Custom Products for the TSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2003, 02:31 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Products for the TSX

Hey,

We are new to the TSX community and want to know what you guys as a consumer would like to see done. We can deal with many companies to produce custom and exclusive products. I was thinking originally:

Carbon Fiber Engine Covers
Carbon Fiber Headlight Insert
Clear reflector replacement for the orange one in the headlight (i dont kno if any one makes it)

any other ideas???

-Eddie
Old 09-02-2003, 03:30 PM
VTECSTASY!

how bout a nice aftermarket lip package (front, sides, and rear). Nothing too aggressive. Something subtle and clean. As of now, the only aftermarket lips available are the JDM accord parts.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:31 PM
Pro

This community is very anti-rice. Think more luxury features. Maybe a little more hidden horsepower.
Old 09-02-2003, 03:49 PM
Cruisin'

Luxury features sound like a great idea. and to this date the only bodykit that i know for the acura tsx is the vizage lip kit, which i posted about a few days ago

-Eddie
Old 09-02-2003, 03:57 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what do you guys mean by "more lux features." What kinds of add-ons do you mean?
Old 09-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Custom Products for the TSX

Originally posted by Fusion Auto
Clear reflector replacement for the orange one in the headlight (i dont kno if any one makes it)
i'm sure plenty of people would be interested in this.
Old 09-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Cruisin'

at this point we do not have a TSX Project car which is what we are looking for. When we do find one that meets our standards and in our area we will give you guys some of the nicest products you can find. I am a lexus owner and enthusiast so i pay close attention to detail

-Eddie
Old 09-02-2003, 04:27 PM
Registered AssHat

Another idea would be good aluminum pedals ala the Euro-R for both the AT and MT versions (including foot rest).
Old 09-02-2003, 05:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Those orange reflectors might be government, state, or provincial (take your pick) requirements for turn signals.

Why change them to something illegal?
Old 09-02-2003, 05:30 PM
BDI
Banned

Re: Re: Custom Products for the TSX

Originally posted by Brad
Those orange reflectors might be government, state, or provincial (take your pick) requirements for turn signals.

Why change them to something illegal?

Because they are ugly and have nothing to do do with our turn signals.

I would definitely be interested in the clear corner relectors!
Old 09-02-2003, 05:39 PM
Racer

Re: Re: Re: Custom Products for the TSX

Originally posted by BDI
Because they are ugly and have nothing to do do with our turn signals.

I would definitely be interested in the clear corner relectors!
Even tho they have nothing to do with turn signals, it is law that there must be orange sidemarkers w/ reflector along the front of the car.

Altho, I do agree it is ugly looking on some cars, while other cars it's not. Depending on where the car was made.
Old 09-02-2003, 06:35 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi
Another idea would be good aluminum pedals ala the Euro-R for both the AT and MT versions (including foot rest).
yeah, i'd be all for new euro-r type pedals for the AT. i love the look of aluminum pedals, dead pedal included
Old 09-02-2003, 07:40 PM
Jersey ---> Maryland

Re: Re: Re: Re: Custom Products for the TSX

Originally posted by BuddySol
Even tho they have nothing to do with turn signals, it is law that there must be orange sidemarkers w/ reflector along the front of the car.

Altho, I do agree it is ugly looking on some cars, while other cars it's not. Depending on where the car was made.
even though its a law...they are not strictly enforced (i guess it depends on where ur from)...i had clear corners on my previous 3 cars and never had a problem with the law enforcement.
Old 09-02-2003, 08:02 PM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

1.definately clear corners for the headlights
2.a "german type" lip spoiler (i cant believe i said that)
3. a "german type" rear window spoiler (similar to the ones that hamann uses)
Old 09-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Pro

Originally posted by 7eighteen
----------------------------------------------------

Let's see, clear corners, lip spoilers, angel eyes, maybe even adaptive xenons and an "M" badge? What you want is called a BMW...
Old 09-03-2003, 02:03 AM
Racer

I would like a set of clear reflectors for the ones at the base of the rear bumper. Maybe even a rear foglight kit.

edit: I would really like to see a bigger brake kit. Even better if the rotors are cross-drilled.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:02 AM
Burning Brakes

My votes:

1. Grille kit similar to Mugen. Plain with black or aluminum mesh, no emblems...maybe in fiberglass with the option of it coming painted, but definitely cheaper than the original. (This was posted on the other site as well.)

