Ed Napelton Acura in Elmhurst, IL

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2004, 09:24 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Ed Napelton Acura in Elmhurst, IL

STAY AWAY FROM ED NAPELTON ACURA!!!!!!

They're freakin slow as ASS!!!

I went there on a Tuesday to buy the car. They started the paperwork and it was basically finished within a half hour. They sent my paperwork to Finance and thats when the waiting began....

15 minutes went by and I heard nothing. 45 minutes ; nothing. An hour and a half ; still nothing.

I was getting pissed and asked WTF was taking sooo long. They then told me they were still working on paperwork from the previous Saturday and would finish all that up within the next 15 minutes.

I waited a little longer. A total of THREE HOURS passed and they still hadn't processed my info. I took back my down payment check and they asked me to leave a $50 deposit so they could hold the car. I left them the $50 check. BIG MISTAKE. They said they would call me back by the end of the day to let me know what kind of financing they can put together. NO CALL.

I called on Wednesday to find out what was going on and they ONCE AGAIN told me that they were still backed up on paperwork from the weekend.. I WAS PISSED!!! I told the sales manager I wanted my $50 deposit back and he said a check would be made and mailed out within the day..

I went to McGrath Acura in Morton Grove Thursday night after work. They had the same car in stock. I got the price knocked down $2k under sticker, I left a $1k deposit to hold the car till Saturday. They told me ALL of my financing options on Friday morning and I picked up the car Saturday morning. It couldn't have been a simpler process.

Meanwhile 3 weeks after I buy the car I still don't have my $50 check back from Ed Napelton. I went there today to demand my money back and they told me they'd have the check cut within 5 minutes. They then tried to sell me on going to their service department....FUCK NO. I waited and waited and waited. I got there at 11:15 and was told it'd take 5 minutes. I waited around until 12:15 when the manager on duty told me that they had my check and needed the sales managers signature to give me the check. The sales manager was due in at 1:00pm. I went to lunch and came back at 1:10pm. The sales manager hadn't arrived yet.

1:30, 2:00, 2:30 came around and still the sales manager wasn't there yet. When I asked why I still didn't have my check they said they didn't know why the sales manager hadn't arrived yet. I spent THREE FUCKING HOURS in that place and they originally told me it'd take 5 minutes....

I was PISSED!!! I started bashing the dealership and actually got two couple's to leave. Two of the salesmen tried to calm me down otherwise they'd have to ask me to leave. I told them to mail me the check.

We'll see what happens from here. That fucking dealership is horrible. I realize that the only issue here is a $50 check which doesn't mean much to me. Im just pissed that they waisted soooo much of my time.

STAY AWAY FROM ED NAPELTON!!!!

Phil
Old 03-03-2004, 12:10 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah they suck. You should keep going back until you get your check. Did they ever cash it? I think the strategy of going down there and bashing the dealership would work real well on a Sat. They'll give you your check. Also, I'd call the BBB to report them for theft/fraud.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:29 AM
bleh...

This was one of the reasons why I didn't like to deal with Chicago Acura dealers and ended up buying my TSX in Kansas City!

I went to Pauly Acura, Rizza Acura, Continental Acura, and both McGrath Acura locations, but none of them would negociate with me. They were all trying to sell me a TSX way above sticker when I know I could get one for less. For example, at McGrath in Morton Grove I looked at a CG TSX 5AT and they were asking $29k after the accessories I wanted added to the car, wtf! This was from my friend who used to sell cars at McGrath before she moved away....and she couldn't give me a fair price on the car?

Pauly Acura did the same thing asking way too much for the car, but also this time the finance dept gave me the run around. They didnt think I could afford the car and stuff. So I just went and took my business elsewhere

After all that trying to negociate and mess with financing I went to Superior Acura in KC and got my TSX for way less than I would in Chicago, although, its not a CG TSX I had originally want, I don't mind.

Continental Acura service is the plus side.
Old 03-03-2004, 01:58 PM
DPZ
Advanced

Wow. That's dreadful. Does your bank charge you for stopping payment on a check?

I had an okay experience getting a test drive there but didn't get down to negotiating seriously. That's ridiculous what they did to you. I'd get a manager there and let them know if you don't get the check in X days, you'll continue bashing them all over the place. They should wise up. I'd think your post here alone would have dissuaded a few customers.
Old 03-06-2004, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Agree that Napleton sucked for you.

My experience was better. Only ChiTown dealer who would go below 500$ under sticker back in Oct. for a car which needed to be ordered (MS/6/Nav). Got $800 below (w/ "free" lock, flaps, tray).

Took a month longer than promised - so I had them throw in all-season mats.

Took about 1 hour to deal with the paperwork, and they got me 0.25% less on a loan I walked in with (3.25% for 60 mo).

Bottom line - no problems so far (knock-knock).
Old 03-06-2004, 08:43 PM
such a dirty birdy

Three hours is about two hours and 50 minutes longer than I'd spend chasing a $50 refund. Call it a learning experience and move on.

Or, you could try suggesting to them that if they don't pay, they will incur the wrath of the Order of the Green Ring and see how they respond to that.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

Interested

Can you post more information on this? how much fees is involved and what is your total cost? Thanks!
Old 04-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Cruisin'

I had a good experience there, but the financing aspect did take about 2 hours, and then all they were going to give me was 9%, getting that sorted out was about 40 minutes. I ended up test driving the car two seperate times and a TL, and the saleman waited while the financing was being finished. They were also the only dealership in the Chicago area that had a CG grey AT Navi in stock, much less discounted it. McGrath, 90% sure it was them, had a CG black but ask them for a similar price as Napleton, and they said they could not touch that until the 2005's came out.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:09 AM
Cruisin'

Wow, what a horrible experience. There are a couple lessons learned here for those looking to purchase soon:

1. Never leave cash or check as a deposit. Use your credit card. They might hem and haw but tell them it's the only way you deal. They will come around if they want the sale. This avoids the entire situation.

You can cancel a credit charge and let the credit company settle the dispute.

2. Don't let the dealership dictate the terms to you. Stay in control. Let them know that with your check, you are paying customer and will be down to the showroom everyday to discuss your situation with potential customers. They will blow you off until you show up the next day...

3. Be polite and non-disruptive. Don' give the cops a reason to have you removed.

4. File a claim with the BBB and bring a copy of your complaint to the dealership in an envalope for the owner. Give a copy to the sales manager and also let them both know that a copy was sent to Honda/Acura USA.

Acura is a company that is trying to play with the big-boys...BMW, Mercedes, Lexus. People enjoy the treatment they receive from these companies (especially Lexus). I'm sure Acura would be very interested in how customers are treated at this particular dealership.

Hope this helps those shopping around.