Stop slurring and/or mumbling!
The mic is beside the homelink buttons. Try speaking a little slower and enunciate more clearly.
I believe you can unlink your phone. In fact, I think the command is "unlink".
Old 03-17-2006, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Stop slurring and/or mumbling!
The mic is beside the homelink buttons. Try speaking a little slower and enunciate more clearly.
I believe you can unlink your phone. In fact, I think the command is "unlink".
Yeah,I will try that out.......I am just a bit frustrated,the weather was bad as well.
Old 03-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Instructor

I thought the system on the TSX was one of the most, if not the most, advanced with speech recognition? I know when I messed with the car at the dealer, the thing was amazing and had a really quick and accurate response. But then again, it all depends on speech habits of the individual.