Compustar Alarm Install... need advice and info...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 02:11 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Compustar Alarm Install... need advice and info...

I'm getting a supposedly certified compustar dealer to install my alarm.

Now to get it to interface with my car, they want to use the following two things:

Crimestopper CANSL- I belive this is used so that the alarm can interface with the stock alarm, and have it be able to do the trunk relase.

Here's the official discription i found online:
Self Detecting and Self Learning data interface module. New SL technology. One or two wire connection to vehicle depending on whether single or dual wire CAN communication is required. Identifies the doors & trunk status, tachometer (where available), arms & disarms OEM alarm door lock/unlock, sliding doors, trunk and gas cap relase, and heated seats/mirrors and defrost. Easy install cuts installation time in half.

Crimestopper HondaSL- I belive this is what they use to get around the immobilizer that is in our cars.
Here's the official discription i found online: Self detecting and Self learning data interface module. Does not require a key. One module fits all Honda & Acura models from 1998-2006 (except prelude). Only consumes 1.6milliAMP while at rest.

With the addition of these and the alarm, i STILL supposedly will not have the ability to rollup/down my windows with the remote. That will require yet another module attached to the alarm. -- Though I dont think they are aware that the stock alarm has the ability to control the windows (i have the module that KPTechnologies was selling that makes the windows roll up with the stock alarm)-- so maybe with the CANSL (described above) i may not have to buy an additional roll up/down module.

---Now I've been reading a little about the thing on bypasskit.com and the Dei 555i that I see a lot of people using on the Acura RSX...

Can someone tell me the difference between these products, and clarify for me exactly what is and isn't needed? I dont want to lose the window up/down capability from my remote, and they're charging $70 for that as well...

The entire install is supposed to be $770 including EVERYTHING from the alarm, to the HondaSL and CanSL and the window up/down module-- all installed.

Kinda a lot more than I was originally expecting... My cap was originalyl $550 then I went to $650 thinking okay lifetime warranty let me just do this right... and now its up to $770-- and i'm like woha this is getting a little nuts... so any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

Compustar This is the Alarm I'm Getting------------------------------------------------

2W900FM-AS (alarm with remote start)
Up to 3000* feet of Range
This model was introduced during the first half of 2004. It has the largest LCD of any CompuStar remotes along with a built in clock. The 900MHz technology used in the 2WSS-Series was re-tooled for a longer battery life and a quicker response time between the transmitter and receiver. Firstech engineers were the first to perfect 900MHz FM for vehicle security applications.
*Range is quoted for U.S. models only. International models will differ in range.

Available in blue (2nd car) or gray (turbo) (Includes 1 x two-way remote and 1 x one-way remote)

Basic Remote Features
Two-way paging remote
Vibration and audible notification
Run-time indicator
Turbo timer or 2nd Car
CompuGlow backlight
Multi-color LCD (liquid crystal display)
Shock sensor on/off through remote
Passive on/off through remote
Valet mode on/off through remote
Uses standard AAA battery
Built in Clock
Largest LCD of any CompuStar remotes
2004 Innovation Award Winner
Basic Alarm/Start Features
Includes dual stage shock sensor
RPS (remote paging system)
External Siren (six-tone)
Super bright blue LED
2-auxillary outputs
Dedicated trunk output
Horn honk output
Includes anti-grind and starter-kill relay
Driver's priority unlock
Ignition controlled door locks
Trunk output
Remote start
Diesel features built-in
Manual transmission compatible

ANY AND ALL HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I need to cutt costs somewhere. and since the two modules they're trying to sell me are what put me over budget in the first place, and with the addition of the window module they're adding on puts me even FURTHER over budget... i need advice...

thanks in advance guys!!!
Old 03-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey....i got the same alarm installed.... the total price for me was $500 CAD including install and alarm.....

but i didn't ask them to link the compustar remote to the windows up/down function....... they said i'll need an other module in order to have that function........ est price for that is about $100 on top............
Old 03-15-2006, 02:49 PM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by accord-v6
Hey....i got the same alarm installed.... the total price for me was $500 CAD including install and alarm.....

but i didn't ask them to link the compustar remote to the windows up/down function....... they said i'll need an other module in order to have that function........ est price for that is about $100 on top............
did that include a module for the bypass of the immobilizer and the CANSL (or similar) to "learn" the functions of the stock alarm?

They quoted me $550 before they found out i'd need all that extra stuff + I wanted the window up/down so that was another $70--- Grand total for everything after taxes = $770
Old 03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it include everything..... maybe later on i might add the windows up/down module..... but still thinking is it worth it??........

How often would i use that over remote start the car with A/C ON................. that's the question.........hahhaha
Old 03-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Try https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/