View Poll Results: What is your status on making it to the Chicago meet?
Definitely going to be there
47.62%
Possibly going to be there
42.86%
No dice, can't make it
9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Chicago TSX & Others Meet Checking

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by larchmont
Hey Sara -- Just thought I'd take the opportunity to ask:
How do you feel about the "sarawee" stuff? Should we stuff it?
Hmmm..well, I'm not offended or anything, if that's what you mean. I've been called worse!!!!

Edit: P.S. If I do make it to this meet, are you all bringing a "significant other" or am I gonna be the only loser flying solo?
Old 07-13-2003, 10:58 PM
More On

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by SaraWI
Hmmm..well, I'm not offended or anything, if that's what you mean. I've been called worse!!!! .....
Sounds like we should stuff it.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Advanced

Will there be a piano?
I pick my CG up tonight!!! I'll see if I can stuff one in the trunk... but I doubt it
Old 07-14-2003, 08:18 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by phingerz
I pick my CG up tonight!!! I'll see if I can stuff one in the trunk... but I doubt it
Wow that's awesome! Good luck.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:07 AM
Intermediate

hey guys.

i'm a 'maybe'...but i finally picked up my tsx last week. everything's going well so far...my only complaints are a couple rattles.

hey jason. did you get fogs on your tsx?...if i remember right, you got cg/qtz/6spd/nav...when i was at continental this weekend, i saw that exact combo with fogs.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:10 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by junc02
hey guys.

i'm a 'maybe'...but i finally picked up my tsx last week. everything's going well so far...my only complaints are a couple rattles.

hey jason. did you get fogs on your tsx?...if i remember right, you got cg/qtz/6spd/nav...when i was at continental this weekend, i saw that exact combo with fogs.
Holy shit! That's my car!! They uh, didn't let you drive it did they? Or sit in it? They let you look at it?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
SaraWI: Well, although I'm married, I'll be flying solo as well. She's not as enthusiastic about cars as I am. I might tow my father with me in his Boxster S just b/c he loves driving (and why wouldn't anyone love to drive the Boxster S).

All: I moved the directions to the top. Sorry for the delay, I'm usually offline on the weekends b/c all I have is dial-up, but I'll try to visit more if possible.

Also, I agree with Mr. Chad about the tasteful car exhibition. We don't want any lime green, cracked front air dams, empty cockpit civics showing up, but tasteful mods and a "who's who" of cars would be sweet.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:19 PM
Intermediate

hey jason.

it was tough, but i talked them into letting me drive it...i helped ya break it in a little...nah, just playing dude. it was just sitting by itself in the middle of the lot...coulda used some cleaning though, but they haven't even taken off the protective hood cover so they're probably just gonna wait until you pick it up to prep/wax it.

i think continental does a lot more than some dealers for prep...cleaning the interior, lexol on the leather, taking off the blue covering on the door threshold, wax, etc. anyway, hope you pick up your ride soon...i think it actually arrived on thursday...that's when i first saw it.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:29 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Question What's the rough schedule look like.

Anyone know what time we may start eating after our initial meet and greet?

Not sure if everyone is planning to show up at 11:30am or not. Does anyone think we need a fashionably late window for out of towners. Are we planning to eat at 12noon or 1pm?

Do we as a group have anything planned for after eating? Is this place big enough to offer a small tour and beer tasting? Anyone know much about this mini-brewery, does it have tour worthy status?

Hanging out is plenty cool buy me, just not sure if the Brewery lot is big enough to tolerate our loitering?

I'm just fishing for ideas of how to plan my day. I'm driving around 7-1/2 hours to show up. I'm planning on staying the night in town "Schaumburg?". My wife won't be able to attend; she has prior obligations. So, just tying to fill my day up.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Drifting

Hey all.

junc, thanks for the heads-up and making me feel better. That's great news.

The rest: I was all over the NW suburbs today for work, and on my way home I drove through Schaumburg and decided to do some advance scouting.

Here's the bad news: the Brewery is totally inadequate for our needs. With 15+ people showing up, and it's starting to look that way, we'll never get the wide open spots we need. We can thank Costco for that.

Here's the good news: I went to IKEA and talked to some management types there to see about using their parking lot for a while. There's a lot of red tape and they are concerned about their traffic that day, which will be enormous (like any other Sat.). They're not sure we'll have the space and they don't know if risk management will sign off anyway. They're gonna call me. Oh yeah, I said good news. So they said when they have a ton of people parking on a Sat., the customers use the lots at Amerisuites and Roosevelt University for overflow. Roosevelt would be PERFECT for our needs (a wide open lot abandoned on Sat.), and I don't think we'll even need permission. If people are allowed to park there and walk across the street, why would they bother us?

