Custom Products for the TSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 10:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by iNteGraz92
those are ugly aftermarket headlights.
the tsx's headlights are the same as the jdm/euro accords. so i don't understand how black housing = jdm? they're all the same, except the tsx gets amber reflectors instead of clear.
I agree they are not the best example, but they are the best I could find in less than a minute. When I said JDM, I wasn't refering specifically to the TSX. I should have been clearer. The RSX, for example, has a completely blacked out JDM headlight housing. (Apparently, blacking out the stock US headlights is a popular RSX mod.) I've seen other models as well, but I can't recall them off the top of my head. Most people wouln't buy a headlight housing just for the blackout effect, but if angel eyes and clear reflectors are a part of the package it may sell.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:14 PM
Advanced

Re: Re: Custom Products for the TSX

Originally posted by Brad
Those orange reflectors might be government, state, or provincial (take your pick) requirements for turn signals.

Why change them to something illegal?
Along this line, I would love to replace the outer portion of the taillight assembly, the one that houses the turn signal. It would be great to have one that looks just like it does - only including an amber-colored lens for just the turn signal. What I [U]don't[/]want is a clear lens with an amber light bulb
Old 09-04-2003, 05:40 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by 7eighteen
hey B-diddy..check this out.....right before my TSX i owned a A4 (more $$$ than the TSX same $$ as your BMW)....so don't tell me "i bought what i could afford", because i could have afforded another A4 or a BMW or a benz..but, I realized something........they're all high maintenance pieces of shit. I had more problems with that nazi piece of shit then I've ever had with all my other cars combined....so, basically your a dick, and an asshole, who has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what your talking about.......leave, please.....and while your at it, run that turd into a wall.....but make sure you don't get out before-hand.....
I don't mean to be a tight-ass, but this kind of post isn't acceptable. 7eighteen has anger management issues...

I'd like to think that the Acura TSX represents people that have achieved a level of maturity and thoughtfulness to know that this is not a way to exchange views. I don't mean that this site is about how much money you have, or if you have a good job, or even if you can afford the TSX or more, but it's definitely not about Japanese vs. German (btw, bigotted labels like "rice" and "nazi" really lower the level of discussion) or making igorant and aggressive statements like the above.

If this site is going to be populated by people that act like they just got out of high school detention, then I'm happy to go elsewhere. And 7eighteen, easy on the crack...
Old 09-05-2003, 01:12 AM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

"to be a tight-ass, but this kind of post isn't acceptable. 7eighteen has anger management issues...

I'd like to think that the Acura TSX represents people that have achieved a level of maturity and thoughtfulness to know that this is not a way to exchange views. I don't mean that this site is about how much money you have, or if you have a good job, or even if you can afford the TSX or more, but it's definitely not about Japanese vs. German (btw, bigotted labels like "rice" and "nazi" really lower the level of discussion) or making igorant and aggressive statements like the above.

If this site is going to be populated by people that act like they just got out of high school detention, then I'm happy to go elsewhere. And 7eighteen, easy on the crack..." -spud

you know what, your probably right, but, i don't appreciate people attacking my financial situation. I didn't start this, but, I obviously finished it. It would have been a lot easier to attack someone who is insulting all of us at this forum ( BUff-Daddy), instead of someone sticking up for us......
Old 09-05-2003, 08:52 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"to be a tight-ass, but this kind of post isn't acceptable. 7eighteen has anger management issues...

If this site is going to be populated by people that act like they just got out of high school detention, then I'm happy to go elsewhere. And 7eighteen, easy on the crack..." -spud

you know what, your probably right, but, i don't appreciate people attacking my financial situation. I didn't start this, but, I obviously finished it. It would have been a lot easier to attack someone who is insulting all of us at this forum ( BUff-Daddy), instead of someone sticking up for us......

