Don't you LOVE it when you find a big SUV parking 1" away from your TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
hmmmm......no offense....but an 18 year old is complaining someone not knowing how to drive in the snow......gets into the passing lane instead of driving patiently, and ends up hitting someone.....

anyone else see the irony in this?
there was no passing lane there was a slow lane and an even slower lane and this guy was in the slow lane so i switched over to the even slower lane because he was driving like a dubass all outta control so i didnt switch lanes to pass him i switched to get away from his lane..... i never said i waned to pass but i see how you would get that idea.... oh and another thing do you live in chicago >>?? because if you do you would easily realize that winter here is a bitch and even a 16 year old wouldnt try passing people in that type of snow let alone me just realized that i can see where your from so i apologize im sure you have snow too ..
Old 01-27-2006, 12:17 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Just to throw in my own little story while we're talking about a-hole drivers...

I had just gotten my 2002 Honda Accord EX-V6, and had to go up to a client in a metro area. I'd become very friendly with the parking lot attendant, so he use to give me some of the "better" spots in the lot. I had just closed my trunk after getting my laptop out and taken one step away from the car when one of the "regulars" pulled into the lot, swung his car around to park behind me, and slammed right into my car. The lot attendant ran up to him as he was getting out of the car and said "What the hell are you doing? You just hit this car!" I was about to crack some heads...

The guy, in a completely indifferent tone, said "What... it's just a bumper." He went and rubbed the back of my car, then said "There's nothing there." The lot attendant had to calm me down...

That's the mentality of some people. The tiny tiny dent and missing paint seemed like a crater to me, and drove my girlfriend (now wife) insane as all I would do for the next 4-5 months was talk about it. Sadly enough, if I was to call a cop and ask to file a report, he would've laughed in my face and probably called me a girl.

Ah well --- we all love our cars on here... otherwise, we wouldn't be on a forum talking about it all the time, let alone, discussing a thread about a-hole parkers.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Cruisin'

[QUOTE=amadeus303]Just to throw in my own little story while we're talking about a-hole drivers...

I had just gotten my 2002 Honda Accord EX-V6, and had to go up to a client in a metro area. I'd become very friendly with the parking lot attendant, so he use to give me some of the "better" spots in the lot. I had just closed my trunk after getting my laptop out and taken one step away from the car when one of the "regulars" pulled into the lot, swung his car around to park behind me, and slammed right into my car. The lot attendant ran up to him as he was getting out of the car and said "What the hell are you doing? You just hit this car!" I was about to crack some heads...

The guy, in a completely indifferent tone, said "What... it's just a bumper." He went and rubbed the back of my car, then said "There's nothing there." The lot attendant had to calm me down...

That's the mentality of some people. The tiny tiny dent and missing paint seemed like a crater to me, and drove my girlfriend (now wife) insane as all I would do for the next 4-5 months was talk about it. Sadly enough, if I was to call a cop and ask to file a report, he would've laughed in my face and probably called me a girl.

Ah well --- we all love our cars on here... otherwise, we wouldn't be on a forum talking about it all the time, let alone, discussing a thread about a-hole parkers. [/QUOte/]

sorry to hear that... the worst is when a girl hits a car and says i just kissed it ... hehe... and that little giggle at the end just kills me..... a girl did the same thing to my friends g35c and she didnt say a word until my friend confronted her about it.. i hate that crap ...!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Cruisin'

I have a question for everybody.... i have a 5auto and i was wondering if at anyway it could be swaped for 6 speed manual through acura or if anyone knows if acura deos it... ??? i need the manual soo bad it hurts.

drove my buddys s2k and loved it by the way.. WOW amazing car>>>
Old 01-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jtraha
there was no passing lane there was a slow lane and an even slower lane and this guy was in the slow lane so i switched over to the even slower lane because he was driving like a dubass all outta control so i didnt switch lanes to pass him i switched to get away from his lane..... i never said i waned to pass but i see how you would get that idea.... oh and another thing do you live in chicago >>?? because if you do you would easily realize that winter here is a bitch and even a 16 year old wouldnt try passing people in that type of snow let alone me just realized that i can see where your from so i apologize im sure you have snow too ..