Anyway, I propose we use the Roosevelt University parking lot as a primary meet destination, and I can go back to the area to do further scouting and come up with an alternate. My thinking goes, if you don't see a shitload of TSXs at 11:30-11:45, then we went to the alternate site. Also, we must take into consideration those that are travelling longer distances and may be late. I think the "meet" portion of the event should last at least until 1:00PM. Then we can break up and go around the corner to the Brewery for the "eat" portion of the event.

What do you all think?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:37 PM
Instructor

Sounds good to me.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:40 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

This sounds good. We'll need a window of arrival "time table" for out of towners and when photos will be taken and such.

Then the group as a really cool convoy can drive over to the Brewery
Old 07-14-2003, 10:57 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by MrChad
This sounds good. We'll need a window of arrival "time table" for out of towners and when photos will be taken and such.

Then the group as a really cool convoy can drive over to the Brewery
Yeah but the many of the out-of-towners will be staying overnight on Friday. SaraWI and anyone else from WI or Indy will be coming direct.

I like the convoy idea though.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:15 PM
Still here

Well, if we need more lot space, we could always head over to the AMC 30. It's just off I-90, easy to find, and we could all catch a movie Well, maybe not a movie, but there a quite a few food places around there as well.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:22 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by e_lectro
Well, if we need more lot space, we could always head over to the AMC 30. It's just off I-90, easy to find, and we could all catch a movie Well, maybe not a movie, but there a quite a few food places around there as well.
That's not a bad idea either. In fact, that's a great idea. That theatre will be empty at 11:30. Then we can caravan to the brewery. Damn that's good. The only thing is at the University, we'd have wi-fi and I could bring my laptop and digital camera...
Old 07-14-2003, 11:32 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Originally posted by Jason
That's not a bad idea either. In fact, that's a great idea. That theatre will be empty at 11:30. Then we can caravan to the brewery. Damn that's good. The only thing is at the University, we'd have wi-fi and I could bring my laptop and digital camera...
Sounds good.

I'm leaving early Saturday driving all morning to be at the meet by 11:30am. Then hopefully some folks from the area can show me a good time for the rest of the day. And I'll stay over in Schaumburg I guess. Hotel Recommendation anyone?
Old 07-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Suzuka Master

I will post an update the first post to communicate the change. Good thinking.
Old 07-15-2003, 05:53 AM
Drifting

Sounds good.

I'm leaving early Saturday driving all morning to be at the meet by 11:30am. Then hopefully some folks from the area can show me a good time for the rest of the day. And I'll stay over in Schaumburg I guess. Hotel Recommendation anyone?
So you hittin the road about 4AM? We're gonna definitely hook you up.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:20 AM
wiz
Pro

Ok guys, I got the ok from the Girlfriend to come to the meet, and she wants to come also. Looks like we're going to take the day off on Friday and drive up (taking our time and enjoying the drive of course). So I will need a place to stay for Friday and Saturday night, hopefully not to expensive, but not a skumhole shack either. Since it looks like you know the place well Jason, I'm hoping you can fill me in, either on the chatroom or hit me up with an e-mail so I can go ahead and make some reservations. Directions would be nice also. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Old 07-15-2003, 06:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Just a reminder to everyone, make sure to vote so that we can get a count, if you haven't already. Thanks
Old 07-15-2003, 06:37 AM
wiz
Pro

OK, I need to change my vote to (yes) instead of (maybe).

Old 07-15-2003, 06:58 AM
Drifting

If I can make a suggestion, it's to wait until we are closer to the event and then re-establish a thread with a head count. We are a bit premature in voting, which is good b/c we're all excited, but things are going to change as we get closer.

Wiz that's great news that you're coming. We have you and two people from OH, and one or two from WI, and possibly some Indy people. This is going to be very successful. For those out-of-towners, hook me up with a PM or e-mail or see me in the chat room, and I will make sure you are taken care of for lodging.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Make sure you put a bra on the car at least for the road trip! Last thing you need is chips and bugs all over your front end.