2. Aluminum pedals. Great idea! Maybe something like this, but with the TSX logo and a little less polish. I think brushed aluminum would look very nice.

3. I like ssm_tsx's idea of clear reflectors on the rear bumper. The red ones bother me, too!

4. Clear side markers...If I'm looking at the headlights correctly, you can just open them up and remove the orange pieces and achieve the same effect. This is true with the RSX. In any event, the headlight housings will have to be opened and re-sealed to do this mod with clear reflectors. Maybe you could offer this service on an exchange basis... We send in our headlights, you send us back a set of cleared ones or we pay a core fee and do it the other way around. Just a thought.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:12 AM
Burning Brakes

Actually, a headlight conversion like this would be perfect! They have the JDM black out effect, clear sides, and halos all in one. Just use the factory HID setup in a housing like this and...wow.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by oo7bondgrrl
Actually, a headlight conversion like this would be perfect! They have the JDM black out effect, clear sides, and halos all in one. Just use the factory HID setup in a housing like this and...wow.
those are ugly aftermarket headlights.
the tsx's headlights are the same as the jdm/euro accords. so i don't understand how black housing = jdm? they're all the same, except the tsx gets amber reflectors instead of clear.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:08 AM
Burning Brakes

i have no idea what a german lip is?

Originally posted by Buff-Daddy
----------------------------------------------------

Let's see, clear corners, lip spoilers, angel eyes, maybe even adaptive xenons and an "M" badge? What you want is called a BMW...
Old 09-03-2003, 06:59 AM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

hey sean buffy , did i say angel eyes?did i say adaptive xenons? if you look to the left of your screen you can see im not a bmw fan...asshole
Old 09-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Pro

hey sean buffy , did i say angel eyes?did i say adaptive xenons? if you look to the left of your screen you can see im not a bmw fan...asshole
----------------------------------------------------------

You bought what you can afford, you want everything that a BMW has to offer... Don't be mad at me because you didn't get the car you wanted. I didn't make you buy the TSXtra rattles.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:21 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
----------------------------------------------------------

You bought what you can afford, you want everything that a BMW has to offer... Don't be mad at me because you didn't get the car you wanted. I didn't make you buy the TSXtra rattles.
You originally came here because you were having a hard time deciding between a TSX and 325, fine. Everyone gave you great advice and even though it was instantly obvious your a BMW snob. You finally decided to buy a 325 (Congratulations). You then stated that you would be leaving this community. Yet your still here and have turned into a troll to boot. Why may I ask are you still here? Go visit some BMW forums and bash the TSX there.

Are you going to use your great original joke and call me Papa Smurf again because I have a blue car? Take a hike you BMW snob.
Old 09-03-2003, 12:50 PM
Pro

Originally posted by domn
Are you going to use your great original joke and call me Papa Smurf again because I have a blue car? Take a hike you BMW snob.
---------------------------------

Did someone forget to take thier medication today?

I give good solid advice to people with serious questions and I tease people that make stupid comments.

Yes, I now have 2 BMW's, but that is what I like. I think the TSX is a great car, but I am realistic about it. I am teasing him because he said that he hates German cars and yet wants a German lip spoiler, clear corner markers, etc. Others have asked for angel eyes, bigger brakes, even an all-wheel-drive version of the TSX. So, I tease them and tell them that they should have bought a BMW. Take a joke you blue/purple car lovin' pussy!

And I am on the BMW forums and I have never once ripped on the TSX on those sites. I have only seen one post pertaining to the TSX and I defended it as a good value. 95% of the people on this board are down to earth, I rip on the 5% that talk about this car like it is the next Ferrari Modena.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:08 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts

Did someone forget to take thier medication today?
Yes.

