Chicago TSXers

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chicago TSXers

Just got my 06 TSX 5AT about a month ago. so i am wondering anyone from around the chicago area, and which shop do you guys go to when modding your tsx !! and those who are already hondatafied, where did you guys do? because i don't see any dealer on their website that's within the IL state. Thanks in advance
Old 07-13-2007, 04:50 PM
07 NHBP

Lake Forest here. Bought mine at Arlington Acura in Palatine from Curt.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Racer

Northwest Side here. The good Oldschool shops are Top Speed in Chinatown and Drivers' Image on the North Side. Been going to those guys since my CRX days. As for tuning Hondas/Acuras, my buddy owns Top Setup. Him and his guys definitely know what they're doing, and their own cars win both at the straight line track, and at lap tracks. They swapped the vtec motor into my crx back in the day.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

speaking of Chicago TSXers.....where did you guys get your windows tinted and how much did it cost..

i have heard good things about Z Tech so i went over there and the quoted me $289 for all the windows any tint shade i want....is that a good price or should i look for lower
Old 07-13-2007, 09:47 PM
07 NHBP

Originally Posted by JayRoam
The good Oldschool shops are Top Speed in Chinatown and Drivers' Image on the North Side. Been going to those guys since my CRX days.
Gregg is one of my best friends so if u guys need anything let me know! Ive known him since the early 90's when he was a minitrucker!
Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Intermediate

Somewhat off-topic, but

Originally Posted by Jeff_Chicago
Lake Forest here. Bought mine at Arlington Acura in Palatine from Curt.
Jeff, I tried to PM you, but apparently I don't have sufficient privileges. I bought my 07 TSX about 2 months ago from the same place and same sales person. Nice guy. Did you go the Costco route?
Old 07-13-2007, 10:22 PM
07 NHBP

Originally Posted by ILTomK
Did you go the Costco route?
Ummm, I don't think I understand.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:29 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I checked out Z Tech and was not impressed by them. I found some that was recommended on a few other boards for window tint that did my car and I was impressed by his work. Let me know if you want his contact info. Not sure if the mods will let me post his webpage.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:53 AM
Racer

Gregg is one of my best friends so if u guys need anything let me know! Ive known him since the early 90's when he was a minitrucker!
Yeah, we've known Greg since my Deceptions Motorsports days. Good guy. Ask him if he still has his yellow clubbing glasses around. hahaha
Old 07-14-2007, 10:25 AM
07 NHBP

Yeah, we've known Greg since my Deceptions Motorsports days. Good guy. Ask him if he still has his yellow clubbing glasses around. hahaha
Deceptions!!!!!!!!! ahahahahah! U know who this is???? Its Jeff from Ground Pounders that had the red civic that was sponsored by Gregg! remember this car??? I every so often still talk with Will and JayJay.
Started off as this..............

Shot at 2007-07-14

Ended like this!

Shot with DSC-P41 at 2007-07-14
Old 07-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Racer

Oh damn Jeff. It's been way too long. It's me Jerome. Remember this??

And this is what I"m rollin' now. I sold the CRX to Brian (from Deceptions) and he's been workin' to bring the car back to the track.

Should we rename this a Chicago reunion thread? hah. We should do a Deceptions vs. Ground Pounders get-together. It would be great to see you guys again. I'll talk to JayJay this weekend probably.

Deceptions!!!!!!!!! ahahahahah! U know who this is???? Its Jeff from Ground Pounders that had the red civic that was sponsored by Gregg! remember this car??? I every so often still talk with Will and JayJay.
Started off as this..............

Shot at 2007-07-14

Ended like this!

Shot with DSC-P41 at 2007-07-14
Old 07-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Intermediate

Ummm, I don't think I understand.
Costco has a car buying service arrangement with usually one or two dealers per car brand in an area. I used it and Arlington Acura was the one dealer in the Chicago area for the TSX. Curt was the guy who took care of me.

I think I got a decent deal, but I probably could have done a little better. The Costco thing was easy, no hassle.

