Color remorse

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:46 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color remorse

Just curious if any owners find themselves having color remorse. Bought a SSM but can't help wishing i got a NHB everytime i see one on the road. Don't want to turn this into "my color is best and this is why" discussion... but just curious if i'm not alone in my sentiments. if so, what do you have and what color do you want?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:56 AM
Racer

im partially retarded and dont know what nhb stands for. pls advise.

i drive an artic blue tsx. at first i had wished i went with CG, but over time ive grown to love my blue color. carbon seems to be the classiest, most popular (along with silver), although blue screams youth and a bit more sport, imo.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:57 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I'm still on the fence. I have Indigo Blue Pearl (Canada only) and while I love the color its just a pain in the ass to keep clean. I regret not getting PWP on ebony.

I was at my Acura dealer the other day and saw that the RSX-S is available is a clor called Magnesium Metallic. Not as light as SSM and not nearly as dark as Carbon Grey. It was the perfect color IMO. If only it had been available on the 04 TSX's.

Here it is

Old 09-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by javierjavier
Just curious if any owners find themselves having color remorse.....
YES! Everyone and their mom has a CG. I wish I had gotten a more unique color.
Old 09-24-2004, 10:58 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,236 Likes on 825 Posts
NHB - Night Halk Black. I have NHB and a have some remorse. Looks great when clean, but not sop great when dirty. I don't know what alternative I would pick, but if I did it again, it may not be black....Or maybe it would...not sure.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:02 AM
6MT Snob

The grass is always greener on the other side.

Or in your case, blacker.

I have seen black TSX's and went man that looks sharp, and then i remembered oh yeah ive had 2 black cars and they S U C K to keep clean esp in chicago.

Then i saw a red one and i was like, well besides the :gheyfight: wood interior it looks nice, and then i remember that from personal experience cops do notice red cars more.. so..

What it comes down to is every color has its advantages / disadvantages..

Be happy you have a great car no matter what color it is..
Old 09-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by domn
I'm still on the fence. I have Indigo Blue Pearl (Canada only) and while I love the color its just a pain in the ass to keep clean. I regret not getting PWP on ebony.

I was at my Acura dealer the other day and saw that the RSX-S is available is a clor called Magnesium Metallic. Not as light as SSM and not nearly as dark as Carbon Grey. It was the perfect color IMO. If only it had been available on the 04 TSX's.

Here it is

that's a sweeet color!! I think it'd look great on the TSX
Old 09-24-2004, 11:06 AM
Racer

i think black always looks good, no matter how ugly the car. black is an absense of color, so it hides imperfections, and black is also very cool color. ninja's chose black cuz its stealthy.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Everyday Joe

Here it is

Sounds like the dark grey that goes on the TL. I would have loved that color.

As for the original question...within the last few days I have thought that maybe my SSM is not my first choice. But, I have not seen the CG in a bit and every time I looked at that color at the dealer, I just did not like the blue tint to it. I went with SSM b/c it's a "safe" choice and I HAD to have a black interior.
It's funny but I have yet to see a CG on the road in my area...lots of SSM and a couple of the light blues and blacks, but no CG
In the end, I went with what I liked the best...although a darker than SSM/lighter than CG would have sold me!
Old 09-24-2004, 11:08 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by members78
....black is an absense of color, so it hides imperfections.....
It doesn't hide rock chips very well...

Edit: You can see swirl marks pretty good, too.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:11 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
black is an absense of color, so it hides imperfections

This is completely backwards. Black shows imperfections even more. This is why body builders paint their bodies darker for competitions.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:13 AM
nader-tsx

I went into the Acura dealership wanting the PWP color, because I just have a thing for white (I walked out of a BMW dealership b/c they couldn't get me the white 325 Ci). But then I realized that they only offer the tan interior with the wood trim which I thought looked really :gheyfight: . If they had the ebony interior for the PWP exterior I would have gotten that in a heartbeat. But I reasoned to myself that I'm going to be sitting inside of the car more than looking at it from the outside so I went with the Black exterior with the ebony interior leather.