Originally posted by wiz
Ok guys, I got the ok from the Girlfriend to come to the meet, and she wants to come also. Looks like we're going to take the day off on Friday and drive up (taking our time and enjoying the drive of course). So I will need a place to stay for Friday and Saturday night, hopefully not to expensive, but not a skumhole shack either. Since it looks like you know the place well Jason, I'm hoping you can fill me in, either on the chatroom or hit me up with an e-mail so I can go ahead and make some reservations. Directions would be nice also. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:11 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by synth19
Make sure you put a bra on the car at least for the road trip! Last thing you need is chips and bugs all over your front end.
Nah, I don't need a bra. I have all the car-wash stuff in the trunk, so I'll just have to find a hose or use a bottle of water to clean it off.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
cool! Just watch out for the paint chips!

Originally posted by wiz
Nah, I don't need a bra. I have all the car-wash stuff in the trunk, so I'll just have to find a hose or use a bottle of water to clean it off.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:44 AM
wiz
Pro

Originally posted by synth19
cool! Just watch out for the paint chips!
I haven't gotten any yet <crosses fingers>
Old 07-17-2003, 08:40 AM
Advanced

That schedule sounds good. Location sounds good too. Ikea gets really packed so the RU idea is nice! So, yeah... all sounds good.

I know... I'm easy.
Old 07-17-2003, 11:46 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Woo-Hoo! We have another car coming. My sister is tagging along from Ohio and bringing her 2002 EX V6 Accord Sedan. Just adding more pressure for the Acura boys to show up in force so they aren't out-numbered at there own meet.
Old 07-18-2003, 05:32 AM
Suzuka Master

MrChad, make sure you put your sister's vote into the count. Glad she can make it too!!
Old 07-18-2003, 07:11 AM
I kAnt Spel guD

I can't vote twice
Old 07-18-2003, 10:24 AM
More On

I can't vote twice
There, done!

I put in a "Definitely" vote for Chad's sister.

(That's to make up for that other thread, Chad!)
Old 07-18-2003, 10:02 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

There, done!

I put in a "Definitely" vote for Chad's sister.

(That's to make up for that other thread, Chad!)
Thanks fellow Accord owner
Old 07-18-2003, 10:26 PM
More On

Thanks fellow Accord owner
No problem :'( :'( :'( :'(
Old 07-23-2003, 03:28 PM
wiz
Pro

So is everything still setup and ready to go for that weekend? The g/f and I have taken the necessary days off and are going to be staying through Sunday afternoon. We don't have to be back at work though until Tuesday morning.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:59 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by wiz
So is everything still setup and ready to go for that weekend? The g/f and I have taken the necessary days off and are going to be staying through Sunday afternoon. We don't have to be back at work though until Tuesday morning.
Of course dude, we're all set. The only problem is we set this up so far in advance that we have too much time before the event. No worries, in a few weeks we'll get all the info rocking and promote the date.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:26 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Okay Mods/Admins/Thread Author!!!

We need to clean out the thread and keep the daily off topic/on topic chat down to a page or two max.

The meet is less then three weeks away and this thread has died.
Let's dump the posts and start this thing off clean.

And hey lets start voting on this thing. We have only 16 people thinking about going to a Chigago meet of likely the internet's best Honda/Acura community I have had the pleasure of meeting to date?

Come-on, let's get some support up in this house- Boyzzz

I'm psych'd--I'm driving 7+ hours to meet up with everyone.
Let's have a role call on this thread of all out of towners attending and your car.

Mr Chad : 2000 SMS Accord EX coupe VTEC 5-speed no. 13,368
Mr Chad's Sister : 2002 SSM Accord EX V6 Sedan VTEC auto no. 10,298

Woo-hoo!! No 15,000 limit on these babies
Old 07-30-2003, 06:15 AM
wiz
Pro

7+ hours...bah, that's nothing! I'll be coming from about 11-12 hours away. I will be there...with mah TSX.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:03 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Way to go Wiz!!

See this is what I'm talk'n about.
What does this say.....

... If you are within a 5-hour window of the meet I hope you attend because this is going to kick @$$!!! Come on, mileage is your engines friends. The K24A yerns for long road trips with friends

Woo-hoo, why did the stickyness go away from this thread?
Old 07-31-2003, 07:48 AM
Racer

Will be there

My son (7 yrs old) and I will be there!
Old 07-31-2003, 08:56 AM
wiz
Pro

I don't know why this is not a sticky anymore...but no big deal really. I just have to book my hotel room now...

Quick Reply: Chicago TSX & Others Meet Checking