Econo Fuel Chips

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Econo Fuel Chips

any body heard of these things?
http://www.emf-health.com/biopro-gaschips.htm
buddy called me up and said his mechanic offered it to him. i personally never heard of it, so i did search on here and nothing came up. just wondering what do you guys think about it.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by CHRONIC
any body heard of these things?
http://www.emf-health.com/biopro-gaschips.htm
buddy called me up and said his mechanic offered it to him. i personally never heard of it, so i did search on here and nothing came up. just wondering what do you guys think about it.
Looks to me like a tank full of
Old 06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
Banned

I doubt if there was no downside and It raises fuel economy, I wouldn't know about it, sounds like a can Bullshit to me...
Old 06-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Instructor

Don't you think manufacturers would simply put these in their cars from the factory if the statements were true.

The US gov't has placed standards on automanufaturers to increase their fleet MPG by a certain level by a year a cannot recall. If it were this simple and cheap, I would think the manufacturers would have done this already to meet these standards.

my two cents.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:24 AM
Instructor

Did you guys check out the vendor site? It reads as if they are just a pair of "special sitckers" that you stick to the outside of your gas tank.

Wonder if they toss in the deed to Brooklin Bridge or at least some magic beans if you act now?
Old 06-07-2005, 10:33 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by weapon-x
Did you guys check out the vendor site? It reads as if they are just a pair of "special sitckers" that you stick to the outside of your gas tank.

Wonder if they toss in the deed to Brooklin Bridge or at least some magic beans if you act now?

1. Before applying the Chips, thoroughly clean a small area on the bottom of your gas-tank of grease and dust. If necessary, use a wire-brush to clean the area properly.

2. Peel off the paper on the back of each Chip, place them approximately 5-10 inches apart from each other and firmly press the adhesive side of each of the Econo-Gas Chips onto the cleaned area.

3. While the Chips’ adhesive is strong, we recommend using super glue to securely attach the Chips to the gas-tank. While not necessary in most cases, you may want to consider hiring a mechanic to help you attach the Chips on your tank if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself. DO NOT use duct tape or any kind of tape over the Chips to secure them to the fuel tank. Attach the Chips using the adhesive side.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:00 AM
04 remembrance

This has got to be a joke if people are actually purchasing these stickers for $150.00
Old 06-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Instructor

Hmm.. Wonder how much it would cost me to get some stickers of my own printed up.

Here we go, only $99.99 free s/h if you act now.

What the heck I'm feeling generous I'll toss in an extra 2 for a total of four chips, so you can save twice as much gas.
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM
Instructor

OMG, I didn't even read that far ahead.

that is hilarious!! ha ha ha....i wonder how many suckers they have caught.

This thing is similar, yet even more pathetic, than the tornado fuel saver/HP increaser thingy. My brother in law has a tornado. I don't believe it has done Sh*t.

HOwever, could you imagine the fuel savings you'll get with the fuel saver, and the micro chips!!! You'll about double your MPG and HP!!! :troutslap
Old 06-07-2005, 11:54 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I already bought it.....
Old 06-07-2005, 11:57 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
While not necessary in most cases, you may want to consider hiring a mechanic to help you attach the Chips on your tank if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself.
Can you imagine what the mechanic would say if you brought this to him
Old 06-07-2005, 11:59 AM
ABP TSX

Econo Fuel Chips are bad umkay . . . . .
Old 06-07-2005, 12:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
I love that in the FAQ, the question "Where did this technology come from?" is answered with "From Europe". There must be a lot of retarded people out there who believe this shit...
Old 06-07-2005, 12:18 PM
Instructor

YO YO UPDATE!!!!
alright this is jokes my buddy went into his mechanic yesterday to get his clutch fixed, and he asked da dude to install the chips for him to test out, and if it's good he'll pay him later. dude calls me up right away while he's still driving and says that he could definately feel a boost in low end power from 2000-4000rpm!!!!!!
i was like WHAT! you gotta be kidding me but he tells me he can definately feel it pull harder, i'll keep you guys updated on what kind of MPG's he's getting, but i couldn't stop laughing when he was telling me...
Old 06-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Instructor