Sorry dude..but you were WAY out of line. The "nazi" comment especially was very offensive.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Instructor

7eighteen, there's a good chance we, as with many others on this site, have similar interests and would get along well in person. I'm not sure you, or many other people, would react so strongly to the same comment were you discussing BMW vs. TSX over a beer. If you would, then that's really unfortunate, because the size of your paycheck really isn't that important. Just for the record, I can afford neither a BMW or an Audi (my next car will gladly, in the very near future, be a TSX -- it's a fantastic car), so if it's important to you, you've got one up on me in that department.

Chances are slim to none that many people on this site will ever know each other in person, but we choose to exchange views in this fairly impersonal environment because we have a very specific common interest (i.e. the TSX). Unless I'm very mistaken, I'm sure Buff-Daddy doesn't know you (and vice-versa) from a hole in the wall and couldn't possibly make a personal attack on you that would hold any water (you could be Bill frigin' Gates for all he knows).

The TSX IS NOT a car for people that can't afford a BMW/Audi. Even if I could, I wouldn't change my mind for an A4 or 325i -- great cars to drive, but too many hassles, exactly why I'm pissed off at my Jetta VR6. Maybe a different story if I could afford an M3...

Sorry to be preachy, but people don't reply to all your other threads because they think you can afford a more expensive car than the TSX... Cheers.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Pro

I didn't start this, but, I obviously finished it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You finished it? That weak mess of Jr. High trash talk? That was your idea of putting me in my place? Pathetic...
Old 09-05-2003, 11:01 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You finished it? That weak mess of Jr. High trash talk? That was your idea of putting me in my place? Pathetic...
Guess you want to keep it going... Too bad.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:18 AM
Pro

Originally posted by Spud
Guess you want to keep it going... Too bad.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really Spud, I know I am stuping to this guys level, but you have to do that every now and then. Just because I am pro BMW does not mean I am anti-TSX. I am here because I want to see, learn, hear what is happening with peoples real life ownership experience with the TSX. I have friends and family that will be looking into new cars soon and I think the TSX is a good all-around vehicle. That is why I am hanging around...
Old 09-05-2003, 11:27 AM
Instructor

I've got no problem with you, BD. I'm a BMW fan as well as a TSX fan. They're different cars with different strengths. In my view, it's more fun with different points of view.

OK, I'm beginning to feel like Ghandi (not that there's anything wrong with that) and it's freakin' me out!!! I'm done with this thread... Ciao.
Old 09-06-2003, 12:29 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
----------------------------------------------------------

You bought what you can afford, you want everything that a BMW has to offer
Don't be bringing that overpriced German shit in here. I can afford to buy your car, and I wouldn't trade you even up.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:28 AM
Blueberry

GET A LIFE PEOPLE!!!!

This site is getting like a freakin immature trash house like clubsi, etc.

GROW UP!!

I for one am sick of all this BMW vs. TSX bickering, I own BOTH and am annoyed of constantly reading all the anti-German/BMW people just because they own a Japanese car, the truth is BMW's are VERY well designed cars and are far from "german pieces of shit" Just as the TSX is a very well designed car!!

WAKE UP PEOPLE!! (to those who need it of course, the people living in the real world need not worry!)
Old 09-06-2003, 06:43 AM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

Nazi is an offensive word??? Are u kidding me?
Old 09-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Maybe we could get this thread back on topic? It seems that Fusion Auto is very interested in getting things done for the TSX. I"d really love to see some new products for my car, but all this childish bickering is not going to attract any more support.
Old 09-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Banned

If you spend nearly $1,000 just to have different headlines... you are a complete moron. I can think of about 4 billion better things to spend $1,000 on.

No I think we find 7eighteen an offensive word. But in your defense... the Nazis were huge Mercedes FANBOYS. Did you know that Hugo Boss designed all the Nazi staff officer uniforms?

HERE is a picture I found of Hitler picking up his 1938 CLK Convertible from the Duesseldorf Mercedes-Volkswagen dealership. Note his approval of the luxuriously appointed cabin... with only the finest leathers to cradle proud Aryan buttocks.

