Drove An '07 Accord V6 6mt . . . Thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i really appreciate this write up because accord 6mt was one of the choices against my idea of gettin a TSX.

AV6 is faster in a striaght line. its wider, same wheelbase, 3inches longer in length, lower center of gravity, weighs about 50lbs more, more HP and TQ,

both have 6spd, similar-to-same interior, 4doors (or 2 dr AV6 if you want), same-to-similar mpg (tsx 22/30 vs av6 21/30)

tsx looks better imo and

ive driven both cars and i love them both but it feels as if the TSX is more nimble.. anyone else agree?
(i drove both cars a long time ago and still debating on wat car to buy)
Old 09-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
I believe the Accord I4 still comes with a 5MT (or an AT, of course). It was an '07, that's what the sticker said; the salesman said it had just come in. I think a lot gets made, especially on a forum such as this, of acceleration specs -- which car does 0-60 in how many seconds, who can smoke whom, etc. To me, that doesn't matter as much as how I enjoy driving and owning a car day-to-day, each time I drive it. I look forward to driving my '04 every morning.
Most of us don't spend our time in the car racing people from stoplight to stoplight.
This is exactly how I feel about 0-60 times and the like. I'm out enjoying my car (which I've done extensively this summer ), while others seem to like to debate stoplight to stoplight performance. Railing turns in my TSX is one of the best experiences I've ever had in a car.

Regarding your review, I have to say I remember my test drive of a current-gen EX V6 as leaving me with the distinct impression that the car was nose-heavy in turns and soft as well. Nowhere near as sharp-handling as the TSX, which is what ultimately sold me on the car (that and the gearbox). The steering felt slower, too. But it's been a few years, and I'll have to take your word on it, since you just drove the car. Maybe Honda has made some suspension tweaks since then. At least you can now get the Accord V6 with a manual gearbox.

Nice write-up, Peter.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:11 AM
Have camera, will travel

I believe the Accord I4 still comes with a 5MT (or an AT, of course). It was an '07, that's what the sticker said; the salesman said it had just come in. I think a lot gets made, especially on a forum such as this, of acceleration specs -- which car does 0-60 in how many seconds, who can smoke whom, etc. To me, that doesn't matter as much as how I enjoy driving and owning a car day-to-day, each time I drive it. I look forward to driving my '04 every morning.
Most of us don't spend our time in the car racing people from stoplight to stoplight.
This is exactly how I feel about 0-60 times and the like. I'm out enjoying my car (which I've done extensively this summer ), while others seem to like to debate stoplight to stoplight performance. Railing turns in my TSX is one of the best experiences I've ever had in a car.

Regarding your review, I have to say I remember my test drive of a current-gen EX V6 as leaving me with the distinct impression that the car was nose-heavy in turns and soft as well. Nowhere near as sharp-handling as the TSX, which is what ultimately sold me on the car (that and the gearbox). The steering felt slower, too. But it's been a few years, and I'll have to take your word on it, since you just drove the car. Maybe Honda has made some suspension tweaks since then. At least you can now get the Accord V6 with a manual gearbox.

Nice write-up, Peter.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by billyho96
The Accord will drive the TSX off the road, and is a lot more powerful, but for some reason I just prefered the TSX.
Maybe on your planet.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 AM
Recovering SUV Addict...

I think a lot gets made, especially on a forum such as this, of acceleration specs -- which car does 0-60 in how many seconds, who can smoke whom, etc. To me, that doesn't matter as much as how I enjoy driving and owning a car day-to-day, each time I drive it. I look forward to driving my '04 every morning.

Although, I must say that with your handle, I wouldn't expect that comment. That's why I laugh when I read threads like "what do you say when people call your car slow?"
I just don't care. Speed off the line is nothing if you don't like driving the car further down the road. You want speed of the line, buy an Evo or STI. But I dare you to match the ride quality, interior, and overal finish of the TSX against either of those...The TSX is just enough sport, just enough lux, and just enough eco. The sum is greater than the parts.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
honda accord just another low grade from honda inspired and tsx is just another upgrade version from jdm accord. At the end our cars all made by HONDA
Old 09-01-2006, 07:39 PM
Torrento.com

Originally Posted by Zoopa
The Accord sedan 6mt is supposed to be one second faster than on '06 TSX 6mt; 5.9 sec vs. 6.9 sec. Kind of significant, but as you point out, you have alot of mods.
There is no way any Accord, unless it's worked, is making it to 60 in 5.9 secs.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Advanced

From Car & Driver February, 2006 Camparo:

"It (Accord EX V6)was the only car besides the Mazda (Mazdaspeed 6) to crack the six-second mark in 0-to-60 sprints—5.9 seconds—and it did so without audible drama."

Clicky: http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...rd-ex-v-6.html
Old 09-01-2006, 08:30 PM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Doesn't the TSX use leatherette?
Old 09-01-2006, 09:57 PM
Advanced

I just recently made the choice between the Accord, and the TSX.

I ended up buying the TSX, and I have absolutely NO doubts about the choice, and that is saying a lot coming from me. I seem to second guess decisions quite frequently.