hehehehe. i lived at near a ski resort in northeast PA growing up. i worked at the resort. i drove to work sometimes in 12-20 inches of snow, so i know snow. i'd say i'm a pretty decent driver in the snow. i try not to change lanes on snow covered roads unless it's really really necessary.

i don't really understand what a "slow lane" and a "even slower lane" is in driving terms. i've never heard this before. i know right lane and left lane, with the left lane being the passing lane (i think this is usually the case, except for NJ which they have no clue what side to pass on).

it sucks that you rear ended the guy, but legally, it's you're fault if i understand the situation correctly.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:54 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by amadeus303
Just to throw in my own little story while we're talking about a-hole drivers...

Ah well --- we all love our cars on here... otherwise, we wouldn't be on a forum talking about it all the time, let alone, discussing a thread about a-hole parkers.

i woulda reported it just to be an a-hole. let the guy's insurance go up. i hate ny/nj area drivers. i go insane here on a daily basis when i drive.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Cruisin'

I have a question for everybody.... i have a 5auto and i was wondering if at anyway it could be swaped for 6 speed manual through acura or if anyone knows if acura deos it... ??? i need the manual soo bad it hurts.

drove my buddys s2k and loved it by the way.. WOW amazing car>>>
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! please can someone answer my question stated above about the 6 speed
Old 01-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Instructor

I've given up on this car. I always park carefully, and take only one spot, but this car has been a magnet for idiots.

Someone scratched the rear bumper. Only way to fix it right was to re-spray the entire bumper cap.

Then I got an enormous door ding in the passenger side. I'm fairly sure it occurred when I took the cat to the vet. Small parking lot filled with soccer mom SUVs and mini-vans. Took it to Dentbusters and they fixed it to the point where you really wouldn't see it unless you knew it was there.

Scored four tickets to the first game of the World Series. Took my wife and parents. We were jammed in tight in the parking lot, with a Ford Exploder on the passenger side. When we left the Exploder was gone. It was dark and the car was dirty so when we left I didn't notice that the moron in the Ford had brushed my front and rear passenger side door with either his tire or bumper, leaving a really nice sandpaper finish and crease. That cost almost $1000 to fix.

I’m so over trying to keep this car nice that I actually took it to an automated car wash a couple of weeks ago. Besides, the TSX is my daily driver. I have another car on order that I guess I’ll have to chain a dog to in order to protect it from all the inconsiderate chuckle-heads out there.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:07 PM
8th Gear

Call me anal but at work I park in the last two spots in the lot at an angle. I purposely do this so no other car can park close to me. Of course some lady comes in after me in her pos taurus and parks next to me the same way. That makes me mad, and also when i get to work and somebody is in my spot i get pissed for the whole day. I can't help it i am very particular about me parking spot, it's the same at my condo, we have no assigned spots but everyone there knows i park in the same spot and to leave it open for me till i return.
Old 01-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!! please can someone answer my question stated above about the 6 speed
Start a new thread you damn

While you're at it, run a search - someone asked this not too long ago (and got flamed for it, LOL)
Old 01-27-2006, 05:59 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by 04tsx_md
Call me anal but at work I park in the last two spots in the lot at an angle. I purposely do this so no other car can park close to me. Of course some lady comes in after me in her pos taurus and parks next to me the same way. That makes me mad, and also when i get to work and somebody is in my spot i get pissed for the whole day. I can't help it i am very particular about me parking spot, it's the same at my condo, we have no assigned spots but everyone there knows i park in the same spot and to leave it open for me till i return.
IMO this is as annoying as the people who park like idiots. no offense to you. it's an effective way of protecting your car. but i still think it's annoying.
Old 01-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Intermediate

$400 add on from the dealer - dent protection, any dings or dents they will fix for free for the life of the warranty (7yr/100mi). Doesn't cover paint chips, though.

