Considering used TSX.. 04-06 differences

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 08:57 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering used TSX.. 04-06 differences

Hey guys, Ive been lurking for a while, and joined.
Honestly, Im a member of a few forums, and the people on here seem to be nicer than most others..Maybe its an Acura thing..

I currently own a 94 Vigor, awesome car, 5cyl, 173hp, Auto, still smooth..However it's getting kinda old with 150k miles, and I think I need a more reliable car. I cant get over the TSX, and Im pretty much set on it..The only thing that sucks is the resale value is soooo high!! I gets thats good for most people other than me. My budget is around 20k, the lower the better, but I dont want anything with like 70k miles. Are there any major/minor differences between the 04-06 TSX's? I read a few post down that some guy said not to get an 04 because it has many little problems that Acura fixed in the 05 model???
Also, the 6 year/70k mile warranty, that does transfer over right?? Does it cover electrical stuff (02 sensor, MAF's, ABS sensors, etc.) I would be the first one to praise the realibility of Acura, but I kinda think a warranty is neccessary with all the computerized components nowadays..your guy's take on this?? Can I add an extended warranty from Acura if I buy the car used from a private party??

Thanks alot guys, and I will be posting around now..
Old 11-10-2006, 10:14 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

5 cylinder, huh?
Old 11-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TSX2345
5 cylinder, huh?
yeah vigors are 5 cylinder beleive it or not
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-...QQcmdZViewItem
look at the specs

op, first year cars always have its quirks, i would settle for an 05 or later.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Por Favor?

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by acurampage
Hey guys, Ive been lurking for a while, and joined.
Honestly, Im a member of a few forums, and the people on here seem to be nicer than most others..Maybe its an Acura thing..

I currently own a 94 Vigor, awesome car, 5cyl, 173hp, Auto, still smooth..However it's getting kinda old with 150k miles, and I think I need a more reliable car. I cant get over the TSX, and Im pretty much set on it..The only thing that sucks is the resale value is soooo high!! I gets thats good for most people other than me. My budget is around 20k, the lower the better, but I dont want anything with like 70k miles. Are there any major/minor differences between the 04-06 TSX's? I read a few post down that some guy said not to get an 04 because it has many little problems that Acura fixed in the 05 model???
Also, the 6 year/70k mile warranty, that does transfer over right?? Does it cover electrical stuff (02 sensor, MAF's, ABS sensors, etc.) I would be the first one to praise the realibility of Acura, but I kinda think a warranty is neccessary with all the computerized components nowadays..your guy's take on this?? Can I add an extended warranty from Acura if I buy the car used from a private party??

Thanks alot guys, and I will be posting around now..
Factory warranties are tied to the car, not the owner. THe 6 year/70k is on powertrain, so that stuff should be covered. The 4 year, 50k one is B-to-B. Extended warranty I wouldn't bother with. (If it was an Audi or BMW id be concerned.)

I would take an 05 over the 04 even though it will cost some more. They added some stuff I think is worthwhile, and worked most of the bugs out. My 05 didnt have any problems after 8300 miles.

Personally I would wait and save a few bucks until some of the 06's start hitting the used market. Best version of the car if you plan to keep it for a long time. No significant changes for 07 and likely not for 08 either.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:29 PM
1st Gear

04 Tsx F/s

Im selling my 04 TSX. I am willing to give you a hell of a deal. See, I have a two year old and we found out my wife is expecting twins. So her TSX has to go. Actually just bought an 03 MDX so I can fit all the darn car seats in.

TSX is Black with black leather. Non -nav. Nav was the only option that year. Oh, Trunk mat and wheel locks as well. 36,500 miles. never beat or wrecked. A little wheel rash and some rock chips that can be buffed out. I have pics I can email but if you are serious, I gotta unload this this week or its getting traded in and the dealer will ask 24 or 25,000.

Email me back and I can send pics.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by acurampage
Are there any major/minor differences between the 04-06 TSX's? I read a few post down that some guy said not to get an 04 because it has many little problems that Acura fixed in the 05 model???
The 04/05 is similar, whereas changes were introduced in the 06 model. Slight changes to the front, slight engine changes to give the 06 slightly more power, maintenance minder, mp3 auxiliary jack, a faster navi system, bluetooth I believe for handsfreelink, etc. I know there's more, but I only have experience with my 06 (never seen an 04/05). I think there's some changes between 04 and 05 as well, but the differences are small. I wouldn't get the 04 because it's a first-year model, whereas most of the kinks got worked out in the 05 model. I bought an 06 because of the bluetooth.

The warranty is tied to the car. You can buy an extended warranty (at least from a 3rd party), but you'll have to have your car inspected first I believe. I got the extended warranty from Acura, but if I remember correctly, it may or may not cover the navi (just the other electrical stuff).

If you ask me, the extended warranty isn't so important. I say this because I have had Zero problems with my tsx. However, it seems that some people have had constant rattles and other problems. So if you're lucky to get a car like mine, it'll be rock solid with no problems. Otherwise, you might look into it.

With your budget, you'll probably be looking at an 04/05 with non-navi. It'll take a couple more years before 06's will get to around that price. I think with an 04, the going price for non-navi seems to be around 22k to 25k (from what I gathered from various posts).

If your car will last a while, I'd suggest that you save up, wait until the 07's have been around for a while...then try and get an 06 model. By then, your downpayment will be enough to lower the monthly price for your car, and you'll be able to afford the 06. The 06 is the best year to keep for a long while.

If you want the car sooner, and your budget is the priority...you should be fine with the 04. Hopefully the previous owner has taken care of all the rattles already