For me, the choice between the Accord and the TSX was really about the little things. Like we all know, the cars are definitely similar, but they're also quite different.

Little things such as the rims. The rims on the Accord EX are nice, but the ones on the TSX are just a touch classier. The dash layout is good on the Accord, but it's nearly perfection on the TSX. Even tiny things like the speedometer needle just looked sort of fat, and uncool in the Accord. I know thats a small one folks, but it's true. In the TSX that speedo needle is sleek and nice looking. In the Accord it's like someone stuck a couple fat white toothpicks on there. The buttons in the TSX feel, and look a bit more expensive. The dashboard has a smooth look to it in the TSX. In the Accord it has this obnoxious divot in the dash on the passenger side which just looks wrong to me. In any car, I like to see the dash appear as one large piece, rather than chopped pieces stuck together.

You get the picture. For me the TSX just feels like one of those rare cars where everything is in just the right place. Everything just seems as it should be. On the Accord I found lots of places inside, and out, where i'd think to myself "no, that doesn't look right".

Lastly, the TSX is built almost entirely in Japan, the Accord is built in the U.S. I know that may not matter to some, but to me it just feels like one last piece of reassurance that I bought a finely tuned Japanese sports sedan, that was concieved and built in Japan. The car just feels like a vehicle that was handled with the utmost care, by those that truly represent everything that is Honda.
Old 09-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Advanced

thx for your input everyone...

again i give another point to the TSX...

so TSX is what imma get when i get my $$ together or if i find a better car.

should i start a thread TSX vs 06 lexus IS?
Old 09-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
thx for your input everyone...

again i give another point to the TSX...

so TSX is what imma get when i get my $$ together or if i find a better car.

should i start a thread TSX vs 06 lexus IS?
I think that if you search, you'll find one or more threads already exist. Also, car comparisons (esp. other than Honda v Honda) I do believe go in another forum than TSX Discussion.

Good luck in your hunt for the right car for you.
Old 09-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Instructor

Shouldn't any US Accord be compared with the TL? If you are looking for a vehicle the size of an Accord, won't you sort of be disappointed by the smaller TSX (though admittedly it is better appointed).

Although I like the exclusivity of the TSX, if you're thinking in terms of reliability, it's tough to beat mass production and the 400k units/yr sold to help get out all the kinks. I never researched the European and Japan Accord numbers, I'm hoping they are high enough as to provide some good reliability with the TSX.

Jeff
Old 09-02-2006, 02:06 PM
AlwysCleanURArely c ASpec

considering the 2 cars? Try picking up a girl in a Honda Accord and see her reaction orrrr you can pick her up in an Acura TSX, not that it should be about money, but I used to drive a camry and it was terrible (very bland). The TSX gets compliments a lot, just before I wrote this I was outisde and 3 girls walked by and asked if the car was new. The TSX is a luxury sedan even though in comparison the difference might be subtle, but overall, your driving an average joe Honda if you get the Accord.
Old 09-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ride Slow Homey
considering the 2 cars? Try picking up a girl in a Honda Accord and see her reaction orrrr you can pick her up in an Acura TSX, not that it should be about money, but I used to drive a camry and it was terrible (very bland). The TSX gets compliments a lot, just before I wrote this I was outisde and 3 girls walked by and asked if the car was new. The TSX is a luxury sedan even though in comparison the difference might be subtle, but overall, your driving an average joe Honda if you get the Accord.

very good point... sadly that our world has to be so materialistic and shallow.

sigh

but very good point
you get more respect from a TSX than an Accord
Old 09-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's funny that over here in Australia, the AUDM TSX was selling so well (was even Honda Australia's top seller one month), that it's so common. I know of one member of our australian forums who sold his to get the Accord sedan just because it was too common!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by waTSX
Maybe on your planet.
got lots of comments like this to my suggestion that the accord ex-l v-6 drives better than the TSX.

Have any of you guys saying this driven both. Really. I put 50 k on a TSX abd 25 k on my ex-l and the power and torque on the ex-l are way more powerful and aggressive. The car is heavier and seems to stick to the road better.

I preferred the fell of the TSX, but I think part of the fun to drive bit comes from the more direcrt fell of the road that the TSX offers. isn' this because the smoother a car handles, the less you feel the road.

The accord is just uglier. Not doubt about it. Guess thats why I'm going back to the TSX.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:23 AM
Mmm.. Acura cake

Thumbs up All over the GTA

Originally Posted by RTSX-ASpec
i'm sorry but...i see TSX everywhere in toronto -_-" just like accord, they are everywhere...lol
Confirmed. Spent a weekend in Markham a couple months ago. Visited a couple Chinese shopping centers to pick up some gifts. In each parking lot, I thought I died and went to Import Heaven.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Drifting

haah i would hardly compare markham to the rest of toronto... they are abundant in markham but they're fairly rare in the rest of the GTA and moving out west towards 'sauga / oakville / brampton... they are around but not nearly as many as there are in the markham area...