Dallas Area Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas Area Dealers

Can anybody from the Dallas area tell me about their buying experience? Which dealer was the best? any good lease rates? How have they treated you after the purchase? I'm just looking for a good car but weary of leaving Sewell. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

-A Keaton
Dallas, TX
Old 01-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Cruisin'

Response?

Does nobody want to dish some information about David McDavid Acura or Goodson? Vandergriff anybody? I'm not looking to get a better deal than any of y'all just trying to see which dealership is the best. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

AKeaton
Dallas, TX
Old 01-10-2004, 09:48 AM
Intermediate

From what I've heard all the Dallas guys are pretty good.
Old 01-10-2004, 02:30 PM
Intermediate

Not sure if you read my other current post about being lied to by the OKC dealer, but my g.f. called the Plano dealer, or which ever one says they are the largest dealer in the south, and she was very pleased with their telephone skills, the guy was very nice and offered a CG/Quarts 6mt/Navi to her, thats the color she wants, but the car is going to sit outside and she's affraid of it looking bad with swirl marks and showing dirt easily, so she's decided on Silver, would have gone for white except the nasty wood/tan interior...

If you go check some out, you might let me know, we will prob. drive the extra distance (we are about 10 miles from the ks/ok border) for a better sales experience...
Old 01-12-2004, 01:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

i think the one in ft worth and vandergriff are on the "top" acura dealerships in the US list. check the acura website. david mcdavid was a fine experience for us. just dont pay for dealer installed oem options
Old 01-16-2004, 10:50 PM
ABP TSX

Do not waste your time a David McDavid in Dallas. They would not come $1 off the sticker price, but that was in late November. The sales guy we worked with just let us leave and would not even talk or take our offer. He called the following Monday, but I had already secured a deal at Goodson in Irving.

I spent almost 8 hours at Goodson arguing out a price. They delivered at night in the dark, and I was back the next day to have a wheel replaced that was gouged. The make-ready was done by two sales people and was less than spectacular even though I told them to NOT wax or prep any part that was painted. I had minor swirls on a 24 hour old new car.

But as already mentioned above, be prepared to bend over and be raped on any OEM installed accessories. Goodson wanted $800 for the fogs and I told them to stick it. They would not negotiate the accessories. I did get them to throw in window tint for free to close the deal.

Those are the only two dealers I have visited in the Dallas area so far.
Old 01-17-2004, 03:29 PM
5th Gear

I agree that David McDavid isn't the way to go.. When we were 'getting rid of' my old 00' TL and my dad was attempting to trade it in for a new TL they offered such a low amount on the car he was offended.. Thats why Park Place Lexus right down the street sold a GS 300.

The sales guy was also really rude to me. Sorry, if Im a customer - or the family of a customer, please treat me with some resepct. Heck, at least the service guys came over to the sale side and offerd me a coke! Not that riding in the backseat is a bad thing, but im the customer not the sales guy.. I can't say enough about how much I disliked the sales guy we were stuck with..

I do like one person in the service department there. (if you want her name I would be happy to e-mail it to you)

I dislike the service manager. But apparently they have had other problems too on the service side. That dealership had a lawsuit against it, im not sure what the verdict of the case was.

Anyhow e-mail me if you would like better details..

When I go to purchase the TSX I will be going straight to goodson acura. (even though its ALOT farther away then david mcdavid)

Im sure david mcdavid is a great place, but none of my experiences leave me with that impression.
Old 01-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Cruisin'

I agree. I went to McDavid and they could have cared less. I think they have the notion that they are always going to sell "that car", so they don't need to haggle with you. I think this is a terrible attitude. I wish Sewell had an Acura dealer, then my decision would be easy. If you hear of any good dealers or good experience with McDavid let me know. I'd like somebody from McDavid to respond as well
Old 01-22-2004, 03:35 PM
ABP TSX