06 CGP, 5AT, Nav, 17" A-spec rims...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by ChicagoTony
$400 add on from the dealer - dent protection, any dings or dents they will fix for free for the life of the warranty (7yr/100mi). Doesn't cover paint chips, though.

06 CGP, 5AT, Nav, 17" A-spec rims...
whats a "ding" if it's not a paint chip? sounds like not much would be covered if you ask me.
Old 01-27-2006, 08:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by bradykp
IMO this is as annoying as the people who park like idiots. no offense to you. it's an effective way of protecting your car. but i still think it's annoying.
I second that, especially when parking is hard to come by. I hate people that take up more than one spot when the parking is full.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Advanced.

One of the younger co-worker's in the office is striving to become a desperate housewife so for Christmas, she got a GMC Denali. Not only does she get close to me everyday but she parks it crooked. I ask her everyday if she has trouble parking and I always get the response "Did I park weird? Haha. That's funny." Geez
Old 01-29-2006, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I second that, especially when parking is hard to come by. I hate people that take up more than one spot when the parking is full.
One time I saw this car (kind of custom) took up more than one spot on purpose in a busy parking lot. There were plenty of spaces at the far end of the lot but this guy decided to occupy two spaces right outside this business near the entrance. So I "purposely" squeezed in right next to his car with my company truck. I sat there and wait for the guy to come out just to see his reaction. The guy was walking around his car a few times checking for damage and couldn't believe why anyone would park so close.

There was another time this car occupied "four" parking spaces in a parking lot. He parked right in the middle of the parking grid where the four spaces joint together. If I had a knife with me at the time...

I care about my car too, and I park it away from everyone else and walk. I hate people purposely take up more spaces trying to protect it. Very annoying...
Old 01-29-2006, 12:09 PM
10th Gear

I know what you guys mean. Here's a pic of my S2k at work.

Old 01-29-2006, 08:28 PM
VSA Rocks

Just got finished washing her and buffing out the scratch mark from the Toyoya Sequioa. Now that my car is clean, you could see that the beotch left a ding.

Oh well, I guess there's plenty more to come...

big SUV's
Old 01-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Tsx536
I know exactly what you mean 6Speed. I usually try to either park far, or look for a nice wide spot with smaller cars around me.

I hate coming back and seeing a big SUV or truck next to me. I also don't like to see a mustang or camaro. Basically anything with big doors that can swing out and ding my car up.
Me too. I prefer to park my TSX there with other cars parking there. It is better way to do that.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:25 AM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

My wife does not want to drive the car to San Francisco. We have the numerous dings & bumper scratches on our old Passat to prove this would happen eventually.

Suits me fine that I get to drive the car for commuting in Penninsula.

Did anyone get the ding protection offerred by the dealer?
We almost considered it, but did not get it.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
One time I saw this car (kind of custom) took up more than one spot on purpose in a busy parking lot. There were plenty of spaces at the far end of the lot but this guy decided to occupy two spaces right outside this business near the entrance. So I "purposely" squeezed in right next to his car with my company truck. I sat there and wait for the guy to come out just to see his reaction. The guy was walking around his car a few times checking for damage and couldn't believe why anyone would park so close.

There was another time this car occupied "four" parking spaces in a parking lot. He parked right in the middle of the parking grid where the four spaces joint together. If I had a knife with me at the time...

I care about my car too, and I park it away from everyone else and walk. I hate people purposely take up more spaces trying to protect it. Very annoying...
I couldn't agree more. Back when my wife had her old Hyundi I would squeeze in right next to cars that took up more than one spot, just to piss them off. I don't do it with my TSX though because I don't want any retaliatory dings. With the Hyundi I could have cared less.

As far as Paul55100's pic, I know what you mean. All those open parking spots and they park right next to you. The only positive I see is that their drivers side door is away from your S2K.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:04 PM
Registered Abuser

If S2000's could speak...