But in all fairness Mitsubishi made Japanese fighters and just about every American company made materials for the war effort as well.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:12 AM
Instructor

Given its connotation for German people, it is offensive. To associate all German people with what the Nazi party did and stood for is offensive.

Like I said before, I'm a huge TSX fan, but let's keep in mind that had BMW not set the benchmark for sport sedans, we wouldn't have cars like the TSX. It all began with the BMW 2002, back when Honda was just Honda and was making rust bucket economy cars. I'm not slagging Honda, they've become arguably the best car manufacturer in the world, but they've had to come along way since BMW designed the first sports sedan...

So, is one better than the other? It's irrelevant. I'm a fan of the TSX enough for it to be my next car and a fan of cars in general, including BMW. This site isn't about debating nation vs. nation. If you want to be a bigot, go somewhere else...
Old 09-08-2003, 11:07 AM
Advanced

The TSX IS NOT a car for people that can't afford a BMW/Audi. Even if I could, I wouldn't change my mind for an A4 or 325i -- great cars to drive, but too many hassles, exactly why I'm pissed off at my Jetta VR6. Maybe a different story if I could afford an M3...
Yo Spud, what's wrong with your VR6? I've been having continuous problems with my 01 VR6 for the past several months and am now seriously looking into trading it in for a TSX.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:20 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Nachoman
Yo Spud, what's wrong with your VR6? I've been having continuous problems with my 01 VR6 for the past several months and am now seriously looking into trading it in for a TSX.
I've had it in the dealership 4 times in the last year:

1) broken window regulator (the geniouses used plastic ones for the 00 model year, which have since been changed to metal)

2) a fuel injection sensor problem -- engine was running on four cylinders

3) Mass airflow sensor gave out (causing "check engine" to come on)

4) some other sensor (also causing check engine)

I've also had two bad cases of wet wires twice and I find the paint finish (black in my case) is going to shit after 3 1/2 years.

None of this covered under the two-year warrantee, also I've successfully argued for "good will" in all cases.

Now my"check engine" light has gone on again (a month ago), although I've ignored it, as I've seen no drop in performance and no change in fuel economy. Probably MOS again. I'll need to see to it soon, though, as Ontario has mandatory emmissions inspections, which I likely won't pass with the "check engine" light on.

Overall the car was great for the first two and a half years and has been a real disappointment for the last year.

For me, the TSX as a replacement is a no-brainer.

How has your experience been?
Old 09-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Advanced

I've had it in the dealership 4 times in the last year:

1) broken window regulator (the geniouses used plastic ones for the 00 model year, which have since been changed to metal)

2) a fuel injection sensor problem -- engine was running on four cylinders

3) Mass airflow sensor gave out (causing "check engine" to come on)

4) some other sensor (also causing check engine)

I've also had two bad cases of wet wires twice and I find the paint finish (black in my case) is going to shit after 3 1/2 years.

None of this covered under the two-year warrantee, also I've successfully argued for "good will" in all cases.

Now my"check engine" light has gone on again (a month ago), although I've ignored it, as I've seen no drop in performance and no change in fuel economy. Probably MOS again. I'll need to see to it soon, though, as Ontario has mandatory emmissions inspections, which I likely won't pass with the "check engine" light on.

Overall the car was great for the first two and a half years and has been a real disappointment for the last year.

For me, the TSX as a replacement is a no-brainer.

How has your experience been?
Almost the same:
1) same window regulator problems, driver side clips replaced once, passenger side twice (even after replacing them with metal clips after the first time)
2) Coolant sensor shorted causing MIL light
3) just a couple days ago, EPC, ASR, and MIL lights popped on. Now the car is undrivable, it goes about 2 mph. its now sitting at the dealer waiting for them to figure out the problem.

Did you trade yours in for the TSX or do you still have it? How much trade in did you get for it if you did (you have an 00' vr6 right?)
Old 09-08-2003, 11:50 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

You dont think calling a german a Nazi is offensive? Are YOU kidding me?