The last few posts I've read from you have all centered around TSX bashing. If I've misread you and your only here to crack jokes call people with blue cars papa smurf, talk about TSX rattles and tell everbody they should have bought a BMW then I aoplogize.

If you think I'm one of the 5% of people on this forum who think the TSX is gods gift to mankind then your sadly mistaken. I actually like BMW's too.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:16 PM
Pro

Originally posted by domn
Yes.

The last few posts I've read from you have all centered around TSX bashing.
---------------------------------------------
Was I bashing the TSX or bashing what the TSX owner was saying? That's what I thought. The TSX is a great car, I was seriously looking at one. The TSX owners are the ones making the stupid comments, not the car...
Old 09-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

, I rip on the 5% that talk about this car like it is the next Ferrari Modena.
Why do you feel the need to rip on anybody? Who appointed you as internet enforcer of objectivity?

This is a Acura TSX enthusiast site. Some posters here may not have balanced views on their cars, but so what? This site is not about critical analysis of the TSX's weaknesses and strengths. I'm not saying it is not OK to point out problems with the vehicle (as I often do) but there is no reason to come here and make snide cracks or take shots at those drivers who are particularly excited about the TSX.

If you would prefer a more balanced take on the Acura product line, go elsewhere. We're all Honda/Acura enthusiasts here, and we don't try to hide that.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:32 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by oo7bondgrrl
My votes:

1. Grille kit similar to Mugen. Plain with black or aluminum mesh, no emblems...maybe in fiberglass with the option of it coming painted, but definitely cheaper than the original. (This was posted on the other site as well.)

2. Aluminum pedals. Great idea! Maybe something like this, but with the TSX logo and a little less polish. I think brushed aluminum would look very nice.

3. I like ssm_tsx's idea of clear reflectors on the rear bumper. The red ones bother me, too!

4. Clear side markers...If I'm looking at the headlights correctly, you can just open them up and remove the orange pieces and achieve the same effect. This is true with the RSX. In any event, the headlight housings will have to be opened and re-sealed to do this mod with clear reflectors. Maybe you could offer this service on an exchange basis... We send in our headlights, you send us back a set of cleared ones or we pay a core fee and do it the other way around. Just a thought.

Link stolen from the old site

http://www.newtiburon.com/DIY/clearc...earCorners.htm

it has all of the instructions on how to remove the yellow markers from the headlight housing
Old 09-03-2003, 01:46 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
I am teasing him because he said that he hates German cars and yet wants a German lip spoiler, clear corner markers, etc. Others have asked for angel eyes, bigger brakes, even an all-wheel-drive version of the TSX. So, I tease them and tell them that they should have bought a BMW.
I don't get it...you said you're on the BMW forums. Haven't you seen similar things over there? BMW "enthusiasts" wanting bigger brakes, clear corner lens, bodykits, suspension kits, supercharger or turbocharger....the list can go on and on!!! So what would you tease them with, huh??? They should've bought a Ferrari!
Old 09-03-2003, 02:07 PM
Pro

Originally posted by vwong
I don't get it...you said you're on the BMW forums. Haven't you seen similar things over there? BMW "enthusiasts" wanting bigger brakes, clear corner lens, bodykits, suspension kits, supercharger or turbocharger....the list can go on and on!!! So what would you tease them with, huh??? They should've bought a Ferrari!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not too many BMW owners looking for "rice" accessories. More along the lines of Dinan engine upgrades.

If a guy on the BMW forum is talking out of his butt and saying how his 325ci convertible smoked a Porsche GT2 in a race, he will get flammed. Same thing goes for if someone slaps an "M" badge on his stock 325i.

You have to remember that this all started because one guy said he hated German cars and yet wanted German-style accessories. I found that amusing. It's that simple...
Old 09-03-2003, 02:17 PM
Advanced

any other ideas???

-Eddie
How about rectangular fog lamps.
(More or less.)

Basically, fogs that don't have a big big black bezel around them like the Honda oval ones do, but fit the cavity by themselves.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:09 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by bheywow
Link stolen from the old site

http://www.newtiburon.com/DIY/clearc...earCorners.htm

it has all of the instructions on how to remove the yellow markers from the headlight housing
I would be scared to death to take the headlight housing on the TSX apart to remove that orange reflector. Seals on these units are extremely sensitive (just like any other all in one housing). I'd be paranoid every morning of going out ot see my lights full of condensation.

