Clear Bra on PWP TSX

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2004, 01:18 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra on PWP TSX

Hello all...I'm considering a PWP TSX in the near future and was wondering if anybody has a clearbra on this particular color. I have 2 friends that have installed the clearbra on a 01 red S2000 and on an 01 blue S4. Both clearbras have held up rather well for about 3 years, which is my primary concern. They both claim that the 'clearness' of the bra is not as clear as when new (Stongard brand). Its still looks good, but just a bit more noticable.

My concern is that on a PWP car in the long run, the clearbra will be alot more noticeable. I know none of you can speak of long term looks as the TSX is just a year old at most. Even Pro installes claim the clearbra is most noticeable on a white car. I'm afraid even more so as the car goes thru the seasons and ages.

If indeed long term prospects don't look good, I may consider a darker TSX (SSM or CG) unless of course if PWP comes in Ebony in the future. If that is the case, I'm getting that combo regardless

Any thoughts? Please include brand of clearbra if possible. Thanks

P2
Old 07-17-2004, 12:53 PM
Cruisin'

I would go with 3M. That's what I had on my my 2000 Jetta and it held up quite well for almost 5 years. The other brands tend to turn yellow as time goes by. I'm getting ready to purchase my TSX and might get the full nose wrap which includes the bumper as well. Whatever clear bra you get they should put clear bra on the back side of your mirrors and by the door handles where finger nails can scratch the paint. Also, make them extend the clear bar to the middle of the hood for added protection.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:35 PM
The Voice of Reason

White, 3M from http://www.invinca-shield.com/main.htm it looks FINE, the only problem is it's a ***** to apply to a white car, every and I mean every imperfection will show up!
Old 07-17-2004, 05:06 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the feedback

Yes, the yellowing is a major concern. It does not matter too much on a darker car, but on white, for sure it will be noticeable. I'll check out 3M and XPEL.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by A4B4TSX
Hello all...I'm considering a PWP TSX in the near future and was wondering if anybody has a clearbra on this particular color. I have 2 friends that have installed the clearbra on a 01 red S2000 and on an 01 blue S4. Both clearbras have held up rather well for about 3 years, which is my primary concern. They both claim that the 'clearness' of the bra is not as clear as when new (Stongard brand). Its still looks good, but just a bit more noticable.

My concern is that on a PWP car in the long run, the clearbra will be alot more noticeable. I know none of you can speak of long term looks as the TSX is just a year old at most. Even Pro installes claim the clearbra is most noticeable on a white car. I'm afraid even more so as the car goes thru the seasons and ages.

If indeed long term prospects don't look good, I may consider a darker TSX (SSM or CG) unless of course if PWP comes in Ebony in the future. If that is the case, I'm getting that combo regardless

Any thoughts? Please include brand of clearbra if possible. Thanks

P2
The product used to be more noticeable on white cars (3M) since they have been around the longest. Their newest version of film that everyone who uses 3M is using now is much clearer and blends in soo much better than the older versions. There is also Llumar PPF which used to be clearer than 3M, but IMHO they are viturally the same now.

The brand IE RockBlocker, Xpel and Invinca-shield has no bearing on the clearness of the film since they all use the same film. It comes down to the maker of the film. Just remember if you dont cover the front end when you start to get rock chips they will show black since the bumper is made from black urethane and they will be more noticeable in the long run. Most of my customers like the clear bra more than the black chips in the bumper, but to each their own.

I offer lifetime warranty on the film for cracking, fading and/or yellowing of the film for as long as you own the car. Check out what other brands are offering.

If you ahve any other questions feel free to let me know. Be glad to help.