Tell you the truth I wish I had just gotten the PWP, altough the black looks really hot after washing and waxing...
Old 09-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Racer

This is completely backwards. Black shows imperfections even more. This is why body builders paint their bodies darker for competitions.
in this culture, it is healthier looking to have a tan.

and, black won't shout out certain lines, or incongruous styling, like say, a white or blue car would.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:19 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

in this culture, it is healthier looking to have a tan.

and, black won't shout out certain lines, or incongruous styling, like say, a white or blue car would.

healthier looking? Thats not why they do it...your just guessing. Trust me i know for fact , black shows the creases in the muscles much better and thats why body builders literally paint thier bodies. Its got nothing to do with looking "healthy" lol. it actually makes the skin look terrible (the paint does)

A dent or ding in a black car will show more than one in a silver car.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Racer

i just replied, but it didnt go thru, anyways...

in this culture, a tan is healthier looking than pasty white.

black will not draw attention to details like say, a white or red car would. though a lot of color perception depends on the individual, i think it's safe to say that black flatters uglier cars more than others, and gives nice looking cars a very nice look, esp after wash n wax.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Racer

healthier looking? Thats not why they do it...your just guessing. Trust me i know for fact , black shows the creases in the muscles much better and thats why body builders literally paint thier bodies. Its got nothing to do with looking "healthy" lol. it actually makes the skin look terrible (the paint does)
1) there is a difference between the color bodybuilders wear, and complete black.

2) bodybuilding shows are done in extreme lighting, which will highlight the color. however, in not so bright lighting, black will absorb the light rays, and not reflect it back, resulting in less light reaching your eyes.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:25 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ClutchPerformer
YES! Everyone and their mom and nonna has a CG..

The only time I have had any sort of color remorse was seeing an NHB in the parking structure, and that went away very quickly. I sort of don't get it as much because I have one of the rarest colors. It makes me feel special. Yup, I'm a special girl...at least that's what my mommy told me.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:29 AM
Go Giants

i think black always looks good, no matter how ugly the car. black is an absense of color, so it hides imperfections, and black is also very cool color. ninja's chose black cuz its stealthy.

Now that you mention it, I do feel like a ninja every time I get into my car....HEIIIAYYYYA!!!

Old 09-24-2004, 11:45 AM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

well i love my NHB/ebony (a pain to keep clean in chicago), but if i had to have a different color it would be either artic blue or milano red.......all with ebony would be prefered.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:46 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
that's a sweeet color!! I think it'd look great on the TSX

If its available for 05 or 06, I'm doing a trade.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:53 AM
esk
Advanced

I prefer white. Looks great clean, keeps the car cooler in summer, hides swirl marks better, less noticed by police and you have less chance of getting in an accident at night (some auto insurance study determined this based on white cars being more visible at night).
Old 09-24-2004, 11:55 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not me. i love my silver.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Go Giants

Originally Posted by esk
I prefer white. Looks great clean, keeps the car cooler in summer, hides swirl marks better, less noticed by police and you have less chance of getting in an accident at night (some auto insurance study determined this based on white cars being more visible at night).
So I guess Black cars are less likely to be hit during the day?
Old 09-24-2004, 11:58 AM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Just curious if any owners find themselves having color remorse. Bought a SSM but can't help wishing i got a NHB everytime i see one on the road. Don't want to turn this into "my color is best and this is why" discussion... but just curious if i'm not alone in my sentiments. if so, what do you have and what color do you want?
I tihnk of getting SSM everytime I have to clean my car. Black is the hardest color to keep clean. I use quick detailer every night because of how dusty the OSU campus is due to construction. I also had a problem with swirl marks until recently when I used NXT. I do wish they had come out with a more metallic gray color, that would've been my top pick. I didn't have to do all this work with my silver Jeep GC. When my car is clean though, I loose all remorse.

SSM is a very easy to maintain color, it just doesn't seem as bling bling as black because it does not show gloss as easily. On the plus side to me its more sporty and somewhat youthful (energetic). I think SSM and PWP look best dressed up in the various body kits.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:59 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

1) there is a difference between the color bodybuilders wear, and complete black.

2) bodybuilding shows are done in extreme lighting, which will highlight the color. however, in not so bright lighting, black will absorb the light rays, and not reflect it back, resulting in less light reaching your eyes.

lol, i'm not going to get into an argument about this, but your talking out of your a$$ and making stuff up as you go along. Bobybuilders paint because darker colors show creases in the muscles more. its a FACT.

and as for black not reflecting as much light. You are 100% correct. Which is why a crease or ding will stand out so much more on the black background of a black car.

EDIT: sorry for the hijack. Of course tanned bodubuilders and black cars are apples to oranges. Back on topic. I have SSM and have no regrets, but if black with ebony was an option here in Canada I would probably be driving one.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:09 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by sunnyboy
I also had a problem with swirl marks until recently when I used NXT.