Pauly Acura wouldn't move off of full MSRP and would not include the TSX in the Honda low interest financing rate deal, only TL & RLs at Pauly.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:18 PM
07 NHBP

Oh damn Jeff. It's been way too long. It's me Jerome. Remember this??

And this is what I"m rollin' now. I sold the CRX to Brian (from Deceptions) and he's been workin' to bring the car back to the track.

Should we rename this a Chicago reunion thread? hah. We should do a Deceptions vs. Ground Pounders get-together. It would be great to see you guys again. I'll talk to JayJay this weekend probably.
Yea, I remember you! This is crazy because I used to have a 4th gen wag and I was on another forum with Will and now you! All us Ground Pounder guys are old and in need of JDM walkers! lol The club split up a long time ago, but there is a guy named Ryan from Minooka that is the President of the club and I think there is only him and another guy. That would be cool to mention that to JayJay and see what he says! Let me know!!!!
Old 07-15-2007, 06:50 PM
Instructor

all chicago TSXers !!! come sign in !!!! i m at naperville !!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:13 PM
B A N N E D

Glenview.. but I live in Madison now. Only home for an internship this summer.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Intermediate

Plainfield here....
Old 07-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Where is Top Setup located? As in where in China town are they?
I've heard lots of great things about them.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also from Plainfield.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Race Director

I live near Lake in the Hills.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:31 PM
Intermediate

Glen Ellyn ...............

I don't know abut you guys but i think the roads here are getting worse. I have found some massive potholes in the last few months.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:17 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by quinnsta

I don't know abut you guys but i think the roads here are getting worse. I have found some massive potholes in the last few months.

dude i feel ya... everywhere i go around the city and burbs... even both ways down my own street, CONSTRUCTION!!! Fuckin Chicago
Old 07-16-2007, 09:20 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by ILTomK
Costco has a car buying service arrangement with usually one or two dealers per car brand in an area. I used it and Arlington Acura was the one dealer in the Chicago area for the TSX. Curt was the guy who took care of me.

I think I got a decent deal, but I probably could have done a little better. The Costco thing was easy, no hassle.

Pauly Acura wouldn't move off of full MSRP and would not include the TSX in the Honda low interest financing rate deal, only TL & RLs at Pauly.
that sounds familiar... I paid sticker at pauly, cash. You think they'd budge a little for cash maybe... but no. Highland Park is far too snooty when it comes to the car business.. but Mcgrath wasn't any better.

I shoulda bought mine in Madison... i'd have been treated like a king
Old 07-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Race Director

I bought mine at Napleton 3.5 yrs ago they had a good deal, along with Continental Acura but that was way too far for me to drive going all the way to Lisle or is it Naperville?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Intermediate

Im from carol stream. bought mine at ed napelton got a decent deal.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by quinnsta

glen ellyn...me too. bought from pauly acura, get work done at continental
Old 07-17-2007, 02:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by fodzy147
Im from carol stream. bought mine at ed napelton got a decent deal.
i just saw a new black tsx in carol stream within the last couple months or so on the route I drive to avoid the construction on army trail road. probably not yours, though.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by runner453
i just saw a new black tsx in carol stream within the last couple months or so on the route I drive to avoid the construction on army trail road. probably not yours, though.

ya i am in bloomingdale and the surrounding suburbs often. army trail sucks doesnt it?, on what rd do u see it. i wouldnt doubt that it is me. i dont have temps any more but my car is farelly new. around wut time do you normally see it
Old 07-17-2007, 02:49 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by runner453
glen ellyn...me too. bought from pauly acura, get work done at continental
So did pauly fuck you over too?

i paid sticker then they "must have made a mistake when they wrote down my payoff" cuz they claimed i owed an extra $600 on trade in... when i didn't pay it right away they threatened to take me to court... cuz i signed something saying i am responsible if the payoff is more than what i said. im not an idiot and know i gave them the correct # but also very shady on their part cuz 99% of the dealers out there will call and check the payoff themselves.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
I bought mine at Napleton 3.5 yrs ago they had a good deal, along with Continental Acura but that was way too far for me to drive going all the way to Lisle or is it Naperville?
Naperville that's where i got my tsx
Old 07-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TSX Wisc Badger
So did pauly fuck you over too?