7. Is it necessary to change my vehicle’s oil-change schedule in order for the Econo Gas Chips to be effective?
In order for you to benefit from the Econo Gas Chips, it is not a prerequisite to change oil sooner than recommended by your vehicle’s maintenance schedule. However, if you want to accelerate the performance of the Econo Gas Chips and your vehicle, it is advisable to change your vehicles’ oil after 4-5 tanks of gas (or 1,500-2,000 miles – whichever comes sooner) AFTER having applied the Chips to your gas tank. Carbon deposits that built up in the engine over time will drop into the oil pan after the Chips have been applied, and cleaning out these deposits will accelerate the performance of the Chips

ha haha ha ha ha, how would changing the OIL accelerate the performance of a chip placed underneath the fuel tank? They just said that the chips affect the gasoline itself..... HAHA this has GOT to be a joke.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DCyamaha
7. Is it necessary to change my vehicle’s oil-change schedule in order for the Econo Gas Chips to be effective?
In order for you to benefit from the Econo Gas Chips, it is not a prerequisite to change oil sooner than recommended by your vehicle’s maintenance schedule. However, if you want to accelerate the performance of the Econo Gas Chips and your vehicle, it is advisable to change your vehicles’ oil after 4-5 tanks of gas (or 1,500-2,000 miles – whichever comes sooner) AFTER having applied the Chips to your gas tank. Carbon deposits that built up in the engine over time will drop into the oil pan after the Chips have been applied, and cleaning out these deposits will accelerate the performance of the Chips

ha haha ha ha ha, how would changing the OIL accelerate the performance of a chip placed underneath the fuel tank? They just said that the chips affect the gasoline itself..... HAHA this has GOT to be a joke.
At $35-$40 a pop for an oil change, whatever savings you get from fuel economy you would lose in oil changes.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:04 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
Can you imagine what the mechanic would say if you brought this to him

Well he might be thinking something like: "Hmm we have a real sucker here... let's see what else he'll fall for."

1)We can replace the ordinary plain air in your tires with pure high performance O2 which will increase your gas mileage by 15% and performance by XX hp.

2) Turn your roters since they are "glassy" and may not be able to stop you after the increased hp gains.

3) Apply special wheel lubrication to the "ball bearings".

4) This new high performance wax will decrease your wind resistence and increase your gas mileage. As an added benefit it will magically repel all bird droppings. But it needs to be applied by hand, by young, nude large breasted virgins once every month. And can only be applied under a full moon whille under the intoxicating effects of this special liqour (sold seperately of course) to reach it's maximun effectiveness.

(That one, I might go for myself).
Old 06-08-2005, 06:34 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
"...with the use of laser technology, to program or hard-code the Gas Chip with the desired type and range of frequencies designed to impact the various particles in the fuel, particularly the toxins."

OMG! When they start talking about toxins in a charlatanesque kind of way, you know they have got to be hippies up for a good scam.

Old 06-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Overlord

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"For optimum performance, place a genuine, authentic Steinitz Skull in your trunk. Not only will your fuel consumption drop to 1% of its initial factory level, but your car will also be able to fly, heal the sick and lame, win the lottery every time, increase the IQ of its occupants, and go back in time."
Old 06-08-2005, 01:43 PM
Just dial 1911

"Customer Testimonials are Pouring In!"

...Yea, as fast as they can write em...

Just get yourself a Turbonator...Increases HP and MPG!
Old 06-08-2005, 10:49 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Tsx536
I already bought it.....
I hope you are kidding dude!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 05_TSX_GP
I hope you are kidding dude!
Definitely kidding man. This thread is still open? lol...
Old 06-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Overlord

Originally Posted by weapon-x
1)We can replace the ordinary plain air in your tires with pure high performance O2 which will increase your gas mileage by 15% and performance by XX hp.
No way, man! O2 is highly flammable! You need to fill your tires with HELIUM! Not only will it keep the occasional nail-in-the-tire puncture from detonating your car, it will also significantly reduce your car's overall weight! Less weight = better gas mileage, better acceleration! Woo! Helium!
Old 06-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Top notch 6MT

Originally Posted by Beoshingus
No way, man! O2 is highly flammable! You need to fill your tires with HELIUM! Not only will it keep the occasional nail-in-the-tire puncture from detonating your car, it will also significantly reduce your car's overall weight! Less weight = better gas mileage, better acceleration! Woo! Helium!

and filling up the fuel tank with H20 also helps mileage and the environment too!!!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Beoshingus
How about Hydrogen? I can picture a TSX burning like the Hindenburg. And besides, the total air in a tire actually weighs only about 26g or so (imagine 25 or 26 paper clips). It's pretty negligable.

On the other hand, if you filled your tires with NITROGEN, you'd see some real advantages over air, because Nitrogen gas is MUCH less affected by temperature than air, therefore you'd be always riding on the same pressure tires and they wouldn't vary, so your gas mileage would increase slightly. Although this would be overshadowed by the cost and the effort required to get nitrogen fills.
Old 06-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Got Milk???

I'd rather pour beer into the tank than getting bulled by one of those