Hmmm, my recent application of Zaino did nothing for my swirlmarks. So the NXT completely eliminated them?

Sorry for the
Old 09-24-2004, 01:03 PM
04 remembrance

CG is sexy; but PWP is sexier.

iamhomin, who drives a CG TSX.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:08 PM
Banned

maybe the NHB ones you have seen so far happened to be VERY clean and very polished.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:45 PM
Instructor

No remorse yet. Still amazed at how CG sort of plays tricks on your eyes. I've been told that it looks green, blue, and dark gray on different occasions.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
I love my SSM...at certain light angles, it's got some bluish hue to it
Old 09-24-2004, 01:59 PM
Intermediate

Pwp

At first we were looking at the ABP then it was a tie b/w the CGP and PWP. We decided on the PWP. Car is for my wife and she was more interested in the expensive luxury wood look than the chrome sporty look. No regrets here.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:36 PM
6 speed yo!

i got milano red, but the only thing i hate about it is the interior color and that wood haha. but it looks so hot when its washed. i would not choose any other color. im over the interior now, its alot cooler in the summer anywayz. (friend has a rsx w/ black interior)
Old 09-24-2004, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

I love my black on black tsx, it the best during night time. The day time the car looks normal, but so much more meaner in the night.
Old 09-24-2004, 03:39 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by iamhomin
CG is sexy; but PWP is sexier.

iamhomin, who drives a CG TSX.

Interestingly, I think white and black make the car look bulkier than it is whereas the silver and carbon grey colors make it look a little sleeker. Is it just me?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
I love my SSM...at certain light angles, it's got some bluish hue to it

problly reflection of the blue sky ?
Old 09-24-2004, 03:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nader-tsx
I went into the Acura dealership wanting the PWP color, because I just have a thing for white (I walked out of a BMW dealership b/c they couldn't get me the white 325 Ci). But then I realized that they only offer the tan interior with the wood trim which I thought looked really :gheyfight: . If they had the ebony interior for the PWP exterior I would have gotten that in a heartbeat. But I reasoned to myself that I'm going to be sitting inside of the car more than looking at it from the outside so I went with the Black exterior with the ebony interior leather.

Tell you the truth I wish I had just gotten the PWP, altough the black looks really hot after washing and waxing...
I have PWP with Ebony in Canada! I love it. Could someone please tell me why would Honda Japan do such silly color combo difference between 2 countries ( USA/Canada ) separated by an invisiable board line?
Old 09-24-2004, 04:12 PM
Instructor

My first choice was carbon gray but I decided on the artic blue. I wish it was lighter though. Anyway, now when I see the white, I want that one really bad. But then all my other cars were white and every accident I've been in was people hitting me so I decided not to get white cars anymore. But I still like PWP but I love my Artic blue better. Looks sportier.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

Hmmm, my recent application of Zaino did nothing for my swirlmarks. So the NXT completely eliminated them?

Sorry for the
No, I wouldn't say they eliminated them completely, but it did a very good job of either filling them in or covering most of them up. I have been using quick detailer every since the first coat of NXT and haven't seen them come back yet. I thought for sure after a couple quick detail sprays they would reappear but I'm pleasantly surprised. I considered my swirl marks pretty minor, you wouldn't notice them unless you were looking under direct sunlight or flourescent street lamp up close. The car also has a deeper shine.

I've used NuFinish, Eagle One WET (not the new nanowwax), Gold Class, Scratch X, 3M Finish Restorer and the store bought Zymol stuff...so far NXT has given me the best results in terms of swirl mark "removal". Its also a piece of cake to apply and take off. I'll have to look around to see if I have a good pic of before and after NXT that shows swirls.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:46 PM
Instructor

Has anyone seen (or does anyone own) a SSM w/ quartz interior?

I like the look of the quartz leather with the CG, but curious if anyone has that other rare combo.....
Old 09-24-2004, 10:46 PM
Move toward the window...

Originally Posted by z-tec
Has anyone seen (or does anyone own) a SSM w/ quartz interior?

I like the look of the quartz leather with the CG, but curious if anyone has that other rare combo.....
I test drove a CG with the quartz interior.. and the ebony interior is MUCH better looking IMO. SSM with a gray interior is very boring.

Quick Reply: Color remorse