And to TSXY..i hear ya. Some people on the board are just very insecure. I have learned to ignore it...for the most part.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:54 AM
Instructor

Did you trade yours in for the TSX or do you still have it? How much trade in did you get for it if you did (you have an 00' vr6 right?)
No, I still have it I'm waiting for my lease to expire in January(last time I lease a car, as well), but I'll probably order the TSX for November and keep the Jetta parked.

I would expect the trade-in to be about $18K-$19K (CDN$$) for a 2000. 01 would be a grand or two more, I guess.

Can't wait to get into a TSX....
Old 09-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Advanced

Spud, well they found out that i had a faulty Mass Airflow sensor. It is covered under warranty but it sucks that this one bad sensor will cause my car to become unusable. did the same thing happen to you when your MAF failed?
Old 09-08-2003, 04:39 PM
Burning Brakes

That reminds me of relay switch problems.

Sensors and relays--often very inexpensive parts--can cause havic. A common problem with the '90 Accord is a faulty ignition relay that intermittently causes failure in starting the car. (This problem was also pervasive with some Toyotas, Nissans, and Infinitis of the same era.) Intuitively, someone with that problem, might think the ignition might need to be replaced. But an honest competent repair place will know better to check for a cheap part that costs a few dollars, plus $75 to install. The relay was overly thermal sensitive, so when the car was warmed up, the relay didn't close or open correctly.
Old 09-09-2003, 11:05 AM
Instructor

Spud, well they found out that i had a faulty Mass Airflow sensor. It is covered under warranty but it sucks that this one bad sensor will cause my car to become unusable. did the same thing happen to you when your MAF failed?
Mine gave out after warranty, but caused no real problems with the car. Dealer told me it has been a common Jetta problem and they gave me good will. The fuel injection sensor was a different story -- much the same problem as you have had.

What's your overall impression of the car? I loved it at first, but now I can't wait to get rid of it.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:00 PM
Pro

i would love to see a nice, small rear lip spoiler!
Old 09-09-2003, 07:27 PM
1st Gear

Black out(s)

I really like to see all the Crome (exterior) to be come black rubber or something in the color black. The grill needs to be changed as well. Lose the logo from the grill and color it black. Details like those are great. Take a good look at the Euro-R, how the window trims are black, NICE.
Old 09-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You know? I would actually like a really nice brake kit that doesn't fage too easily and is really easy to maintain too, and YES cross drilled rotors would kick ASS!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:17 AM
Cruisin'

Wow did this get out of hand. I talked to our body shop and we would be able to do PAINTED HEADLIGHTS now, PM me if you are interested. The first customer will get 50% off so that i can take pictures.

-Eddie

If any one of you guys/gals are interested please PM me, Aim Me @ Spivy1207 or Fusion Auto, or give me a call on my direct line 617-892-3480

www.fusionautodesigns.com
Old 10-21-2003, 09:56 AM
10th Gear

Originally posted by Fusion Auto
Wow did this get out of hand. I talked to our body shop and we would be able to do PAINTED HEADLIGHTS now, PM me if you are interested. The first customer will get 50% off so that i can take pictures.

-Eddie

If any one of you guys/gals are interested please PM me, Aim Me @ Spivy1207 or Fusion Auto, or give me a call on my direct line 617-892-3480

www.fusionautodesigns.com
IS300GTR?? Funny I'd find you here..
Old 10-21-2003, 07:27 PM
Cruisin'

Ya man its me, what up. You shying away from is3 forums
Old 10-21-2003, 10:47 PM
10th Gear

Originally posted by Fusion Auto
Ya man its me, what up. You shying away from is3 forums
Shying away? No way.. I want my dots.. lol

I need to save up money for my F/I.. not an easy task. :'(
Old 10-22-2003, 08:25 AM
Advanced

A question here. Anybody is actually interested in putting in the backup sensor? I think it's a good aftermarket option.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2437218731

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2438679435