Consumer Reports Latest Article TSX Reviewed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 12:58 PM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motor Trend seems to be the most accurate.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by iamhomin
Motor Trend seems to be the most accurate.
They also seem to be the slowest.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by rivvin
Alright another good review for the TSX! Over at is300.net, I read a couple threads where they're basically looking down on us for owning this "$30,000 accord 4 banger pos" and saying how we're using magazines to prove our worth....blah blah blah. Can anybody say jealous? If there are a lot of reviews for the TSX and basically all good then there must be something about this car that's WORTH IT.

If you want to read the threads just do a search for TSX...lots of negativity over there.
.Net is a funny place. Very combatative, even from Lex owner to Lex owner. After meeting so many of them, they are true car nuts. FWD just will not be taken seriously over there. Some of the mods those guys do to the IS is unbelieavble.

And again, another comparison without the IS for those that swear the TSX is IS competition.

Good review, consumer reports is great for buying cars you want to own. Not read about.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
.Net is a funny place. Very combatative, even from Lex owner to Lex owner. After meeting so many of them, they are true car nuts. FWD just will not be taken seriously over there. Some of the mods those guys do to the IS is unbelieavble.

And again, another comparison without the IS for those that swear the TSX is IS competition.

Good review, consumer reports is great for buying cars you want to own. Not read about.

It think that the TSX is competition for the IS300 in that they are both small sporty sedans that are aimed at similar demographics. But, the IS300 is priced closer to the the TL, and is a much sportier vehicle (IMO). I think they're much different kinds of cars, overall.

The TSX vs. Volvo S40 vs. Saab 9-3 vs. Audi A4 all makes more sense to me.

Other issue: One big problem I have with the CR article is that the insist on comparing the TSX with NAV in price to vehicles without NAV. For example, they complain that the Honda Accord V6 is 2,000 cheaper than the TSX. However, they neglect to mention that the Accord EX V6 and TSX are very close to each other in price, when both have NAV.

As for the Legacy GT WITHOUT NAV, it is very close in price to the TL without NAV. How many of us would take the Legacy over the TL?
Old 10-01-2004, 03:19 PM
STi'd

Originally Posted by LannyM
I measured my A-Spec kit and got exactly 1.25" front and rear.

Or 31.75mm.......................

Or 3.175 centimeters...........

Okay, that's enough .....
Wow, you got that much of a drop? I think my a-spec drop was not even an inch. Maybe it hasn't settled yet? Regardless, I absolutely love the a-spec setup!
Old 10-01-2004, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gilboman
why would a IS owner be jealous of a TSX owner???? it's like a ferrari owner jealous of a kia owner. and you really do drive a 4 banger FWD 4 door 3300lb accord that cost 30k

WOW, the IS is a Ferrari now??? Dam, why didn't I get that car? Seriously though, why wouldn't you be jealous? Under $30,000, loaded, good car company, a 4 that's comparable to a v6, overall better fit and finish material, good reviews all around....need I say more? I can care less about the v6 in the IS300 or the Lexus name. It didn't feel like a rocket when I was in it or looked or felt like a $30,000 plus car. And the interior. Love the exterior though, but so yesterday. And, does it matter that I drive a 4 banger blah blah blah accord? If I cared at all much, I would've just bought the dang "Accord" and not a TSX. I think I put my money to good use. I'm not disappointed at all. I admitted though, I could use some more ponies, but then again, the "4 banger" is good enough for me. I wouldn't buy the IS300 anyway...not just for the name or the v6! Same reason why I wouldn't buy BMW or Mercedes. For $30,000 plus car, it better be more than a v6 and have some things in there that I can hoot and holler about. But anyway, I'm pretty sastisfied with my plain-o TSX eventhough it's a "4 banger FWD 4 door 3300lb accord that cost 30k."
Old 10-01-2004, 04:46 PM
tsxer

Originally Posted by STL
gilbo =
Old 10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Just got the issue and looked up the 0-60 for the auto and it was...

9.2 SECONDS. :wtf:

I mean, I'm not expecting a race car by any means, but I was expecting an acceleration in the low 8's. I've noticed that CR is a slower than other mags, but their timing was
Old 10-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rivvin
WOW, the IS is a Ferrari now??? Dam, why didn't I get that car? Seriously though, why wouldn't you be jealous? Under $30,000, loaded, good car company, a 4 that's comparable to a v6, overall better fit and finish material, good reviews all around....need I say more? I can care less about the v6 in the IS300 or the Lexus name. It didn't feel like a rocket when I was in it or looked or felt like a $30,000 plus car. And the interior. Love the exterior though, but so yesterday. And, does it matter that I drive a 4 banger blah blah blah accord? If I cared at all much, I would've just bought the dang "Accord" and not a TSX. I think I put my money to good use. I'm not disappointed at all. I admitted though, I could use some more ponies, but then again, the "4 banger" is good enough for me. I wouldn't buy the IS300 anyway...not just for the name or the v6! Same reason why I wouldn't buy BMW or Mercedes. For $30,000 plus car, it better be more than a v6 and have some things in there that I can hoot and holler about. But anyway, I'm pretty sastisfied with my plain-o TSX eventhough it's a "4 banger FWD 4 door 3300lb accord that cost 30k."
IS300 is inline 6 not V6 but will be V6 on the next gen. I used to like Altezza a lot when it first came out. But I was so dissappointed that the NA IS300 came with the old school heavy iron block 6 instead of the JDM 4 banger vvtli. When I test drive the IS300, I grining the gear 4 times and the 3rd gear pop out twice. It has low end torque but no high rev refinement as Honda or the JDM Altezza. Also it is damn nose heavy and with a very bad gas mileage. Toyota still better stay with pure luxury car
Old 10-01-2004, 09:59 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ferrari. Ha ha. Good belly laugh there that you gave me. Let's see... C&D had one 0-60 time in a manual IS300 of 7.3. They had the manual TSX at 6.6 once. Lol. Given the variation of times, one can easily call the 2 cars "equal" in 0-60. Put some better rubber on the TSX and it'll hang with the IS300 through the curves even though it's considerably larger. It's also very very close in the quarter mile. Add in how tiny the IS300 is and the luxury factor and...

The IS300 was a good car for its time, but, like all cars that stick around too long (Acura's had a few!), it's time has come and gone. Now it's just silly to buy one (unless plan is to mod and race), even more silly than buying a 325i.

Mayhaps Gilbo should lay off the sauce?