I think the best solution for people who want clears are to just suck it up and order the real JDM ones. Its expensive, but at least we know the quality is good and they will last, unlike most after-market clear setups.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:18 PM
Pro

Acura should have stuck with this idea, these headlights were fine, get rid of the orange!

Old 09-03-2003, 03:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Acura should have stuck with this idea, these headlights were fine, get rid of the orange!

the orange reflector is on the bumper turn signal. since most cars have one piece headlights, you can't do that anymore.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by prolix21
I would be scared to death to take the headlight housing on the TSX apart to remove that orange reflector. Seals on these units are extremely sensitive (just like any other all in one housing). I'd be paranoid every morning of going out ot see my lights full of condensation.

I think the best solution for people who want clears are to just suck it up and order the real JDM ones. Its expensive, but at least we know the quality is good and they will last, unlike most after-market clear setups.
It would save you a lot of money and they might end up being sealled better than from the factory, several members have had bad seals anyways.

I personally could care less about the color, they are staying stock on mine
Old 09-03-2003, 07:58 PM
Racer

Those here who were wanting clear turn signals, check your state law. This is a state issue, not federal one. I can speak for Texas because I researched this a few years ago. In Texas, the front signals can either be clear or amber and the rear signals can either be red or amber. Go to an inspection station and ask them to look it up for you - clear front signals might be an option depending on what state you live in.
Old 09-03-2003, 11:40 PM
Blueberry

I am also all for the aluminum pedals for the auto and manual TSX!! Something that looks like the Euro R's pedals would be awesome!!
Old 09-04-2003, 02:03 AM
A- GERMAN CAR HATER

hey B-diddy..check this out.....right before my TSX i owned a A4 (more $$$ than the TSX same $$ as your BMW)....so don't tell me "i bought what i could afford", because i could have afforded another A4 or a BMW or a benz..but, I realized something........they're all high maintenance pieces of shit. I had more problems with that nazi piece of shit then I've ever had with all my other cars combined....so, basically your a dick, and an asshole, who has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what your talking about.......leave, please.....and while your at it, run that turd into a wall.....but make sure you don't get out before-hand.....
Old 09-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Pro

hey B-diddy..check this out.....right before my TSX i owned a A4 (more $$$ than the TSX same $$ as your BMW)....so don't tell me "i bought what i could afford", because i could have afforded another A4 or a BMW or a benz..but, I realized something........they're all high maintenance pieces of shit. I had more problems with that nazi piece of shit then I've ever had with all my other cars combined....so, basically your a dick, and an asshole, who has ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what your talking about.......leave, please.....and while your at it, run that turd into a wall.....but make sure you don't get out before-hand.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry your A4 was a piece of crap, are you sure it was a new one because I didn't think Burger King managers made that much? I guess living with your parents must have put that car within reach.

I'm not sure what your parents A4 has to do with my love of BMW's or the TSX, but at least you got to use some tough guy words and get a few things off of your chest. You can be whoever you want to pretend to be on this board, but in real life you wouldn't even be able to look me in the eye.

I lease all my cars for 36 months because I get usually get bored with things after that amount of time. During that 36 months, I get free maintenance, roadside assistance and full warranty coverage. Not sure where the risk is with that genius?

I almost hope something goes wrong with one of my cars, because they will just give me a different BMW to drive for the day. For my 1st oil change and detail on my X5, the gave me a 530 for the day, I loved it! Whenever I took in my Acura CL in, they would give me a GEO Prism, yee haw!

Say "Hi" to your mom and dad for me and make sure you wash your face a lot, that grease from scooping those fries all day will do a number on your skin.

:pee: 7eighteen
Old 09-04-2003, 10:36 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had more problems with that nazi piece of shit then I've ever had with all my other cars combined

Hey buddy...calm your ass down. I'm not even german but that a pretty offensive comment.

Quick Reply: Custom Products for the TSX