Originally posted by AKeaton
I agree. I went to McDavid and they could have cared less. I think they have the notion that they are always going to sell "that car", so they don't need to haggle with you. I think this is a terrible attitude. I wish Sewell had an Acura dealer, then my decision would be easy. If you hear of any good dealers or good experience with McDavid let me know. I'd like somebody from McDavid to respond as well
Overall, Goodson in Irving is not bad. They will deal with you, but you have to use your patience with them I finally got the deal I was looking for on the TSX. The bad things about them for me were they would not bargain on the accessories and low balled the trade in the beginning. That is common practice though. I still left the dealer thinking they could have at least offered something on the accessories. All I got was the tint and that was free. Every accessory on the TSX now, I added myself after the fact for 50-75% less than dealer installed options. Goodson wanted $800+ just for the fogs. No f-ing way!

I have never had a pleasant new car experience. It is ALWAYS a hassle.
Old 01-22-2004, 03:49 PM
Cruisin'

gsclifton,

thanks for your resposne. I agree with you. It is really a hassle and and half. My parents have always delt with Sewell and have been very happy on price and service. I'll will give Goodson a try, even if they are out in Irving. I'll let you know how it goes.

-AKeaton
Old 01-22-2004, 04:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you willing to test another market?

The market is what it is, but I can assure you that there is flexibility from dealers if a car is in stock or at least assigned to a dealer. The production is slim right now, so trying to find one to trade may be difficult. It's the lowest I've seen it since the car's been out. The demand is still there, but we're just not getting too many cars at all.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:48 PM
ABP TSX

Originally posted by kurt_bradley
Are you willing to test another market?

The market is what it is, but I can assure you that there is flexibility from dealers if a car is in stock or at least assigned to a dealer. The production is slim right now, so trying to find one to trade may be difficult. It's the lowest I've seen it since the car's been out. The demand is still there, but we're just not getting too many cars at all.
This is true. Both dealers tried to negotiate on a demo car or the one you could test drive that had less than 3k miles. That was NOT in my plan. The TSX I was taking home was coming straight out of the protective plastic. I originally wanted the CG and they would not even consider that since it was not on the lot, so they would have to "trade" for it. That is why I went with my 2nd color choice, ABP which they had at the back of the lot still in the protective shipping plastic.

I would scope out the dealer to verify they have your choice of color, tranny, and NAVI before sitting down at the table. That will save you some aggrevation and time.
Old 01-22-2004, 05:00 PM
Cruisin'

Kurt, You sound like a sales guy! This is the crap my folks never get at Sewell. Though the manufacturer is to blame as well for not keeping up with demand on a mass produced car. Now I know if the sales guy eats lunch for the week or not is depednant on making a sale, but you would think they would work with you a little bit. I don't know maybe I am asking too much. I haven't seen it all, but trying to buy a car is a frustrating experience. Being a UT grad and familiar with the Austin area, do you sell cars for Sterling McCall?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nah, we're not affiliated with them. We're technically Davis Motorcars of Austin, Sterling Acura of Austin DNB. Sterling McCall is a group of dealers in Houston. We're originally out of Indiana. I'm from Austin though, a UT grad myself, and have 2 years of sales experience for Honda and 2 years experience in sales for Acura.

Side note: I wasn't trying to feed you a line, I was just stating the truth in regards to the TSX. I do agree that buying a car is a frustrating decision for most. There's always that expectation when one steps onto a showroom floor, but believe me, I'm different. Strange, but true. I've also been quite a reputable source on here to be of assistance to others, whether they be buying a car from myself or not. I'm not only, different, I'm good at what I do and take pride in the work I do with the utmost professionalism and integrity. I'm the last person that is going to sound canned and be vague when it comes to verbage that others use to try to "wheel and deal." I've been doing this since I was barely 20 (only 4 years now), and am not an old dog with old fleas. I'm probably exactly what Acura wants representing their product when it comes to one associate on one floor. Someone that is well-informed, intelligent, passionate about his product, and most of all motivated. Hope to help clear that up.