i paid sticker then they "must have made a mistake when they wrote down my payoff" cuz they claimed i owed an extra $600 on trade in... when i didn't pay it right away they threatened to take me to court... cuz i signed something saying i am responsible if the payoff is more than what i said. im not an idiot and know i gave them the correct # but also very shady on their part cuz 99% of the dealers out there will call and check the payoff themselves.
i didn't like them, and my sales guy, steve, was pure trash.

i didn't bother with the trade in with them. just sold it to the car max down the road.

i only dealt with pauly b/c of the availability of the one I wanted, but haven't talked to them since
Old 07-17-2007, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

I got mine in 06' from Napelton.....IT was a used 05' with 5k miles on it already had factory spoiler, skirts, and roadgaurd. It is fully loaded, and i got it for a real good deal. The sales person was nice, however somtimes thier maintence people piss me off.

Just out of curiosity what do you guys pay for a full synthetic oil change. I think mine is around $80.00 that seems high.

Thye put in Mobile 1.
Old 07-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by taz98spin
Where is Top Setup located? As in where in China town are they?
I've heard lots of great things about them.
Actually Top Setup is in Palatine. I'd post their website and info but i think it's against forum rules since they're not a sponsor.

Just Google top setup, and you should be able to find the right one. Ask for Charlie and tell him Jerome referred you, he's the owner and a good friend. Definitely knows his stuff. It's more of a speed shop, than accessories.

For accessories and wheels, go to Top Speed in Chinatown. Joey's the owner there
Old 07-17-2007, 09:56 PM
Racer

Got mine in early 2005 from Woodfield (Muller's) Acura. Got a great deal because my friend worked there and had me talking to the sales manager and general manager the entire time. One of the few places that had PWP. Really easy deal, and not pushy. Although, I kinda wish they had pushed me to get the navi because they had a pwp navi there. That's pretty much my only regret.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 AM
Instructor

where did you guys get ur ecu reflashed ?
Old 07-19-2007, 03:38 AM
OEM plus!

Top Setup in Palatine has come under good recommendation to me from another member here. I do all the work on my car, but I have seen them do intake, suspension etc on this members TSX and it was mint. Very, very resonable pricing there and they have been in multiple import tuner magazines.

If you want a dealer to do some other type of work for you, the folks at Ed Napleton have always treated me right. We get good discounts on Acura OEM parts there too. They also do work for Comptech there.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:24 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by A Cake On
Top Setup in Palatine has come under good recommendation to me from another member here. I do all the work on my car, but I have seen them do intake, suspension etc on this members TSX and it was mint. Very, very resonable pricing there and they have been in multiple import tuner magazines.

If you want a dealer to do some other type of work for you, the folks at Ed Napleton have always treated me right. We get good discounts on Acura OEM parts there too. They also do work for Comptech there.
Do you think Napleton would help install a SC for the TSX?
Old 07-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Actually Top Setup is in Palatine. I'd post their website and info but i think it's against forum rules since they're not a sponsor.

Just Google top setup, and you should be able to find the right one. Ask for Charlie and tell him Jerome referred you, he's the owner and a good friend. Definitely knows his stuff. It's more of a speed shop, than accessories.

For accessories and wheels, go to Top Speed in Chinatown. Joey's the owner there

Thanks! I'll have to make a trip up there soon than
Old 07-19-2007, 08:20 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by GenXY2k
where did you guys get ur ecu reflashed ?
there is a place called dynotuned if you are ever in maidson... theyre on the list of hondata authorized dealers. i brought my 07 there to be reflashed... obviously that never happened but ive heard good things.

then theres always king motorsports right outside of milwaukee... they are just that, the kings so if you want your shit done right and tight... see them.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Instructor

they just came out with the 07 reflash right ? is that y u didn't get ur tsx reflashed ?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by A Cake On

is there someone i need to look for at ed napleton for discount acura oem parts and comptech parts?

Quick Reply: Chicago TSXers