Dealership in Philly Area need recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 04:45 PM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dealership in Philly Area need recommendations

This is one of very few things I am at the mercy of the dealer to do...I need an alignment as the car is pulling to the right (tire pressure is even at 32 in front, 30 in rear). I think it was one pothole a week ago that did it. I also need the PS hose and wiper chatter fixed under recall/warranty. Not that the dealer wouldn't screw this up but I have not had any luck with local techs in the area on fixing my alignment in the past.

I was going to take it to Ardmore Acura tomorrow but after reading some posts on here it is a place to avoid (even though I buy my parts from them). In any case is this still true because the posts were from 2003? They mentioned West Chester Acura which is bit further for me but is still manageable.

And if anyone remembers that Metro Acura lied to me about replacing the drive belt in my Integra and paying for it you'll know I'd rather take it nowhere then get it serviced there.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:38 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
West Chester Acura is decent for a dealership. High prices, but they do a good job.

I just got an alignment done yesterday at CJ's tire. $30 - can't beat it.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by philliesfan980
West Chester Acura is decent for a dealership. High prices, but they do a good job.

I just got an alignment done yesterday at CJ's tire. $30 - can't beat it.
I did see where CJ's is located (practically on the other side of 202) so I'll keep that in mind for future alignments.

The toe was definitely out so I'm glad I got it done. They also did the PS recall and replaced the wiper blades (thanks to Acurazine on the TSB). The one thing they forgot, and I realized it when I got home, was that they ran a battery test and it came up as needing to be replaced. So I'll have to run back up there sometime next week and swap it out since I am still under the CPO warranty.

I hope they will let me just pull the battery out in the parking lot instead of having to wait. It'll take me 10 minutes with my tools to pull it but I fear if they need to bring it into the bay will take over an hr.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Pro

So the dealership came back and said that the battery does not fall under the CPO warranty? Are they correct? I don't see anything on the CPO warranty the excludes the battery.

http://www.acura.com/WARRANTYCOVERAGE.ASPX
Old 02-25-2011, 05:03 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by npolite
So the dealership came back and said that the battery does not fall under the CPO warranty? Are they correct? I don't see anything on the CPO warranty the excludes the battery.

http://www.acura.com/WARRANTYCOVERAGE.ASPX
does it fall under the factory warranty 4 years unlimited mileage.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:22 PM
Pro

They said it does but the car is out of the original warranty. I am running now on the CPO warranty. I think I'm going to need to call Honda on this one.

Edit: We'll I called and they mentioned that it is considered a maintenance item (couldn't you categorize just about anything as a maintenance item?). There is nothing online with this information which to me is a bit shady, because where would people go first before they buy a new car?

Anywhoo I'll replace my battery soon. Anyone have suggestions as to what to get? The last batch that I bought for my mother's Accord corroded the terminals to the point I had to cut them off. I want to avoid that if possible. I already bought the spray to coat the terminals and posts, and will get the felt protectors for the posts.

Last edited by npolite; 02-25-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Pro

I have the battery spray that turns everything red to prevent corrosion but that gets all over because you have to spray the terminals. Should I use dielectric grease instead?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Pro

The car is going in tomorrow and I'm taking it with them for a road test. The alignment spec sheet shows everything is good but if I center the wheel, the car is pulling to the right. I can understand if the tire is a bit off-center because of uneven wear but even two to three weeks shouldn't cause this type of issue.

I hope I don't get some BS excuse tomorrow. I'm a bit worried because I have had a few Hondas and once their alignment has gone, it never is restored correctly.
Old 03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Pro

Ok so I took it in this morning and they did a better job but also overinflated the tired to 35 psi on all of them. I'm going to drop them down tomorrow and see how the car handles.

Looking at the alignment sheets I have a huge concern.

First alignment:

Second alignment (today 3/3/11):

So the left side toe was off again this morning. So either the first alignment wasn't done correctly or, in under a week my alignment went off again and I have a suspension problem. I don't even know how to address this with them without insulting them. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How did it go on the third alignment? Did they fix the problem?