Cincinnati, OH Superior Acura

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 06:40 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cincinnati, OH Superior Acura

These guys have some high quality service. I called in to see what I could get out of these guys. I was looking specifically for a 6MT CG Non-Navi. They called me back the next day and told me they had one coming in two weeks from now. So I said I'd take it for $25,000. This guy said He'd give it to me for $25,500 with all the dealer fees included, I just have to pay taxes and for my plates. I'm still in college and couldn't pick up my car, so the guy was nice enough to drop if off at my place. Everything went smoothly and I reccommend Superior Acura of Cincinnati to anyone. Just ask for Ince (internet sales rep).
Old 11-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs down

That's a great deal, just don't expect much out of their service dept. I just took my TSX in for it's first oil change and also wanted to get the center console looked at (the 2 lids would stick together) as well as an annoying rattle at highway speeds. Called them up, explained everything I needed done and setup an appt. for 9am the next morning. Went in and dropped off my car. First thing they asked when I described the rattling noise to them was if it was my yakima ski rack. I explained to them that I had just installed it and the noise was there prior to installation. Fast forward to 2pm.....go to pick up the car and saw it sitting out front with a fresh car wash. They handed me the invoice and explained to me that the rattling noise was being caused by my ski rack and that once they tightened it up the problem went away! They did manage to "fix" the center console using some spray lube, but it'll just come back once the lube is gone. Here's the kicker though......there was no oil change on the invoice at all! When I brought this to their attention they tried to tell me that I didn't say anything about an oil change! So they asked if I could wait 15 minutes while they changed it. No problem I said......40 minutes later my car was ready. The new invoice stated they also topped off all fluids and set the tire pressure (this comes in to play later). I paid the $30+ for the oil change and left. Sure enough as soon as I hit 50mph the rattling noise returned. I just figured that I'd take it back in to have it looked at again at some other time and left it at that. The next day I went out to my car to notice that the driver side front tire was visibly under-inflated and after checking it found it to only be at 18psi! So I decided to check the fluid levels as well. It appears they actually did change the oil as it looked/smelled clean and was full, but they neglected to put one of those oil change stickers on my window or stamp my owners manual. Next I checked the washer fluid. I didn't see anything in there so I thought I'd just top it off. I ended up putting over 3/4 gallon of fluid in before it was full again.
I wrote a letter to the service manager at Superior Acura and all he did was give me excuses as to why these things weren't done....not solutions. He was unapologetic, rude, and argumentative. I ended up having to hang up on him because of his attitude.
I'll never go to Superior Acura for service again. The next closest dealership is about 20 minutes further away, but hopefully they'll be willing to offer some kind of service rather than arguing with me and giving me half-assed excuses as to why things weren't done right in the first place. I don't want excuses, I want solutions. Hell, the least they could've done was offer me the oil change for free, but I guess that's a bit too much for them. Lesson learned.....STAY AWAY FROM SUPERIOR ACURA!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by ASpecTSX
That's a great deal, just don't expect much out of their service dept. I just took my TSX in for it's first oil change and also wanted to get the center console looked at (the 2 lids would stick together) as well as an annoying rattle at highway speeds. Called them up, explained everything I needed done and setup an appt. for 9am the next morning. Went in and dropped off my car. First thing they asked when I described the rattling noise to them was if it was my yakima ski rack. I explained to them that I had just installed it and the noise was there prior to installation. Fast forward to 2pm.....go to pick up the car and saw it sitting out front with a fresh car wash. They handed me the invoice and explained to me that the rattling noise was being caused by my ski rack and that once they tightened it up the problem went away! They did manage to "fix" the center console using some spray lube, but it'll just come back once the lube is gone. Here's the kicker though......there was no oil change on the invoice at all! When I brought this to their attention they tried to tell me that I didn't say anything about an oil change! So they asked if I could wait 15 minutes while they changed it. No problem I said......40 minutes later my car was ready. The new invoice stated they also topped off all fluids and set the tire pressure (this comes in to play later). I paid the $30+ for the oil change and left. Sure enough as soon as I hit 50mph the rattling noise returned. I just figured that I'd take it back in to have it looked at again at some other time and left it at that. The next day I went out to my car to notice that the driver side front tire was visibly under-inflated and after checking it found it to only be at 18psi! So I decided to check the fluid levels as well. It appears they actually did change the oil as it looked/smelled clean and was full, but they neglected to put one of those oil change stickers on my window or stamp my owners manual. Next I checked the washer fluid. I didn't see anything in there so I thought I'd just top it off. I ended up putting over 3/4 gallon of fluid in before it was full again.
I wrote a letter to the service manager at Superior Acura and all he did was give me excuses as to why these things weren't done....not solutions. He was unapologetic, rude, and argumentative. I ended up having to hang up on him because of his attitude.
I'll never go to Superior Acura for service again. The next closest dealership is about 20 minutes further away, but hopefully they'll be willing to offer some kind of service rather than arguing with me and giving me half-assed excuses as to why things weren't done right in the first place. I don't want excuses, I want solutions. Hell, the least they could've done was offer me the oil change for free, but I guess that's a bit too much for them. Lesson learned.....STAY AWAY FROM SUPERIOR ACURA!
Wow man that sucks. Dont go there again.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Haha... Yeah, I'm not too thrilled with their Service Department heads. I get a less than comfortable feeling from them. Now I know one of the mechanics personally and that is just messed up that they forgot to do all that stuff.

If you need service, give Columbia (On Montgomery Rd) a shot, but I don't know too much about them.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Thumbs down

I went to get my car fixed there and their service department is horrible. I think next time anything happens I'll just take it over to Columbia Acura. They said they'd make the fix in two weeks and asked if I needed a loaner.. I was going to be in New York anyway so I said no. Later I come back and find out that nothing has been fixed and it will be another 2 weeks to fix my car. So I go in and ask for a loaner car because I needed something to drive for two weeks. Well it turns out they said that since the fix is not warranty they cannot give me a loaner.... does that make any sense? Maybe I'm wrong there but I thought if they serviced my car then they should offer me a loaner... especially since I bought my car there a year ago.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PixelHarmony
Well it turns out they said that since the fix is not warranty they cannot give me a loaner.... does that make any sense? Maybe I'm wrong there but I thought if they serviced my car then they should offer me a loaner... especially since I bought my car there a year ago.

I've had this same argument with them. My problem is, at a Lexus dealer, you'd get the next model up... its called selling the car... you know. Anyway, it was an issue for me as well. Service or warranty work, you should offer a loaner. That is probably my biggest issue with Superior; maybe others have this same policy. All the work they've done on my car has been good (Not great). So I can't complain too much. I just always feel like they're inconvenienced by me being there. If it weren't for one of the mechanics knowing me, I don't think I'd even go there.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:06 PM
living in the year 3030

I had my CL serviced at Superior before. They didnt fix my actual problem correctly the first time, but when I bitched at the service manager I got a discount on the repair and a free loaner for the day (TL). It was definitely way out of warranty work. So not the best but not the worst.